February bfps??

Hi ladies! I have been having some serious pain in my bladder, and the last time they said it wasn't an infection at all and they think I just have an irritated bladder. Anyway kicked up again yesterday and was bad, but I still had some of the numbing pills they gave me before so I used those yesterday and I think today it's mostly cleared up. Beginning to suspect it's Soda. I rarely drink soda but in the last month, the two times I've had soda I've then had a reaction like this. :(

Otherwise, things are good. My next OB appointment is Aug3 and then I get to schedule my US for the gender! :D

Sorry to hear that Angel. I have to be careful with sugary drinks, when I have one especially if it's citrus based I end up feeling really sick and generally rubbish. I'm ok with Diet Coke, it's strange. I am looking forward to being able to have what I want again and not have to worry about feeling crappy!!

I am so exhausted at the moment and feeling really unappreciated at home. DH just doesn't understand what it's like, I'm trying to juggle work with keeping the house tidy and looking after a 3 year old. I feel like I'm not doing any of those things well and to make things worse DS is going through a really annoying stage at the moment of shouting 'mum!' At the top of his lungs every time he wants something and asking really rudely. It is driving me mad! I have zero patience at the moment. the weather is hot and sticky and it's really taking it out of me. It's making me worry about how I'm ever going to get anything done when I have 2 kids to look after and sleepless nights to deal with as well!!!

Hellooooooooooooooo!

Well, my sister had her baby two weeks ago tomorrow (Friday) Ivy Rae was born just before 7am weighing 7lb 1oz and she is sooo gorgeous, so that's my news really.

Angel, sorry to hear you've not been well, last thing you want on top of a pregnancy. Hope you're feeling better soon and that staying away from soda has helped. Exciting for your gender scan!

Babydoll, how are you getting on?

Rose :hugs: :hugs: I totally feel your pain!! I have never had the hallowed second tri energy this time round (I did with Orla) and have really struggled with being tired and have really shouted at Orla at times because of zero patience as well and then you end up feeling guilty afterwards don't you?! MiL is in hospital at the mo and has been for almost three weeks so hubby has been visiting most evenings and that hasn't helped. Can you speak to your hubby about how you're feeling? Or book a bit of leave from work when DS is in nursery and have a much needed day to yourself?

I'm also dreading the sleepless nights when there's a toddler who will wake up early regardless of how little sleep we've had :S I think it will help that we're having winter babies so it will be darker and you kinda want to hibernate and snuggle on sofa etc a bit more, plus not having to worry about the garden on top of everything else! I guess there'll be a time when not much will get done but as hubby says this is the last I want to enjoy those newborn snuggles and try not to stress about it too much... that's my plan anyway!

xxx

Congratulations to your sister Scarlett :)

DS is going to my mums for a sleepover tomorrow so I'm looking forward to a lie in on Saturday! We might go out for dinner tomorrow night too so that would be nice. I am hoping to get a cleaner to come and blitz the house before baby arrives and maybe a few times after he/she has arrived - everything gets so hairy now we have the dog. I hardly managed the cleaning last time so I definitely know I won't this time. If it wasn't for the dog I wouldn't really care but the hair really builds up - although maybe as it will be winter he won't be malting as much.

I'm also not getting the "2nd tri energy" that they talk about, though I'm not quite as exhausted as I was mid-1st Tri. I am glad that I don't have to deal with a toddler on top o everything else. I am sure that when we go for #2 I'll be right there where you are at now and I'm not looking forward to that in the slightest! :(

My mom's in town this week and we've been working on the nursery. Painted and started putting up decal stickers. I'm so excited, it's starting to look really good. I have another set of stickers to put up but I'm waiting until we put the furniture in there just so I can get a better feel about where I want to put these. :) Right now mom is making receiving blankets and burp rags for us. She really loves to sew, so we went to JoAnne fabrics (50% off all the fabric the last few days AND it was teacher appreciation day so additional 25% off the final cost :happydance: ) and picked up fabric for quite a few blankets and rags. I'm excited. I don't sew though so this is all her. :haha:

Rose - I think less sugar would probably help but I can't do diet soda because the aspartame causes me problems. I had to switch from diet to regular soda a few years ago because the aspartame caused real bad stomach and bladder pain for me. :wacko: I've got a messed up digestive system.

So sorry about your DH not understanding. I really hope that things are getting better or will get better soon. Have you been able to talk to him and explain how you're feeling?

Scarlett - Aww that's an adorable name! I love the name Ivy. Staying away from soda has definitely helped, no pain since. I had a little bit of an orange soda a couple days ago and no real pain, just a very minor discomfort for a couple hours (I was purposely testing the soda theory) so I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I can probably do small quantities spread out but what's the point in doing something that will cause me pain. I'll just avoid soda and up my water intake. I started adding cucumber and lemon to a water jug and keeping it in the fridge and that helps me dirnk more. I like cucumber flavor water.

Thanks Angel. I'm feeling much better now I think i was just extra exhausted that day! I still have hormonal moments but at least DH isn't annoying me so much at the moment :haha: I have tried to talk to DH but it usually just ends up in an argument and me being even more annoyed as he's just not an empathetic person and doesn't understand.

