~*~ February Flowers 2014! ~ 37 Babies Have Arrived! ~*

I have been soo MIA ! But Royen Arquelle, our sweet girl did come into this world almost 2 days after we last spoke at 9lbs 9oz! A lot went down and I will write out my full birth story soon because there was a lot more than that. Ended up with meconiun in the amniotic fluid while pushing after 32 hrs of labour and that was the last straw among many to transfer to the hospital. She was majorly stuck and still malpositioned after2.5 hrs of pushing (again) after getting an epidural and resting for a few hours hoping she'd turn. She was OP ( sunny side up) and brow presentation. her head was so swollen and tilted that they refused to try vaccuum or forceps and csection it was. She was stuck crazy bad and yanking her out caused a tear in my uterus, lost a lot of blood and her poor head is so bruised and nose all mashed in. I was showing signs of infection earlier and they recommended her to be transferred to another hospital for antibiotics.she was in the intermediate care nursery for a bit but then got to stay in my room. Both pretty much out of the woods infection wise but my blood levels crashed since I lost 1.5 L of blood in surgery and its gone down more but thankfully I didn't need a transfusion this morning. That's the gist.... Phew! Quite a stressful and disappointing way my natural birth played out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 3
Yay more babies here and another labour underway!!! Congrats everyone. Sorry it was so stressful ourlilflu but glad your both on the mend now :flower:

I have been soo MIA ! But Royen Arquelle, our sweet girl did come into this world almost 2 days after we last spoke at 9lbs 9oz! A lot went down and I will write out my full birth story soon because there was a lot more than that. Ended up with meconiun in the amniotic fluid while pushing after 32 hrs of labour and that was the last straw among many to transfer to the hospital. She was majorly stuck and still malpositioned after2.5 hrs of pushing (again) after getting an epidural and resting for a few hours hoping she'd turn. She was OP ( sunny side up) and brow presentation. her head was so swollen and tilted that they refused to try vaccuum or forceps and csection it was. She was stuck crazy bad and yanking her out caused a tear in my uterus, lost a lot of blood and her poor head is so bruised and nose all mashed in. I was showing signs of infection earlier and they recommended her to be transferred to another hospital for antibiotics.she was in the intermediate care nursery for a bit but then got to stay in my room. Both pretty much out of the woods infection wise but my blood levels crashed since I lost 1.5 L of blood in surgery and its gone down more but thankfully I didn't need a transfusion this morning. That's the gist.... Phew! Quite a stressful and disappointing way my natural birth played out
Eek that sounds terrifying! Well done you I'm glad you r both ok.

Alexhb- congratulations!!!

Ourlilflu- wow, that sounds terrifying and exhausting! So glad to hear that you're both alright though and wishing you both a speedy recovery :hugs:

Batman- good luck! :flower:

Just occurred to me, but am I the only one left 'active' on this thread with no baby/labour signs? :wacko:

It will be your turn soon itsy!

I would say batman too... But she's in labour!

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments. So happy that a few more are gonna join the momma train soon, especially Batman! And itsy I'm sure it won't be long.

Had a mw appointment today... feeling pretty disappointed!

Almost as soon as my appointment started the mw started talking about planning another c-section! I told her I was prepared to do ANYTHING we could try to avoid that, but she's concerned about placenta functioning and scar rupture... I also told her I didn't want to be "intimidated" into making that sort of decision as plenty of people go over until 42 weeks without problems... she was quite willing to help though but wanted us to have "realistic" expectations of the risks.

So we agreed on planning an induction next Wednesday (at 41+4) using a Foley/Balloon catheter (in case things don't start on their own before then) but she checked and cervix is high and completely closed/unfavourable so she said I should probably not expect to go into labour in the next few days. My 'dreams' of a natural birth are going up in smoke!

So probably won't be a February Flower after all :(

Sorry I've been MIA ladies, this baby wants eat constantly so sleep-deprivation on a whole new level for me!

So excited for all the new babies! Hope it's going well Batman and Itsy, thinking of you and sending labor thoughts :) hopefully you'll progress quickly and surprise the midwife.

Hi,
I've been following the daily email, congrats to everyone and their babies!!

We endid up being a January baby! Elliot George arrived 5 days early on the 30th January, 9lb 13oz and another waterbirth x

One of Lexi's pics from her newborn photo shoot!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 5
What a crazy few days I have had. My baby was born on the 26th at 6.45am 10lb 13oz! Normal natural birth no stitches even! Unfortunately he had pooed inside and cord was around his neck. He breathed the meconium in and after 12 hours his breathing wasn't good so we have been helicoptered to a bigger hospital and he's in the special care unit. He is on cpap oxygen and iv antibiotics. They will try turn down his oxygen today and see how he copes. I might be able to hold him later. After having to healthy babies this has been the most terrifying experience I've ever had. Nothing worse than seeing your baby sick. I've been able to express milk for him though so at least I feel like I'm doing something to help him. Hope everyone else and babies are well xox

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 8
JaxBlackmore- congrats!!!

3x- What a gorgeous picture!

Batman- glad you got a natural birth, but how scary having to switch hospitals and watching your baby struggling! Hope he recovers soon and is able to breathe well once the reyduced oxygen :hugs:

He's down to thirty percent oxygen started at fifty so that's good I got to hold him and breastfeed him for a little bit to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->