• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February Fruitcakes! Looking for bump buddies due feb 2012

imagine13

Reaction score
Hi Ladies :hi:

This is my first pregnancy and my edd is 6th Feb 2012. I'm looking for buddies due February 2012 to share this crazy journey with.

I've snapped at my poor OH many times already today, poor man. Think the hormones re already sending me doolally :wacko:

Hi Imagine 13

I am one of these 'fruitcakes' I am having my first pregnancy and am 4 weeks pregnant at the mo. I have not been to the doctors ( going on Tuesday) but the internet sites suggest I am due on 4th of 5th Feb! xx Is this your first pregnancy?

Hi Fuschia

Yes - completely new to this, no idea what to expect. What about you?

I haven't booked the docs/midwife yet (only found out yesterday). Plan on booking an appt. tuesday.

Do you know what to expect from your first checkup? :shrug: I have no idea lol!

Sounds like we are in the same boat here then!
I dont know what to expect- I read different things all over the place! I think the doctor will confirm pregnancy and get you booked in for a mid wife and at approx 8 weeks your meant to meet her and have loads of questions etc! Then first scan would be 12 weeks.

I dont know about you but I am def paranoid about the whole thing! I feel I canr believe Im actually pregnant in the first place and feel like its unreal and worried it will end! Do you feel this way or are you more positive?

Where do you live? In London? I am in kent - not actually far from London x

I'm the other end of the country in gloucestershire.

My docs are rubbish. I've gone in half-dead before and they don't seem to want to help lol! Half thinking of changing at this point. When I had my implant removed the doc at family planning told me I could just ring the midwife at my surgery and they will confirm pg, check blood pressure and give you info. Guessing they will also book you in for first scan? Baaahh - damn the bank holiday,I need answers!

Totally feel the same as you! Feel like af is going to arrive any time and spoil the party. I don't think it will feel real at all until I see a tiny munchkin on the scan!

Poor OH, he was just getting all excited about getting a new bike and I drop the bombshell "honey I'm preggo". Last night he was saying "hmm, so we've got like 9 paychecks to go", and I was like "erm, no, try 8,possibly even 7 until the little chubster is here!" He is over the moon though and dare I say slightly mental - he keeps talking to my belly :haha: How is your OH coping?

I keep swinging between ecstatic and then next moment I don't feel pregnant and the whole thing feels surreal! Have you bought anything yet? I'm going to get some books on amazon today......also might buy a little romper suit or 2 hehe, help it feel a bit more 'real' :haha:

Oh right quite far away then! In fact if you're up for it- it would be quite interesting to see how things differ for both of us with appts etc!

My OH is over the moon. I was a bit freaked out at first as this was the first time we had ever even got close to 'trying' and you hear that couples sometimes take years to fall pregnant so I was shocked when i got a BFP so early on! He has already been to Waterstones, bought the 'what to expect when your expecting' book. Its a big fat book - I have had a bit of a read and its good because it has everything you could ever want to know! Just reading up to the 4 weeks part atm cos I feel like if I go further that I may be tempting fate! I know what will be will be but I feel like we need to protect ourselves in case it doest go right!

OH also bought a book for the baby! Its one of them squishy ones- cos he said he wants to be the first to buy something but I made him get it out of my sight ! lol

My period was due on Friday, when was your due? It makes it feel more real just not having a period !

xx
xx

Oh and I wanted to ask you - do you have any symptoms yet? x

My period is due either today or tomorrow. Sort of feel heavy down there like before I come on if you know what I mean! We also got pg much quicker than expected. Were both 29 so kinda thought it would take at least 6 months or so being old farts lol!

I wrote down all my symptoms on my bfp announcement thread....hang on and I'll copy them over. The watery mouth and queasiness has now eased. Had a stabby back ache yesterday when out shopping, just wanted to get home and lie down. Other than feeling tired and mega achey BB's not much else to report t the moment. What about you?

Aww, how cute that your OH bought a book for the baby. :baby: Clearly he's hoping it will be literary genius :lol:

Here are my symptoms.....

*as usual I got no + opk* luckily enough I get a massive temp dip on my chart so I can pinpoint it. FF wasn't great at identifying ovulation for me either.

