February 2013 Love Bugs

Does anyone that has a doppler use it every day? I am a little scared of using it so often, but most everything I read says it's safe. It's so reassuring to hear this LO's HB after my losses...but maybe I should cut it down to a couple times per week?

I got the Sonoline B doppler yesterday, and it works really well! I only found LO's heartbeat twice, and just for a few seconds each time, it was almost like if I wasn't paying attention I'd have missed it. How soon did you start getting a good detection?
I'm not worried about using it every day, since I've got it, even though I had some trouble figuring out how it worked to start with, I've chilled out so much.

I also have Sonoline B 3mhz and I got it last Monday and found the HB that day. I was 8+4 the day I got the doppler so I'm not sure if I could have found it earlier or not? I have heard it every day since, sometimes I find it in about 10 seconds and sometimes it takes a couple minutes. Sometimes baby seems to be trying to hide from the doppler LOL and other times he/she just sits in the perfect place! It seems to be getting louder when I do find it and baby is moving higher up slowly.

Brilliant! I think baby is still really low down in me, I'm 9w tomorrow, and I can pick up my own hb really easily (displays as 70 and sounds like 'wop wop wop'), what I think must be the placenta (displays as 120-125 and sounds like 'wa-op wa-op wa-op') and I've had readings of 150-170 but never heard the baby's hb for more than a second or 2, even if it displays the numbers for longer. I'm getting those readings right at the edge of my pubic bone, but not always, it's like the placenta gets in the way, if that makes sense?

I have the angelsounds and use it every day. It's fab. Used it every day with my son too. I found it for the first time at 7+6. I didn't get it until 9 weeks with my son, so heard it everyday from 9 weeks with him.

with the angelsounds i can only hear placenta and my heartbeat thru my arteries :/ although im quite chubby and its still early days x

Hi ladies!

I haven't been here for ages! Anyone else struggling with their changing body? I haven't gained anything since my pre-pregnancy weight but I defo look and feel bigger and flabbier. I'm not loving this stage. I don't look pregnant, just like I've eaten too much rubbish. Ugh. I'm going to start walking more but it doesn't feel like proper exercise. How are you guys doing?

Me me me, hate hate hate this part of pregnancy! Not gained weight but look bloated and feel rubbish about myself! Love the thought of a baby in my tummy but not my body. This is my third and I'm worried how my body will cope and look after?

Hope your all well xxx

Me me me, hate hate hate this part of pregnancy! Not gained weight but look bloated and feel rubbish about myself! Love the thought of a baby in my tummy but not my body. This is my third and I'm worried how my body will cope and look after?

Hope your all well xxx

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. It sucks doesn't it. I feel guilty for feeling this way but I just want to skip this fat stage and get to the proper bump bit which is ages away! Husband doesn't understand and says I just have to deal with it. I'm used to being able to diet and increase my exercise whenever I want and I hate that I can't do that now that I'm pregnant.

xxx

MEMEMEME! And I have to wear a bikini in a few weeks in Florida :( I might see if they make those all in one sunsuits for adults and get a matching one like DDs :haha:

OLIVE!!!!!!:bunny:

I do feel like the only one here who's not going to get to hear a heartbeat until the 12 week scan.....if I can find a reasonably priced Doppler I might go that route. All I can do for now is assume there isn't a problem (well hope anyway).

OLIVE!!!!!!:bunny:

I do feel like the only one here who's not going to get to hear a heartbeat until the 12 week scan.....if I can find a reasonably priced Doppler I might go that route. All I can do for now is assume there isn't a problem (well hope anyway).

we cant afford a doppler either but HOPEFULLY get to hear hb on tuesday at our scan just really hope everything is still ok in there

MEMEMEME! And I have to wear a bikini in a few weeks in Florida :( I might see if they make those all in one sunsuits for adults and get a matching one like DDs :haha:

They have tankinis... That's what I wear when I'm feeling chubby. Its a bikini but covers most of your belly. Basically just shows right below the belly button and down.

They also have those monokinis, but they don't always look flattering. Depends on the person.

What is the best at home Doppler for a chubbier woman?

Oh goodness, I am not trim by any means LOL. The Sonoline B 3mhz works just fine for me. They say the 2mhz works better for "plus size" women but I have both (2mhz and 3mhz) and I still can't hear anything with the 2 yet. I think I'm going to resell the 2 on ebay because I really don't need this many dopplers! I actually have three (one of mine is really old)!!! :wacko: The only one I can hear baby on right now is the 3mhz Sonoline.

I am getting these severe pubic bone pains some days...really hurts. :( My MS is starting to come and go now though, instead of having constant nausea, so that's a good thing!!! ;) I'm more exhausted and needing A LOT of naps!!

How is everyone else feeling?

My MS is defo improving. But I'm still so tired and hormonal! One minute I feel "normal" and the next minute I'm either moody, depressed or in tears. I think I'm losing the plot.

:hugs: Hope you feel better soon hun. I've had terrible sickness all day and all last night :(

I definitely hear you about the body thing. I'm not eating any more than normal and only exercising a little bit less but my mid section looks SO much bigger, except there is no proper bump - just looks a lot fatter, even in areas that can't have anything to do with growing uterus. Oh well. Soon enough we'll have proper bumps.

I broke down and bought a Bella band yesterday b/c my jeans are already uncomfortably tight.

Otherwise, feeling pretty good. Just counting the days until my next appt - 11 days!

I hope everyone is having a good wknd. :hug:

I went to a family BBQ yesterday and my mum had told everyone I was pregnant :( Cue everyone telling me I was really big for 11 weeks :grr:

Hi ladies!

I haven't been here for ages! Anyone else struggling with their changing body? I haven't gained anything since my pre-pregnancy weight but I defo look and feel bigger and flabbier. I'm not loving this stage. I don't look pregnant, just like I've eaten too much rubbish. Ugh. I'm going to start walking more but it doesn't feel like proper exercise. How are you guys doing?

Oh Gosh yes! It looks like I have been overdoing junk food! I want a clear bump and to keep my figure

but huny, I posted a thread about Pregnancy Yoga it made me feel muuuuch better and energetic and less hormonal and more like I am toning up around my pregnancy :) Try it out! Ive also posted a Youtube video to try there!

Hi ladies!

Oh Gosh yes! It looks like I have been overdoing junk food! I want a clear bump and to keep my figure

but huny, I posted a thread about Pregnancy Yoga it made me feel muuuuch better and energetic and less hormonal and more like I am toning up around my pregnancy :) Try it out! Ive also posted a Youtube video to try there!

my sister in law got me into pregnancy yoga, too! it's a perfect thing to keep you limber & feeling good throughout the pregnancy. In the USA they have pregnancy yoga classes- I am sure they have them where you are too. But, we can't afford those right now so I just bought a DVD with them and try to do it every morning... takes it week by week through the pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->