February 2018 - Valentines Babies!

I forgot to update here!
I had my baby January 31st at 10:40 pm -- during the Super Blue Blood Moon! :) 6 lbs 8 oz. I was 38+6 and had just gotten off of a 24 hour OB shift (where I caught 3 babies) when I went into labour at home, haha. They did not want to be a February baby after all!

I had an absolutely lovely home water birth surrounded by my wife and kids! Baby is doing really well at 4.5 weeks now and my wife and I are successfully co-nursing.

Is there a facebook group? My last February due date group from my 2nd created a secret one and we all still keep in contact.

edit: wantingagirl, I PMd you!

Congrats Feronia! It sounds like you had a lovely birth experience.

I hope things are going well wag.

Congratulations fer!!!
Kristie did wanting find you on Facebook? If not pm me and see if you can find me xx

I haven't been able to get on here for the past 3 weeks but on February 2nd at 12:51pm I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy weighing 7lbs 13oz and 22in long.
We didn't even chose any of the names we had in mind and the day he was born we decided his name is Dax. He's perfect and I'm so in love with him ❤
I hope everyone is doing well!

just busting in here to say a massive congratulations!!!!!!! so pleased ypur little man is here safe! big kisses xx

I've been in hospital with Alfie since Thursday. He got very poorly with suspected meningitis. He was so ill he was very close to getting transferred to icu in a children's hospital an hour away. Thankfully it didn't come to that! We are just waiting the rest of lumber puncture results and hopefully be home tomorrow. There is also a little prob with his heart he needs a scan for and may need surgery when he's 6 months old. Fair to say there has been a lot of tears and stress from me and him the last 5days!

Massive hugs Kirsty. I couldn't even imagine how scary that has been. I hope all his results come back good and you can go home soon.

Oh no Kirsty! I hope Alfie is improving, I'm so sorry to read this. Please let us know how he is getting on :hugs:

We got home and today. Sadly lumber puncture showed he has got viral meningitis. He got it through parechovirus basically a cold virus but it spread to his brain causing meningitis. He's doing so much better and thankfully because it's viral he doesn't need antibiotics anymore. If it was bacterial the whole family would of needed to go on antibiotics but if anyone was to catch it off him they would just get a cold. There is a chance if he gets the virus again he could get really ill again but he's hopefully made antibodies to it so shouldn't be as bad x

Oh jeez Kirsty what a nightmare! I'm so glad he is doing better and home xxx

I want in the Facebook group! If anyone is still hanging around here lol.

Congratulations to the rest of the ladies who gave birth since I was last on here. I can't believe Annemarie is going to be 3 months old soon!
Time has both stood still and flew by all at once.

Kirsty, I hope Alfie is all well now. Xx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->