February 2013 Love Bugs

Congratulations AP, she is beautiful :cloud9:

Not long now Smiley! Good luck hun, can't wait to hear your update :happydance:

Baby Bennet Julietta born on February 23rd at 3:30am - 7lbs 13oz, 21inches ! :cloud9:

So I went to the hospital for my induction at 9am. Turns out I was contracting regularly on my own already! They didn't have a bed ready for me until four, at which point I was contracting every 4 minutes, but they weren't painful. Well, that changed once they inserted a balloon catheter, as I wasn't dilating at all on my own. Contractions were immediately INTENSE and only 2-3 minutes apart. It took about 3 hours for the catheter to fall out, at which point I was 4cm dilated.
I ended up taking morphine during this phase and it helped immensely, but the contractions were still quite unbearable. The thing I found about the catheter is that even during your "rest periods" you're still in a LOT of pain because the catheter is constantly just up there irritating your cervix.

Afterwards, they started me on pitocin. I was a bit more comfortable now that the catheter was out, but the contractions were still extremely painful. I had to be on an IV after the morphine so I couldn't move about as freely as I wanted to and I wasn't handling the pain very well at all.

At this point, it started to get scary - the baby's heart rate was severely decelerating with every contraction. The doctors were 'keeping their eye on her' but after 6 hours on pitocin I had only progressed one more centimeter - so to 5 cm - and my waters (which had broken after the catheter and were clear) now were green with meconium. Baby was still not handling the contractions well at all and it seemed to be getting worse. The Doctors then asked me if I wanted to wait a couple more hours and see if I progressed any further or if I wanted to go ahead with a section. I was extremely scared for my baby at this point. With every contraction all I could focus on was listening to her slow heart beat and waiting for it to pick back up again. I was SO terrified that one time it was just not going to come back. I was in tears, and decided that I didn't want to put my baby through any more and went ahead with the section.

So, my little miss came out strong with Apgar scores of 9. It turned out that the cord was around her neck, and because the doctor's were thinking that the reason for the deceleration was cord compression, they figured that perhaps with the cord around her neck, every contraction was causing something in that area to pull and compress.

So thankful that my baby girl is now here safe and sound.

https://i51.tinypic.com/9i5oqf.jpg

Huge congratulations! Bennet is beautiful :cloud9: :hugs:

Elsie Alixandra Marie was born February 25th at 6:37pm

Sorry, "my techie" husband apparently doesnt know how to work Facebook LOL. He apparently posted it last night with photos but yeah..... lol

Smiley and becca and everyone else I hope your holding your girls too.

Yay congratulations!!!!

:hugs: Becca, I hope they bring it forward for you.

My official announcement (sorry it is late :blush:)

Elodie Eva arrived at 10.46pm on 23/2/13 weighing 7lb 7 1/4 oz.

I am so happy with how everything went after my horrible first birth. Established labour was 2 hours and she arrived in 5 pushes :flower:

Piccies...

Just born

https://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q158/lissylops1/P3310165_zpsd3afbfe1.jpg​

Day 1

https://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q158/lissylops1/1dayold_zps968f2b0b.jpg​

Home with her sister on Day 2

https://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q158/lissylops1/Thegirls_zpscfbe42a0.jpg​

Aww huge congratulations:hugs: What beautiful piccies :cloud9:

Smiley hoping everything is going ok!!

Becca I hope your consultant can bring it round sooner for you and sorry about your pain :hugs:

Ap- pictures are beautiful! Was your first birth not good? Mine wasn't good and I'm just hoping my 2nd won't go the same way. I need forceps and surgery afterwards. Love the name. Not heard it before where is it from?

Smiler- good luck :)

Becca- good luck :)

Hugs to all. Xxx

Lindy - my first birth was a 36 hour labour and forceps delivery. It was quite traumatic.

Please if possible make sure, in a few months when you feel ready, you talk through your notes about what happened to you. I didn't really deal with Ivy's birth and took so much fear with me into this time.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Are you getting fed up now, Munchkin?

Thanks for all the good lucks ladies, hopefully they'll say yes and I'll have my baby by the weekend <3.
xoxox

Congrats Newt!! I love the name!

Good luck today Smiley:flower: Not long now!

AP the name is lovely for a beautiful girl!

Hope you can get it moved up Becca - I felt the same way - really torn about deciding to induce because of my pupps but it was so worth not being miserable anymore!:flower:

Hang in there munchkin!

Congratulations Newt!!!

AP - Beautiful pictures. Thanks for posting them. Your girlies look so cute together!!!

Smiley- good luck, hun, thinking about you. Can't wait for your update!

Becca-so sorry you're in so much pain. Good luck getting it moved up.

:hugs: everyone

Miss a and AP, beautiful photos!

So we are waiting on munchkin and Becca- your doing really well ladies xx

Come on baby smiley x

No real news here, only got my pessary at 7.30pm :growlmad: They have had loads of emergencies and stuff so cant be helped but they have given me a pessary now an Im just waiting to get off the monitor so I can go for a walk!

They have given me Propess which means Im not given anything else for 24hrs now! With LO I had Prostin so it was every 6hours! Just hope this works!

I had the propess first but it did nothing for me- it's supposed to allow for a more natural labour, when I read up about it lots of people went into labour with it :hugs:

Propess didn't work for me but I also read 80% people it does!! But I needed propess and 2 prostins!!

Hope the Propess works for you Smiley! Not long now and you will have your baby boy in your arms!

Good luck Munchkin and Becca--your babies will be super special as the only March little ones in our group! :)

well ladies i go back to the dr tmw for a cervix check, monitor check, sono for fluid levels and growth and if she isnt here by sunday im scheduled for an induction at the hospital at 5pm that night so at least there is an end in site!
i cant believe she is most likely going to be a march baby.....she just wanted to share the month with her mommy, maybe she will come on friday on my bday
!!! still feeling pretty good...but a bit frustrated at this point but happy there is a plan in place if she doesnt come on her own so that makes me feel better. SMILEY AND BECCA WE NEED THESE BABIES OUT ASAP!
!!

My Little girl Sabell was born Saturday 23rd.
She's the best baby ever and my birth was quick ( 20 min active labor)
https://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj506/isobel84/AE573D31-7033-42B3-98B8-F3E4EF521860-1627-0000022AC9A191AD.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->