February 2015 Rainbows

Saavy, congratulations! Twins is so exciting. I've wanted twins myself, but my hubby is a one at a time guy, and that seems to be our luck. Yay on the babies!

Venus, my nausea has started to be intermittent as well. I thought I was clear of it and then ended up awake until 12 am with a rather enthusiastic come back. It's probably going to come back. And I've never been prone to ms either except with my mmc. And despite that, this pregnancy is turning out healthy. FX for you. Don't lose hope, yet.

Confuzion the exhaustion, sore bbs, and food aversion are pretty standard for me. The nausea isn't. Your current symptoms sound like my two healthy pregnancies.

Savvy CONGRATS!!! :oneofeach: !!! I'll have to go back and stalk your symptoms (can't remember if you posted any) because I've had twins on my mind like crazy! How exciting!!

Congrats on 2 beautiful babies Savvy!!! How exciting :-D

Congrats and welcome to the new ladies! I know you're terrified of something going wrong but everybody here is. You're in the right place. We were TTC for two years before getting pregnant with DS but the thought of actually miscarrying has never crossed my mind. But after the miscarriage last month, I'm jumping at shadows... I was very nauseous for the past two days but today it seems relatively fine so far. It's still morning so I'm hoping it hits me soon :winkwink:.

Massive congrats on the twins savvy! Awesome! It will be tough but so rewarding raising them.

Congrats savvy. I heard twins are more likly after a recent loss so who knows we might get some more here before long

Thanks girls, I am definitely still shocked at the news. It gives me new things to worry about on top of a m/c. I am keeping positive and knowing that everything will be alright.

Zombie, not really any different symptoms then I have seen listed here. I will say I got my bfp on a ic back at 9dpo, it was faint. I used a frer at 10dpo and the test line came up within a minute and was pretty dark. I have a short LP (9 days) so I wasn't even going to test except for the fact that I felt terrible. Super tired, headache, sore bbs and constant dull heartburn. Those same symptoms are still present at 7 weeks. I had a feeling a few times that it might be twins but I thought that was because I always wanted twins. Good luck to you, do you have an ultrasound scheduled?

Wow Savvy, twins! That's amazing! Congratulations!

Sorry I haven't had much to add to the board in the last few days, I'm just trying my best to make the time go by until my scan on Tuesday! As for symptoms, the nausea has arrived for me. I've not thrown up but it's like some of the others have said, just a gross queasiness that starts strong in the morning and then kind of waves on and off throughout the day. My bbs were fine for a while but this morning the soreness came back with a vengeance! I went to roll over and suddenly my chest caught on fire lol.

I'm so glad to see so many of us still here navigating the first tri, and several newcomers joining us. This is a great thread! I usually just lurk forums but have been happy to post here and keep up with everyone's progress. Welcome to all that have joined in the last day or two!

I may have a new symptom iHAVE TO HAVE POP TARTS like now or I will go mad

Thanks girls, I am definitely still shocked at the news. It gives me new things to worry about on top of a m/c. I am keeping positive and knowing that everything will be alright.

Zombie, not really any different symptoms then I have seen listed here. I will say I got my bfp on a ic back at 9dpo, it was faint. I used a frer at 10dpo and the test line came up within a minute and was pretty dark. I have a short LP (9 days) so I wasn't even going to test except for the fact that I felt terrible. Super tired, headache, sore bbs and constant dull heartburn. Those same symptoms are still present at 7 weeks. I had a feeling a few times that it might be twins but I thought that was because I always wanted twins. Good luck to you, do you have an ultrasound scheduled?

No ultrasound scheduled :( I have an appointment on Tuesday, but that'll just be to confirm pregnancy (via urine test) and filling out paperwork. Then I have another appointment the following Monday with the doctor to check my weight and blood pressure. They don't do any blood work until like end of second/beginning of third trimester and my first ultrasound most likely won't be until sometime in August when I'm around 12 weeks (which angers me because they know I'm high risk). When I got pregnant with DS they brought me in for an ultrasound at 6 weeks to check for viability, so I thought for sure they would do the same thing this time around :shrug:

Congrats Savvy!!!! How exciting!! Especially since you have always wanted twins! I am quite happy with my single bean and can't wait to see him/her again in a few weeks.

Congrats on the twins savvy saver.

Pregnancy symptoms are a bitch, either there's too many or they play tricks on us by stopping for a while, all part of the major headf*ck that is PAL ladies :dohh:

Went to see my nice local GP today.

