February 2014 thread for new mums :)

Nikki - sorry to hear about the allergy. I know what a pain they can be and how much hard work they are to get diagnosed in babies.

I do sometimes wonder what happened to my tiny little baby now he's up cursing along the furniture. I jokingly said when he first started crawling that he would be walking before his brother even started crawling and given that he still has 6 weeks to go I think he will make it! Isaac has just started an "I will only eat if I can feed my self campaign" and happily feeds himself either finger foods or using a spoon.

I went back to work part time in June and then full time in September. I think the best way to be happy about going back to work is to be totally happy about your Childcare, whatever you choose. I 100% trust the nursery both my sons attend. The facilities and staff are amazing. Their philosophy is great. They don't warp them up in cotton wool, they let them explore, they even have a paddock with a rope swing hanging from a tree. They give them opportunities to do things I can't do with them (and really don't want to do with them, like cold spaghetti sensory play)

I know I tend to be in the minority as I have a choice about going back to work either full time, part time or not at all but I know working makes me happier and a happy mummy is worth everything to her kids.

Kay I don't think I'd be a very good totally stay and home mum either ! I think having a balance is the right thing for me . It will be hard leaving Sean initially but I'm sure ill quickly get back into a new routine . I'm begining to enjoy day time tv so its definetly time to get back out there lol.....

Your LO sounds like he is flying it !!! Very clever boy !

it's really reassuring to hear so many of you are already back in work / contemplating going back to work soon too.

I have a job interview on Monday, I'm having to fly back to the UK for it so my mum will be babysitting Skye for 2 days whilst I'm away. The longest I've been away from her and it scares me silly...but I'm also so excited to be doing this for me! I'm so excited at the thought of earning my own money again, wearing professional clothes, and having conversations that don't centre around weaning and dirty nappies. Being at home all day with Skye is wonderful, but I feel that I'm getting so dull and like many of you say, need some time to be me again. Will let you all know how it goes!

In other news, my period did turn up...a week and half late! Talk about panic stations! However I guess it was just my body getting back to normal...phew! :haha:

Candy Goodluck with the job interview I'm excited for you :) being back all of two weeks now isn't so bad , think ill like a balance . Having Wednesday off is wonderful and its all for me and baby :) no cleaning that the rule lol....

Just to let you know ladies, I got that job! So, OH EM GEE I'm back to work full time in jan!! :wacko:

Candy that wonderful news :) oooh exciting . I'm actually loving the balance :) keep us posted

Hi, not been on here for a while so thought I would do a quick update. I've been back at work a few weeks now so have been learning hiw to balance working with looking after William but think I'm getting there now, it's been hard though as both me and William have been unwell the last 2 weeks. William has started on his special formula just over a week ago and it has made a world of difference, he is np longer being sick and suffering with what looked like very painful gass so what I have suspected as being a milk allergy all along was right...

How are you and your little ones all getting along?

Hi everyone :) happy new y.ear to you all . Would love to hear how all our February babies are doing , and of course their mums :)

Sean is now 10 months 44 weeks lol. He is the best part of every day . He is crawling at speed, pulling himself up on anything he can. He eats rings around him and loves his food !! He is a great sleeper and goes down between 6.30-7 and sleeps through most nights till 5.30-6 . He has 8 teeth four bottom four top. He loves to be busy and will tell you when he is bored !! He can say mam and dad but not sure he knows what they mean . Hates getting his face washed and loves being upside down . He loves laughing and loves a joke !

I'm doing ok but have been diagnosed with post pateum thyroiditis . I've lost alot of weight without trying which prompted the trip to the doc . Its put a halt to ttc again until its sorted. I'm back to work 4 days per week .

Would love to hear from you all
Here is a pic of Sean last night lol.. All dressed for te celebrations ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1
Happy new year to you all.

Time is just flying by! Isaac is 1 in just 5 weeks! I need to give his birthday some serious thought!

Isaac cruises all over the place, over the last couple of weeks we have had a few instances of a couple of solo steps so walking will not be that far off now. He's a little monster into every cupboard and my Christmas tree was completely bear at his height (I gave up putting the decs back).

He adores his brother, they will just roll all over the floor together giggling. Anything Adam shows him he has to copy and loves our cats. He says dad, mum and Ada (Adam). Loves food, if you are eating, he has to be eating.

I'm just starting a new get fit and healthy eating thing as I've just kept on putting on weight since having isaac.

These are my boys from a few weeks ago

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1
So cute :) I love the fact he loves his big brother . Want all the details re birthday celebrations

Hi :) can't believe I'm saying this but any first birthday photos to share ? Think it would be a lovely way to end a thread :)

We are having Tyler's first birthday party on the 22nd! I will definitely pop back in with a few photos of it! We are doing a giraffe themed party. :happydance:

Sean's is also on that day , having an old fashioned tea party :) can't quite believe they are 1 !! Where did that time go !!!

My son was born 20 minutes after yours. <3
It's hard to believe that so much time has passed. Everytime he moves up a clothing size, I interrogate him about how he could possibly grow so much without me noticing.

Posting a couple of Tyler's Birthday pictures!

Attachments

• bb1.jpg
    bb1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2
  • bb2.jpg
    bb2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 2
  • bb3.jpg
    bb3.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 2
Long time no see! L isn't quite one yet but we've been to a few birthday parties already. I can't believe how fast this year has gone.

I sobbed last night looking at his old photos. Haha. It went by so fast.

Me too , feeling very sentimental :(
My birthday boy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member