~*~ February Flowers 2014! ~ 37 Babies Have Arrived! ~*

Random question, but do people go into labour without losing plug first? I've had absolutely 0 signs but was wondering if that means there's no hope :haha:

Yes it's possible!!! :)
Happened with my first!

I had absolutely 0 signs this time too.
My midwife told me to try my breast pump so I tried that monday (the 10th) after my appt and again tuesday (the 11th), my water broke (more like EXPLODED) Wednesday morning at 12:30am!! He was born 2 hours later! I honestly thought I was going to be pregnant forever because he was still going up and down, I wasn't having any constant/regular contractions.. i mean zero signs. I was losing plug because of the sweeps I was getting but no bloody show.

Hang in there!

Hi girls

Whilst my lo is asleep after her feed I've finally got a chance to update here!! It's a...... Girl!!!!

Our little one was finally born at 7:49 last nigh (19th) weighing in at 8lbs 6oz - she's perfect! We've decided on calling her Isabelle Hope, traditional name for her first name and then a more modern name to represent all the hope and joy she brought after a long and rather stressful journey!

Shes perfect, although I'm obviously biased!! It was a quick birth if you exclude the induction process, I went from 4cm to fully displayed within a hour, so have ended up with a nasty tear. Still in hospital but going home tomorrow

Hope everyone is doing well! Take it easy and lots of love

Gem x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 7
Congrats likkle!! Glad things eventually sped up, but hope the tear heals soon!

Gorgeous name as well!

Thanks everyone! Very emotional at the moment, going to register her this afternoon and then hopefully get home. If I'm still struggling breast feeding I can't go home until she's established so may switch to bottle feed as a supplement just other home for the time being. I know this makes things slightly more difficult though

How's everyone doing?

Congrats likkle! I had no signs b4 any of my labours only lost plug or waters broke when pushing them out and my labours were fast 3,5,4 & 2 hours

Well looks like I went without signs and have a well behaved baby, water broke at 350am on the due date!! It was pretty bright yellow at first but the MW didn't seem concerned. Seems to have lightened up a bit. hope its not meconium, ive also read that straw coloured is normal...
Just period type pains, took a shower double checked the bags and now trying to go back to bed! Did a hypno track but didn't manage to doze off. Ill try to keep you guys posted!

Congrats Likkle and good luck Ourlilflu! So exciting to see what the yellows are!

Well looks like I went without signs and have a well behaved baby, water broke at 350am on the due date!! It was pretty bright yellow at first but the MW didn't seem concerned. Seems to have lightened up a bit. hope its not meconium, ive also read that straw coloured is normal...
Just period type pains, took a shower double checked the bags and now trying to go back to bed! Did a hypno track but didn't manage to doze off. Ill try to keep you guys posted!

Eeek good luck!!!

Congratulations and good luck :) xx I feel very emotional, can't stop crying :( xx

Likkle- breast feeding is really difficult :hugs: but if it's important to you make sure the nurses and midwives at the hospital take time to help you and check latch, etc, as it can be much more challenging when you're back alone at home. Good luck :flower:

Ourlilflu- good luck!! That's great news! Hope things pick up for you soon xx

Congratulations and good luck :) xx I feel very emotional, can't stop crying :( xx

I am the same today. No reason at all as everything is going well and Rufus is an angel baby. But have gone through a whole toilet roll crying my eyes out :haha:
Hope you feel better tomorrow :hugs:

Baby blues is 100% normal at day 3-5 sometimes longer.
When your milk comes in your hormones go mental.

I had 2 days of non stop crying. Literally everything made me cry and my boyfriend made things worse lol.
I still have anxiety about SIDS and i struggle to get Oliver to bed because of it. It's been getting better though xxxx

I'm feeling very weepy too. My DH had to go into work yesterday and I was so lonely. Tonight my boys are sleeping over their grandma's house. I should be happy for the quiet but I just want all my little ones surrounding me lately. I get sad when they go to school too.

I have only just now stopped crying so much and started to feel better and Leighton is 12 days old :)

I am going to try to bf without the linsonoh as I read it can make the latch difficult as its slippery hope this works my nips can't take much more :(

I am going to try to bf without the linsonoh as I read it can make the latch difficult as its slippery hope this works my nips can't take much more :(

Wipe it off during feedings. I only applied mine between feedings.

And remember ladies, if it gets unbearable, get baby checked for tongue and lip ties.

The pain doesn't last forever *unless there's a latch issue* - it WILL get better.. it'll be so good that eventually you will be numb to everything that touches your nipples :haha:

There were times I'd wake up to DS nursing and I wouldn't even realize or feel it :rofl:

Good luck to all the new mommies, it's not easy but this stage doesn't last long.. try to enjoy the snuggles before they start pushing you away :cry:

Agreed!! ^

Also of there's a lot of milk/dribble on the nipple that can make it slippery. I have to wipe mine sometimes as he slips off. He soon reattaches xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->