February 2014 thread for new mums :)

I've also been off the grid for a while. I went back to work full time on Monday. I love my job but I miss Isaac. He's loving nursery which is great.

He is just bouncing from learning one skill to another. His latest one is getting from sitting to crawling without planting his face in the floor. He loves being the centre of everything. His christening was a couple of weeks ago and he just loved that everyone wanted to cuddle/talk/feed/change nappy/play with him.

Hi its great to hear from everyone :) I hope we keep this going until their first birthdays :) wow Kay Isaac is flying it !! How was going back to work ? I'm back in 4 weeks same day as nicki . I've very mixed feelings about it .
Found a lovely recipe today for butternut , red lentil and potato mash ! Sean loved it !! Its so hard to think of different dinners !! Sean is about to turn into a sweet potato!!!

Sounds similar William loves the lovely lentil, 1 thing he was guaranteed to eat when his teeth were bothering him

Hi its great to hear from everyone :) I hope we keep this going until their first birthdays :) wow Kay Isaac is flying it !! How was going back to work ? I'm back in 4 weeks same day as nicki . I've very mixed feelings about it .
Found a lovely recipe today for butternut , red lentil and potato mash ! Sean loved it !! Its so hard to think of different dinners !! Sean is about to turn into a sweet potato!!!

I've been through it all before so I knew what to expect. I got promoted just before I went on maternity leave so it's nice to get into my new role properly. I think it really helps that I love the nursery my kids attend. The staff in the baby room Isaac is in had Adam when he was a baby so I know how good they are and how much Adam adored them and Isaac loves it as well. They showed me a photo they still have of Adam and wanted to recreate it with the same outfit as they look so alike.

Well I work in a nursery so I knoe babies always settle eventually and normally have a great time and it's normally the parents who are more upset, this however does not make it any easier as I'm worried about how much I will miss working 4 days a week. Like am I going to miss his first steps, his first word ect

That's exactly it , today he made a new sound with his jibbrish !! I will miss so much !

Tyler's first two teeth are soooo close to popping through. I can feel them. He is crawling at the speed of light it seems. As soon as I turn around, he is across the room and chewing on something he shouldn't. :rofl:

He is also attempting to pull himself up on the furniture.

I am more in love with him every day <3
Luckily, I get to be a stay at home mommy so I won't have to miss him.

Attachments

• tyler.jpg
    tyler.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 3
  • tyler2.jpg
    tyler2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2
  • tyler3.jpg
    tyler3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1
William is so close to crawling, he knows where he wants to be he's just not sure how to get there and It's getting him all frustrated.

Well had an appt today for allergy testing after William had a reaction around his mouth, turns out he's allergic to eggs, poor little thing...

He just had a rash around his mouth then later had a very sloppy nappy. The drs at th allergy clinic seem to think he may also have an allergy to milk which has been causing his reflux she also said that most gps are very poorly educated about reflux and allergy to milk being related, thag just speeks volumes for the nhs if thats how it trains it's drs

Ye and if the drs had picked up on it I maybe could have continued breast feeding instead of having to swap to formula

hi ladies, how are we all? all our tiny wee february mites must be getting so big! my wee newborn is a distant memory and everyday skye looks more and more like a toddler :)
we are now eating three meals a day, and so far no issues with allergies or dislikes. real favs have been irish stew, spaghetti bolognaise, pears and strawberries. she is crawling well and trying to pull herself up, and two teeth have broken through after months of sore gums and red cheeks :) love her so much!
anyway I have a couple of qns, out of interest who is back at work now/going back soon? I'm going back full time in jan so starting to feel a bit nervous! this time with skye has gone so quick!
any my other qn is about periods (sorry!) I bf skye until 7 months, had one proper period last month and nothing this month...is this normal?? we haven't had unprotected sex so it would be a real case of bad luck if I was pregnant (really, really not reafy for baby no2 yet!) but just wondering if I'm stressing over nothing?what was everyone elses experience of returning to normal cycles?

Hi candy :) I'm back in work 4 days a week from this Thursday :( ..... Oh works nights so Sean will be with him for the four days so not too bad but I'm dreading it !! Needs must though !

I EBF for 5 months but got a period ( well if you could call it that lasted 1.5 days ) on month 4 ... Then I got nothing till 2 months later I had introduced bottles during the days , that AF lasted 42 days my regular cycle 28 days and last 2 AF have been 28 days so guessing I, back on track . You might get one and then none for ages so don't worry !! I'm ttc # now !! Just about to ov so the Tww is looming ...... Wish me luck ;)

Oooh little niki your due back Thursday too ?? How you feeling ? The closer it get the more I'm dreading it !

I'm very anxious about going back since I have to work 4 days and I only wanted to do 3 days so really dreading thursday. However I am getting the end of November and most of December off tp use up my holidays.

I stopped breast feeding at about 5.5 months old and when it got to 2 1/2 months and still nothing I went to the docs to get checked out as I had a prob gettiny cycle back after the pill, it turns out I'm anaemic and possibly have been since I gave birth. Since starting tablets a bit over a week ago I habe been spotting but still no full flow yet

My son will be 8 months on Friday, my body just likes to be slow with these things I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->