February 2014 Due Dates

Aww congrats you are so lucky! By gosh am I getting fed up seems to be taking forever.

My midwife recommended using my breast pump to stimulate contractions!!! I think that and sex reall helped!! I was 80% and 3.5cm Monday.. Pumped Monday and Tuesday as well as had sex and my water broke 12:30 Wednesday morning!!!

I've been DTD as often as I can manage even twice a day sometimes my bf thinks it's great!! Lol don't have a breast pump but I've been trying to do it by hand it does cause contractions but they always stop when I stop doing it. Even the sex does nothing I actually find it stops my BHs!?! What the. Guess my baby is happy staying put.

I just wanted to give a quick update. Our beautiful daughter was born February 6th at 2:21 pm after about 7 hours of induced labor and a quick 30 minutes of pushing. She was 8 lbs 6 oz and 19.5 inches. We are recovering nicely.

Attachments

• birth_announcement_small.jpg
    birth_announcement_small.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1
I just wanted to give a quick update. Our beautiful daughter was born February 6th at 2:21 pm after about 7 hours of induced labor and a quick 30 minutes of pushing. She was 8 lbs 6 oz and 19.5 inches. We are recovering nicely.

Congrats! She's beautiful

Congrats ladies!

Batman, I am so sorry that baby is taking his time. I hope he comes soon!

Midwife app in the morning hopefully I'll hear some kind of goodnews

Any good news Batman? :)

Nope still no baby had a sweep done yesterday cervix was still long but she managed to get two fingers in. Don't think anything is happening though.

Nope still no baby had a sweep done yesterday cervix was still long but she managed to get two fingers in. Don't think anything is happening though.

aww the sweeps did nothing for me as well. I was completely unattached after the first sweep and she "stirred things up" two more times. Still, nothing!
Have you tried pumping? I really think that's what finally helped me and caused my water to break! my midwife is the one that told me to try it so I trust her in knowing that it's safe. (not recommended if you have gestational hypertension, GD, Pre-e or other complications) but if you have a healthy and normal pregnancy it may be worth a try! I pumped for an hour.. alternating sides every 15 minutes. If I noticed any painful or super long contractions (only had one like that) i would stop the pump until the contraction stopped then wait about 5 min before resuming pumping. I did a lot of research on it and there are so many different pumping methods to induce labor. The first day i did it i had constant contractions until i fell asleep. I pumped again the next day and had contractions during pumping but they stopped when i stopped pumping. DH and I DTD that night and my water broke at 12:30am! DH thinks it was sex that did it but we had been doing it without it helping me progress so I think it was the pumping. If you don't have a pump you could try nipple stimulation with your hands.

I hope something works soon so you can avoid an induction!! Sending you lots of contraction thoughts!!!!

Just wanted to update. Had my gorgeous son on 10/02/14 8lb 12oz 50 cm 2 hour labour 6 minutes pushing!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->