February 2014 Due Dates

Ladies, I dont know if this works for everyone, but I am a worrier. If I'm worried, say like today about when I should feel LO move because I feel it often, then I look it up online and LO moves to reassure me that everything is ok. If you can avoid looking anything up though, I would. There is more out there that will scare you than will reassure you.

Scan in 3 days! I'm getting nervous. I've picked out girls names I think I've gotten my hopes up a bit.

Hope your baby is healthy and that you have what you want, but I would pick out at least one boys name too. This girl in my prenatal class said she is having a boy, but until 30 weeks it was a girl so.... I'm hoping that doesn't happen to anyone on here.

Here's to a H&H 4.5 months left to go! :wine: (it is the only wine we can have until after LO arrives)

Coz I remember the feeling from my last two pregnancies.

Batman909: Congrats on the little boy!

I only know five of the Feb babies' genders, but so far the boys are in the lead. Let me know what you are having and I will add a little stork by your name on the first page.

Hey ladies, I need somewhere to vent. I won't be hurt if you just ignore this.

My dh received a small bonus and he and I decided to go away for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We wanted some alone time since his sister and her hubby live with us. Anyway, I checked the weather, and the website said that the storm brewing in the gulf had a good chance of NOT becoming anything worth mentioning. Well here we are, in florida, and it is TS Karen.... If that wasn't bad enough, I don't usually tell my family when/where we just pick up and go because they don't EVER approve of vacations, mini or not. We are only 300 miles from home and we are staying at good hotels that are only charging us about 60 a night. We aren't out spending much and the nursery furniture is already bought, I don't intend on purchasing formula because I plan on breastfeeding, but I do have two containers at home, just in case. This is what my family is screaming about and its really got me upset. We are cutting our Babymoon short by two days because of the storm, and this is what I'm having to hear about. The funny thing is my in-laws are perfectly ok with it, understand, and were happy that we were spending some alone time together.

Thank you for letting me rant.
-fin

Batman: Congrats on the boy!!!!! :happydance:

animekoneko: I am SO sorry that your baby moon turned into all this!!! :( I would try to ignore your family.. I'm sorry but a pregnant woman needs a break! Especially before the baby comes! Is there a way you guys can stay and try to make the best of the vacation? Maybe go see some movies, go on dinner dates, and just relax? Maybe some extra quality time? ;) You deserve to enjoy some time away! If possible, I'd turn my phone off and just enjoy some quiet time away. Especially if you already have the big things bought for the baby!

AFM: I have been pretty MIA from B&B for a little while. Life has been busy!
We had our anatomy scan yesterday and baby boy looks just perfect!!! He is measuring about 12oz!! All measurements came back normal. I was nervous for the nuchal fold measurement since I decided not to do the blood work that shows the risk of certain chromosomal abnormalities. It came back 4.2mm! From what I read, under 6mm is low risk! YAY!!! :happydance: I can't believe I am over 20 weeks!
I still get daily braxton hicks, so the progesterone injections haven't stopped them but hopefully they will still help me make it to term!
The ultrasound tech at our gender scan said I have an anterior placenta, which I knew because I felt this little guy move later than DD! However, just three weeks later at our anatomy scan she said it's posterior.. I don't believe it! I feel baby boy a lot but it's still faint and super low down. But, who knows.. all that matters is he's healthy!!!!

Oh, for me I knew they were hiccups (haven't felt them this pregnancy yet) because it was a repetitive twitching motion that the baby was making. It would last any where from a few minutes to 20 minutes! Such a cute feeling :)

Thank you akblaze. I needed to hear/read someone else's perspective. We have to go back early due to Tropical Storm Karen (will be H1 Karen tomorrow).

I did finally feel hiccups a few days ago and I kept thinking 'this is weird gas' (because it was very faint) until it happened for the fifth time, then I realized that it was her hiccups.

You deserve a holiday don't let anyone get u down about it.

You are welcome!!! I just think it's a shame when family tries to be a downer during this wonderful time for us!! I hope you get to enjoy at least some time away!!! We finally got news about TS Karen, we're up in Alaska so we don't get news that far away until it gets really serious! I don't blame you guys for going back early. If you guys are driving maybe you can just take your time driving back home, take some nice detours?

That's wonderful you felt hiccups! :) It's such a lovely feeling!! :flower:

Savannah is very active right now. And I finally felt her kick with my hand!!!! She won't do it if anyone else puts their hand on my tummy though... :):( My poor hubby

Just checking in! How is everyone? I'm good but LO is breech. We still have plenty of time, but I thought I might share with you. I was listening to Beethoven and she started moving towards the music, so now I have the music playing low in my lap. I'm hoping this gets her in the right position. Hope everyone is good and Merry Christmas!!!

I hope baby turns soon! From my baby apps it says there is still room for them to twist and turn so maybe she will just be a late turner! :) Baby boy has been head down at every visit, always has his face snuggled into my hip bone (same place DD always was at ultrasounds too!) Must be a cozy spot! :haha: I am glad to see you are doing well though!! I will have to try the Beethoven. DD loves to blow raspberries on my belly which gets her little brother bouncing around like crazy, it's so funny.
I am doing okay, I am 1.5cm dilated but my last scan showed that my cervix went from 2.4 to 2.6cm! I am going weekly now since DD was a preemie and I was admitted at 32 weeks with her. As I get closer to that date with this pregnancy, I feel as though I am walking on egg shells. They had me on bed rest for a few weeks but since that didn't lessen my contractions at all she said it's not worth the stress of me being on bed rest with a toddler so now I just have to take it easy. I only have 4 more weeks of progesterone injections as well, I am hoping those do their job and I won't dilate much more until I am done with those and closer to full term! *fingers crossed!* I can't believe we are this close to meeting our LO's!!! :cloud9:

I had a strange feeling today. It felt like LO is squirming around under my ribs. Anyone else felt this? It was almost as strange as being able to identify a body part rolling across my belly. Oh, and I almost forgot. LO will be transverse while I sleep, head down early in the day, and breech later until bed. She moves around a lot, and in this rotating pattern.

animekoneko, I have not felt that! However, little man is riding so low (since 29 weeks when he dropped) so I don't think I'll get any rib action! Kind of happy about that, he's a big boy and I really don't want any kicks to the ribs! That's so funny that she moves around like that!

afm:
as of yesterday I am 2cm and 70% effaced.
I wasn't happy with that but the midwife said she is happy (since I was 6cm and already admitted with DD at this point) and she already expects me to deliver early but I'm really hoping to make it to 36 weeks at least!!!
I can't believe we are all so close to meeting our LO's!
The craziness of going from a family with a toddler to a family with a toddler and a baby will soon begin!!! :haha:

Yes I'm getting excited to. I did baby washing yesterday it was all so tiny and smelled like new baby aww I got so excited I started leaking milk when I was folding it. Not long now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->