He was very sympathetic, genuinely sorry about the mc and that he was away on holiday at the time, apologised for the shitty to non existent care I got, says everyone complains about the Glasgow EPAU. Whilst I was there he tried phoning the EPAU to book me in urgently, but they don't pick up the phone.

So I have the number myself and need to keep calling and calling it myself.

It just rings out not even a voicemail :wacko: to tell me it's the right number.

Hi NorthStar, don't know which hospital you're at but, if it's Princess Royal a quick Google (I'm bored, what can I say?!) revealed a poster on another site recommended ringing 0141 211 5323 instead of 0141 211 5317 (but don't blame me if you get through to the kitchens or something!!)

Tried our EPAU today and, whilst the woman was very nice about it, she did say they only offer reassurance scans if you've had two or more losses but to call if I had any problems. I'm not upset that they don't do it, I guess there's no medical need so I'll look into a private scan instead.

Hi ladies, My lovely husband just took me out to dinner and afterwards we decided to walk around the shops. During the walk i started to get terrible back pain on my left side and some strange cervix type pains..

Im so scared. :( does any of this sound normal..I had spent the day at work (my job is physical) could it just be my body telling me to slow down??

help Im in tears fearing the worst!

Hi ladies! We are on a long weekend at the beach so I am scarce as a result. Trying to relax but am super nauseous so it's not easy! :rofl:

Congrats on savvy to her twins!

Welcome to our new friends!

Hoping everyone is doing well. :)

MrsLemon I get on and off cervix pains too, especially if I am busy. Usually if I sit and relax they ease up a bit. I think it's all the changes happening in there!

No ultrasound scheduled :( I have an appointment on Tuesday, but that'll just be to confirm pregnancy (via urine test) and filling out paperwork. Then I have another appointment the following Monday with the doctor to check my weight and blood pressure. They don't do any blood work until like end of second/beginning of third trimester and my first ultrasound most likely won't be until sometime in August when I'm around 12 weeks (which angers me because they know I'm high risk). When I got pregnant with DS they brought me in for an ultrasound at 6 weeks to check for viability, so I thought for sure they would do the same thing this time around :shrug:

Zombie, I am sorry you have to wait so long for an ultrasound! I was shocked when they offered me one at 7 weeks. It was an RE and now they are passing me off to an OB. I don't know if I mentioned I saw an RE at the end of May and ended up getting my bfp the very next day...so no fertility tests/treatments. That might be why I ended up getting an early ultrasound. Maybe on Tuesday you could explain your concerns and see if you can get one a few weeks earlier?

Hi NorthStar, don't know which hospital you're at but, if it's Princess Royal a quick Google (I'm bored, what can I say?!) revealed a poster on another site recommended ringing 0141 211 5323 instead of 0141 211 5317 (but don't blame me if you get through to the kitchens or something!!)

Tried our EPAU today and, whilst the woman was very nice about it, she did say they only offer reassurance scans if you've had two or more losses but to call if I had any problems. I'm not upset that they don't do it, I guess there's no medical need so I'll look into a private scan instead.

Cheers Minibump, unfortunately I'm Southern General. I might have to drive there and physically track them down to make an appointment :dohh:

In the meantime I've found a place which will do a viability US for £39 in Glasgow, and they have a few clinics about the place so maybe try them? Nuffield charge £100 but then you get a consultant there. I don't know if these are good or bad, but £39 is worth it for peace of mind or knowing the worst IMO.

https://www.babyscanning.co.uk/clinic-maps

Oh, that's a shame! Both Glasgow EPAUs must be crap then because the same was being said about Princess Royal!

Thanks for the info. I'm trying our local BMI, there isn't a Nuffield close by. Found out that we can claim from hubby's health insurance for the cost too so that's a bonus! :thumbup:

Good luck with getting through! x

Zombie, I am sorry you have to wait so long for an ultrasound! I was shocked when they offered me one at 7 weeks. It was an RE and now they are passing me off to an OB. I don't know if I mentioned I saw an RE at the end of May and ended up getting my bfp the very next day...so no fertility tests/treatments. That might be why I ended up getting an early ultrasound. Maybe on Tuesday you could explain your concerns and see if you can get one a few weeks earlier?

I'm definitely going to ask, and if they say no then I'll look around for places that do private scans... just for peace of mind :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->