• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February Fruitcakes! Looking for bump buddies due feb 2012

Hi ladies .
Yes I am laying on a hospital bed currently with little evie on my chest !

Was complicated , I was induced and had contractions for about 66 hours in total starting Sunday morning but never progressed and evie arrived via emergency c sec .

7lb8oz

So we are going home today or tomorrow - evie is very healthy - I'm doing well - just recovering and will take a while to heal xx

Hi ladies .
Yes I am laying on a hospital bed currently with little evie on my chest !

Was complicated , I was induced and had contractions for about 66 hours in total starting Sunday morning but never progressed and evie arrived via emergency c sec .

7lb8oz

So we are going home today or tomorrow - evie is very healthy - I'm doing well - just recovering and will take a while to heal xx

Congratulations Fuschia, I'm glad you and Evie are doing well, hopefully you will be home again now, or very soon so you can start getting into your new routine. I hope you recover quickly from the c-section too.

I'm sure you've taken lots of photos already, so I can't wait to see some pics on here.

Anyone else there yet? Imagine, you can't be far behind.

xxx

Congratulations Fuschia! 66 hours, you are a trooper :hugs:

Hope your recovery is quick and I can't wait to see some pics of Evie!

My baby is like her parents. Disorganised and now unfashionably late :coffee:

Congratulations Fuschia! 66 hours, you are a trooper :hugs:

Hope your recovery is quick and I can't wait to see some pics of Evie!

My baby is like her parents. Disorganised and now unfashionably late :coffee:

Its far too cold at the moment Imagine, Baby is very happily snuggling up still inside.

Hope the forecast snow doesn't cause any problems with the midwife getting out to you. You all set to go at home I guess?

My friend was planning to try the hypnobirth as her Partner has been studying hypnotherapy for a couple of years. Her baby was born suddenly 8 weeks early, so she didn't make it how she wanted to. She is planning to start trying again in the summer when I'll be starting again, so I think she'll want to do it then. Let me know how it goes.

Thinking of you

TerriLou
xx

Thanks Terrilou. I am now hoping baby Esme hangs in her nice intra-uterine environment for a little longer! We are predicted 10cm of snow and seeing as how they cancelled the homebirth service with last weeks 1cm of snow I am dreading going into labour tonight.

Thing is, if the MW can't get to me then frankly how do they think they are going to get a grouchy labouring woman out in the cold snow :haha: I do not want to be birthing at the side of a road! At least all the kit is here in case of emergency!

I will let you know how the hypnotherapy techniques work for me :thumbup:

Ooh, thats awkward, the MW can't make it out, so the very heavily pregnant, labouring ladies have to brave the elements, hmmm, something not quite right there. If thats the case, maybe all ladies with babies due within the next few days should get to hospital before it snows too bad and refuse to go home!!!! LOL, they'd soon start sending the MWs out again.

Congrats fuchsia! I am currently laying in my house with little Jocelyn on my chest. My water broke friday then after 33 hours of labor she came in an emergency c section. We are both healthy and recovering well. I will post pictures soon and I cannot wait to see yours! Hug!!

Congratulations lellis! Can't wait to see pics of baby Jocelyn! :flower:

Hope you and Fuschia are both recovering well after your long labours and surgery :hugs:

Gonna go for a waddle round the shops and try and shake my little madam out now.

Lellis- Congrats !!! Was your section for failure to progress as well ?

Last night I had a tough one :( seen by a Mw, referred to a doc who prescribed antibiotics and total bed rest for a womb infection. Then doctor knocked on door again to say hospital want me back to run some tests and get me on a drip of antibiotics to treat - so here I am !

The only good thing about this is that I really wasn't feeling well before but Obv I assumed not to be after exhausting my body and major surgery !

Evie stayed home and my mum was set to look after her for the night - it felt all kinds of wrong leaving her :( . My husband was going to stay but has a cough so he was told to leave so I wouldn't be disturbed of sleep

Not quite the fairy tale start I imGined. But my little girl is healthy and happy and coming to see me today x

Looking forward to hearing what's happened imagine xxxx

Oh no Fuschia. Hope you are feeling better. Must have felt like leaving a part of you behind going without her :hugs:

I got all excited last night. Had a few hours of fairly regular (and painful) contractions. Was shivering and shaking through them. Managed to get back to sleep eventually. I'm shattered today. Hoping another long walk today will kickstart things again. If not I'll get a sweep at 41+1 and hope that finally does it!

Fuschia and Lellis, I hope you are both recovering well after your surgeries and Fuschia, hope you're out of hospital again soon.

Come on Imagine, I can't wait to find out that you've had little Esme. Hope the sweep brings you along.

Sitting here patiently waiting to see some baby pics. xxx

3 nights now of contractions which are irregular and just fizzle out. My hips are excruciating :cry: The only side I could get comfy on last night baby was relentlessly battering.

Waiting for my sweep now. Hope it does something.

Imagine, good luck with the sweep. Let he know how it goes. I am sending good thoughts your way!

:hugs:Thanks Lellis

Sweep postponed until today. I am 2cm - seems those contractions were doing something. Baby is fully engaged........may change her name to Patience if she takes much longer :haha:

Got another sweep Sat (if she hasn't arrived by then) then in for induction discussion with consultant Monday *bites nails nervously*!

Please show me some pics of your gorgeous newborns ladies to keep me going :baby:

Oh dear, you certainly have a little stubborn one in there. hope all goes well with the next sweep, hopefully you won't need it.

I'll keep everything crossed for you so you don't have to!!

Good luck

I'm also waiting to see some bouncing baby pics ladies. xxx

Welcome to the world Esme :happydance:

Finally made a late appearance at 42+3 delivered in hospital as she was post dates for safety. Natural delivery, 7lb 7oz arrived on dry land on G&A :baby:

Congratulations and welcome baby Esme, I hope she is a very happy, settled baby. Can't wait to see some piccies.

xxx

Esme looks wonderful Imagine!

Just lovely.

Sorry I haven't been on to post.

I got a uterine infection which got me re admitted to hospital! Then when I was discharged for the 2nd time, I had problems with my wound! Its been a bit crazy but things are calmer now!
I will up load a few pics of Evie. 1 when she was born and one from today - she is 5 weeks. Hope you are all well! xx

Attachments

• DSCF1956.jpg
    DSCF1956.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Emma's pics of Evie 059.jpg
    Emma's pics of Evie 059.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads