February 2014 thread for new mums :)

Left wonderin

Not sure lol
Reaction score
Hi all :happydance: I am the proud mum of a 10 day old little boy . I am just wondering if there are any other new mums of babies born in February that would like to join me on this wonderful journey ( if yours first time mum its a venture into the unknown like me :)

I'd love some company , I'm Regina by the way and my LO is called Sean . I am breast feeding and very proud to say its going well so far . Sean arrived 10 days late following an emergency c section . That now is a distant memory and I would do it all again 10 times over :cloud9:

LIST OF MUMS AND LO,S

LEFT WONDERIN @ REGINA LO SEAN DOB 22/02
HAPPY HOME @ GEMMA LO JESSICA DOB 10/02
BABYWANTED1@ Hannah LO RUFUS DOB 12/02
CANDYCRUSH@RACHEL LO SKYE DOB 1/02
KSILME@KIMBERELY LO ZOE DOB 14/02
LITTLE NICKI @LO WILLIAM DOB 03/02
WISHYOUWERE HERE @HOLLY LOFLORENCE DOB 26/02

Thanks for doing this left wonderin!

My name is Hannah and my little boy Rufus arrived just over three weeks ago. Here's the link to my birth story which has a few pics. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...5705-happy-hospital-birth-our-little-man.html

Rufus arrived after a long 6 year TTC journey, he was our little surprise whilst we were undergoing initial stages of fertility clinic. He is also our rainbow after losing our first little bean at six weeks.

I am also breastfeeding and so far so good. Rufus was born at 8lbs 2 and at 3 week weigh in yesterday was already 9lbs 7!!

Main issues so far are that I have a blocked duct on left boob which is making feeding from that side agony. But also our little man is suffering from his first cold and is very blocked up. He manages well during the day but is struggling with the mucus at night and overnight is projectile vomiting after his feeds (nice at 3am!) he's a very brave little boy though and is letting me squirt the saline spray into his nose with barely any fuss.

Loving being a mummy so far and looking forward to sharing this journey with you all :flower:

Hi there :hi: i'm holly and my daughter florence was born at home on 26th feb 2014 (her due date!) Weighing 6lb 15oz. She's my second, my older daughter isabelle is 4 so it's a bit mad going back to the newborn stage again now!

We're breastfeeding too and i've been having problems with pain on my left side when i'm feeding. How did you know it was a blocked duct hannah? I've spoken to a peer supporter on the phone but thinking i might have to go into the bf clinic next week for some help. (Bfing my older daughter was so easy by comparison!)

Hi, Im Nikki and have a little boy William born on 3rd Feb (2 weeks late after being induced and needing forceps, ouch!) at 9lb 4oz and at his 3 week weigh in he was already 10lb 12oz. I am also breastfeeding and its going well after getting over mild mastitis which was agony.

Hi ladies.
Thanks for setting this up for us. Maybe you could edit the first post to include some details about us like Baby name, birth weight, DOB or something.

Jessica was born on the 10th, 3 weeks early. She wasnt hanging about with a total labour/delivery of 1hr26mins. She weighed 5lb10oz.
She is my fourth daughter and I also am step-mum to a boy and girl too. We're a nutty family of 8!
My 2 year old is the biggest handful right now, Jessica is pretty much carried all the time. Its really draining, but it doesnt last forever so I'm trying not to stress too much.

Hi I am Kimberly, my little girl Zoey was born on valentines day weighing a surprisingly modest 7lb 13oz - we had a few issues with breastfeeding too, and I was panicking she wasn't getting enough milk etc, but at 5 day's she was 8lb 8oz, 10 day's she was 8 12 and 12 days 8 15 :) getting her weighed again today :) I can't wait :) she is perfect and we are so in love with her :)

hi I'm Rachel and my beautiful baby girl Skye was born on the 1st Feb at 14.47pm weighing 7lb 4oz, 2 days after her due date.
I am a first time mum, so each day is a learning curve, but loving every second. I am currently combi feeding, majority breastfeeding but some formula top ups. Skye is now 8lb 5oz so doing v. well, we love her so much already xxx

a picture of me and my princess, couldn't resist showing her off to you al

Attachments

• IMG_242037557177084-1.jpg
    IMG_242037557177084-1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2
Wishuwerehere (holly) - was your HB a planned one? I had Jessica at home, unplanned though I did ask for a HB during my pregnancy but due to a EMCS in 2001 I wasnt supported in that. But as it was a quick labour I wasnt going anywhere and I am so pleased I got a HB

Reading all these posts make my baby seem huge in comparason especially for a first baby.

I want to post a pic but cant work out how to do it from my mobile

Hi there :hi: i'm holly and my daughter florence was born at home on 26th feb 2014 (her due date!) Weighing 6lb 15oz. She's my second, my older daughter isabelle is 4 so it's a bit mad going back to the newborn stage again now!

We're breastfeeding too and i've been having problems with pain on my left side when i'm feeding. How did you know it was a blocked duct hannah? I've spoken to a peer supporter on the phone but thinking i might have to go into the bf clinic next week for some help. (Bfing my older daughter was so easy by comparison!)

I've got a line of pain from my armpit through to my nipple and it's lumpy along there when I feel it. A hot water bottle On it has helped and lots of feeding to drain it. Yesterday it was absolute agony but today it's gone to a 'nice' pain iykwim, it hurts still but I can feel it draining and that feels good! The health visitor wasn't sure if it was thrush but my nipples are fine and Rufus' mouth is clear. Hope you get it sorted soon :hugs:

Hello to all the other mummies :wave:

Thought I'd share a picture too. This is Jessica :kiss: 3 weeks and 2 days old

Attachments

• Jessica at 3 weeks old (march 5th).jpg
    Jessica at 3 weeks old (march 5th).jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 3
This was Rufus yesterday morning. I left him sound asleep to go and make my breakfast and got back to this - he didn't seem impressed that he woke up and no one was there :rofl:
https://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b585/hmn81/Mobile%20Uploads/1BEB6140-D606-4126-BF7B-AFB46277BD0E_zpszpso0qhw.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->