February 2013 Love Bugs

that gender test sounds cool id so have it if they offered me it but they dont do that at my hospital, i dont even know if they do it in the uk. looks like ill have to wait for the 20 week scan :wacko:

Same here - they don't offer it with me unless it's an amniocentesis. I'm finding out at 17 weeks - TOO impatient!!! :blush:

Are you thinking boy or girl? I was thinking girl but all of a sudden i've completely changed to boy!!

I usually don't mind the vivid dreams I have been having this pregnancy but I woke up panicked this morning because I dreamt I was having a mc during a tornado. The first thing I did when I woke up is looked out the window to make sure a tornado was not ravaging my neighborhood and then ran to the washroom to make sure I was not bleeding. Yikes it was a scary dream.

that gender test sounds cool id so have it if they offered me it but they dont do that at my hospital, i dont even know if they do it in the uk. looks like ill have to wait for the 20 week scan :wacko:

Same here - they don't offer it with me unless it's an amniocentesis. I'm finding out at 17 weeks - TOO impatient!!! :blush:

Are you thinking boy or girl? I was thinking girl but all of a sudden i've completely changed to boy!!

im thinkink girl but i thought that last time and it was a boy. i have had a few boy signs oh i cant wait to find out:thumbup:

I usually don't mind the vivid dreams I have been having this pregnancy but I woke up panicked this morning because I dreamt I was having a mc during a tornado. The first thing I did when I woke up is looked out the window to make sure a tornado was not ravaging my neighborhood and then ran to the washroom to make sure I was not bleeding. Yikes it was a scary dream.

i been having crazy dreams think its normol hun. i dreamt i was bleeding a few night ago but i wasnt :wacko: thank god:kiss:

Does anyone that has a doppler use it every day? I am a little scared of using it so often, but most everything I read says it's safe. It's so reassuring to hear this LO's HB after my losses...but maybe I should cut it down to a couple times per week?

I didn't buy one cuz many people brought up idea anything up there has the potential to introduce air and bacteria to baby... Would live the reassurance of hearing hb at home, but don't wanna introduce unnecessary risks...

I didn't buy one cuz many people brought up idea anything up there has the potential to introduce air and bacteria to baby... Would live the reassurance of hearing hb at home, but don't wanna introduce unnecessary risks...

Are you thinking of a vaginal ultrasound probe? This is just a doppler I'm talking about...that you use on your abdomen to hear the HB. You definitely don't put anything inside you and no I wouldn't do that either if that's how you were supposed to use it. :wacko:

Does anyone that has a doppler use it every day? I am a little scared of using it so often, but most everything I read says it's safe. It's so reassuring to hear this LO's HB after my losses...but maybe I should cut it down to a couple times per week?

I got the Sonoline B doppler yesterday, and it works really well! I only found LO's heartbeat twice, and just for a few seconds each time, it was almost like if I wasn't paying attention I'd have missed it. How soon did you start getting a good detection?
I'm not worried about using it every day, since I've got it, even though I had some trouble figuring out how it worked to start with, I've chilled out so much.

some ones having a bbq and the smell is filling my house and making me feel ill :(

I got the Sonoline B doppler yesterday, and it works really well! I only found LO's heartbeat twice, and just for a few seconds each time, it was almost like if I wasn't paying attention I'd have missed it. How soon did you start getting a good detection?
I'm not worried about using it every day, since I've got it, even though I had some trouble figuring out how it worked to start with, I've chilled out so much.

Me!! I do! I have the Sonoline B too and it's amazing. Had a couple of times where I couldn't find the HB for a while so I took a break and went back to it. After MMC's, to hear the HB everyday really reassures me and i've not read anything to make me think daily use (as long as it's not for long periods) is dangerous! x

i have an angel sounds one but im considering selling it and getting a sonoline b but gonna wait till after my scan on wed :)

serafina83 ive also had a loss at 14 weeks but i had a 12 week scan and all was well it was like u i went to mw at 16 weeks and she couldnt find hb xx

Sorry hunni it's horrible ain't it. We are due same day I'm 27th:)

In the uk they've stopped listening at 16 weeks too. I your Mw does listen she can't refer you as its no longer protocol to look for hb at 16 weeks.

I live in uk. Loads of my friends are pregnant or have just had baby's and they all had mw listen for heartbeat at 16 weeks

I am so confused ladies...

I went on alterna tickers and put in my due date (Feb 15) and then went on baby gaga for another ticker, but in my due date and it says im 10w 2 days, when im 10w 1 day

:wacko:

I am so confused ladies...

I went on alterna tickers and put in my due date (Feb 15) and then went on baby gaga for another ticker, but in my due date and it says im 10w 2 days, when im 10w 1 day

:wacko:

Make sure to check the time zone :) That will add or subtract a day to your ticker :)

I also have Sonoline B 3mhz and I got it last Monday and found the HB that day. I was 8+4 the day I got the doppler so I'm not sure if I could have found it earlier or not? I have heard it every day since, sometimes I find it in about 10 seconds and sometimes it takes a couple minutes. Sometimes baby seems to be trying to hide from the doppler LOL and other times he/she just sits in the perfect place! It seems to be getting louder when I do find it and baby is moving higher up slowly.

In the uk they've stopped listening at 16 weeks too. I your Mw does listen she can't refer you as its no longer protocol to look for hb at 16 weeks.

I live in uk. Loads of my friends are pregnant or have just had baby's and they all had mw listen for heartbeat at 16 weeks

Yeah some do it but it's no longer in the guidelines. Depends on your Mw really. I had it done at 16 wk with my 1st (2 yrs ago) but was told at booking in that she won't check it at 16.

If they do check for it and can't find it ten they cannot refer you for scan. Just depends on the trust and midwife I suppose.

my mw runs a clinic from 14 weeks every friday you can just turn up and have a listen :)

why would the MW in the UK not check HB at 16 weeks? If your not getting a scan for a while how are they to know everything is ok? Here in the US my doc checks HB every time. Im just confused on what it would hurt, and wouldnt even do good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->