I've got some pics of the nursery!! So there's still work to do and some furniture to move, but the paint and 99% of the decals are up! :)

Attachments

• 13895322_10104749639002400_5647970181794989087_n.jpg
    13895322_10104749639002400_5647970181794989087_n.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 13872911_10104749639027350_3960901751349603630_n.jpg
    13872911_10104749639027350_3960901751349603630_n.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 13900199_10104749639062280_1721974993028131035_n.jpg
    13900199_10104749639062280_1721974993028131035_n.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1
  • 13879188_10104749639072260_488419389461332380_n.jpg
    13879188_10104749639072260_488419389461332380_n.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1
Sorry I've been away for a while, had some phone troubles.

Congrats on a girl Rose!

Angel, the nursery looks awesome. I want to use wall decals but not sure if I could make it look good like you have.

How's everyone feeling??

Hello!

Wow CONGRATS Rose! How exciting! Have you decided on a name yet? Hope things are better with the hubby and you're feeling less tired?

Your nursery looks lovely Angel, how are the blankets coming along? Will you find out the gender?

Good to see you back Babydoll! Hope you're ok and not having morning sickness.

Sorry I've been away for ages, things have been so mental at home. MiL is finally out of hospital so that's better and we've got Orla's new room plastered and decorated now. New carpets arriving on Fri, furniture on Mon and hoping to have her in there by the end of the month...so we can finally start getting ready for the baby! We've hardly done a thing! The swing and moses basket came out of the loft this week and I've cleaned them, but that's only cos my sister and niece are coming to stay at the weekend :haha: I feel a bit bad that this baby is going to inherit all of Orla's hand me downs. TYrying to decide if we can get away with the nursery or not...

Anyway hope you're all well! :flower: xx

Thank you :) yes we think we're going to call her Alice, it was the only girls name hubby liked when we were having DS! I am starting to feel much better thank you. Much less sick and I've been managing to get some tidying/sorting out done lately too as I've had a bit more energy. I'm still tired but I at least feel human! Things are a bit better with hubby, I've realised that going on about it isn't going to stop him being reluctant to join in with baby chat and activities so I'm just letting him be for now. He mentions it now and again and I'm hoping that in the next few weeks he will be able to start feeling her kick so that should help. I've been putting my bump on him at night in the hope that she will do a ginormous kick and make him jump like DS did :haha:

Glad orlas new room is going well. I think the nursery will be a last minute thing here because we currently use it as a study and are hoping to extend downstairs to add a proper study so we can use the third bedroom for Alice. the building works can't start for a month or two so it won't be ready before she arrives - I will probably just get a wardrobe in the bedroom for now and then sort it out properly as a nursery once she actually needs to sleep in there, we plan to keep her in with us for 6 months anyway

Happy very almost V Day Rose! Aww I think Alice is a lovely name, what is your DS called? Exciting about your house plans and I don't think it matters not doing the nursery before. We only just got Orla into her new room on Sunday so just want to tidy up the nursery a little, touch up a few scuffs on the walls - nothing huge. Like you, we're expecting this baby to be in with us for a while (Orla was until 7 months!)

How is everyone else getting on?

I'm counting down to mat leave now!! 6 weeks and 1 shift to go!!!!

Wow Scarlett I can't believe it's nearly time for you to go on mat leave! I'm so jealous. December seems like miles away to me.

Thank you, DS is called Alfie so I think the names go well together :)

I've been so bad about keeping up in here! 20 Weeks now! We had the anatomy scan last week and we are having a GIRL! :D We've decided to name her Melody. Middle name Anne (both our mothers' middle names are Anne). Now the hard part is deciding on a last name :rofl: I never took DH's last name so we are debating which of our names to use. His last name is one that gets made fun of pretty badly in late elementary / middle / high school ages so we are debating using mine. OR giving her both last names and just enrolling her in school with one of them. OR using one of our last names as a second middle name. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. funny how the hard part for us is the last name, and that should be the no brainer! :haha:

BabyDoll - good to see you! <3 Most of the wall decals I used came with directs for what to put together. I did a few changes, but mostly followed directions. And my mom did a lot of it, she's the real creative one. :haha:

Scarlet - so exciting that you're finally able to get that stuff done. I'm sure the baby won't care either way about getting hand me downs. At least not for several years yet. :) So jealosu that you're so close to Maternity leave!

Rose - I love Alice. What a cute name! :)

Angel congrats on your little girl! :) melody is a beautiful name. You still have plenty of time to sort out a last name. The name is just about the only thing I have got ready - that and some clothes. Buying girls clothes is so much fun.

How is everyone doing?

My bump is getting very big now and I am really struggling with my hips. I sleep with a V pillow under my top leg and under my side to raise my bump a bit which seems to help, but I still suffer especially if I've had a busy day. I also get very stiff if I sit in the same position for too long.

Also suffering with heartburn! I am sure it wasn't this bad with DS.

Hi ladies how are you all? Scarlett you're almost there!!!

Helloooooooooo!

I'm sorry I've not been on here in forever. We've been trying to get the house all finished (getting there, but still so much to do...) and it's been slowed down a lot by MiL being in and out of hospital, so many evenings hubby has been going to visit her.

Tomorrow is my last day at work, I can't quite believe it and feel a bit funny about it all. Am 37 weeks on Sunday so really hoping this baby is late so that I've got some time to relax before the madness really starts!

How is everyone else? Angel, congrats on your girl! I love the name melody - have you decided on a last name yet? Rose I've also had terrible heartburn for the first time ever and am having to use gaviscon all the time! Babydoll, how are you? Do you know the sex of your baby?

Will try and get on here more often again! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->