1-4dpo Nothing out of the ordinary, the usual post ov water retention.
5dpo Bloating went, the waist was back. Slightly EWCM. BD'ed just in case!
6dpo Abundant creamy CM. OH said he felt like he was wearing a condom it was that disgustingly thick
7dpo More creamy CM. Massive temp dip. Slight pinkish stain in knickers but nothing when wiping (must have been implantation). BB's starting to re-inflate, though no bloating round the waist. Slight muzzy headache. Extremely watery mouth. Tried having a cig, mouth instantly filled with water and thought I was going to puke. Think I knew this was my month at this point.
8-9dpo Same as above. Increased thirst. Don't seem to be peeing more though. Just smells like mans pee when I do and always looks like fmu *yuck*. Lots more waves of nausea with mouth filling with saliva. Hungry but don't know what I fancy to eat. Feeling a bit spaced out. Burnt myself whilst cooking. Tested 9dpo (twice lol!) BFN. Getting out of car feel a 'ripping' sensation in my womb. Felt like the inside of my womb had been velcro-ed together and by getting up I tore it apart.
10dpo Symptoms disappear. Feeling energetic. Watery CM. Think it's all in my head and am not PG. Major disappointment sets in. Try to have a glass of wine in the evening after another BFN and can't get past first sip. Hmm, maybe I'm not out.
11dpo Very faintest of faint lines on a frer in am. Is it there....isn't it? Wave it at OH, get him to scrutinise. He thinks BFN. Get all disappointed. Mid morning while working BB's start to ache on the side. Ravenously hungry. Eat/scoff bacon butty and it very nearly comes straight back up when I am talking to clients. Excessive creamy CM. Extreme thirst. 2pm take another frer. Almost instant line. Spend all afternoon feeling spaced, hyper and excited. Cannot wait to get home and tell OH.

Biggest symptoms were the nausea with my mouth filling with saliva which put me off smoking and drinking (amazing how your body rejects the bad stuff!) and the abundant creamy cm. Pains felt unlike af and more like expansion/ripping in my womb.
PHP:

Did you take a HPT at work? I couldn't have done that :haha:

Congrats on your pregnancies ladies - I'm a hoping-to-be-a-Feb-mum person, but I'm only a day or two past ovulation at the moment :blush:

Thanks for all that info!
8dpo I felt some really light cramps - but they were def there ! I remember thinking ' could that be? NaaaH it's all in my head ' then 10dpo i got my first faint positive. I have been feeling quite nauseous all week but never sick. What I have noticed most is peri g very often and trapped wind !! Which at times has been very painful!

Yes I think OH has great expectations ! My oh is 32 and I am 23 so I guess our chances were pretty good but so shocked it was 1st time round - wasn't really prepared- thought we had at least a few practice months!

I kinda have this constant feeling in my tummy too - kinda between when you get an icky tummy and aching like I have done sit ups the day before!

Exciting times eh! Not looking forward to morning sickness if I get it! X

Hi beccad - hope you join us soon. I poas during my lunch break when I popped home. Just 'knew' after my sicky morning and my slight implantation bleed that tht very faint line in the am would be stronger. Also wanted to prove OH wrong :haha:

Did not sleep at all well last night Fuschia old chum. I'm constipated and full of trapped gas *sharing is caring* lol! Look like one of draculas' brides this morning....not pretty sight :sick:

I bought the 'what to expect when you're expecting' book - thanks for the recommendation. Also bought "hypnobirthing - safer easier comfortable birthing' by Marie Mongan and highly recommend 'Your pregnancy bible' which has lots of pretty pictures.

Yeah we wanted to get in a lot more practice first as well haha :sex: At the moment my extreme flatulence is working as a sex repellent!

Hi everyone!
If this pregnancy is nice and sticky I will also be due in February! The due date calculators have said anywhere from the 5th to the 11th. I just got my first positive last night at 10 dpo with a digital! And then of course this morning and probably this evening and then for the next several weeks until it hits me. I'm already planning to go to go to
The dollar store sometime today to stock up! I haven't made a doctor's appointment yet and I probably won't do that until I'm officially past my period which is due in 2 days. I'm very happy to join this thread and best of luck to all of us!

And thank you imagine13 for referring me to this thread!

Ah sorry to hear you didn't sleep well imagine13- I know how annoying that is!

I totally can relate to flatulence being a sex repellant ! I don't exactly feel that sexy myself anyway!

Today i have had a pretty symptom free day! I'm not going to let it panic me though as I see a lot of women have their symptoms come and go!

Mcshaw- welcome! It's exciting and helpful to talk to women in same situation so hope we can help each other!

I'm off to the doctors tomorrow- no idea what he will say if anything ! I think I'm 4weeks and 3 days today and I hope he refers me to a midwife but I don't really know how they do it!

X

Well I just had my first dctrs appt. as expected it was a bit of an anti climax! Basically they just gave me the go ahead to book an appt with the midwife in about 3 weeks when I will be approx 8 weeks along. And weighed me .

No test was done - they just said they take your word for it so lets hope Im not crazy then and that there really were 25 BFP HPTs! xx

Hi ladies,
I'm currently just over 5 weeks gone with my 2nd child.
Due date is 1st february but fro mpast experience this one may make an early appearence.

I'm in Exeter, Devon and would love to have some friends who are at the same stage

Speak soon i hope :)

Hi Ladies,

I got my BFP this morning, along with a BFN from a different type. I tried a Clearblue digital this evening and that one also said BFP.

My EDD is between 5th and 7th Febuary 2012.

I am nervous, scared and excited all at once.

We stopped using protection in January, but wasn't monitoring anything. I was monitoring temps with Fertility Friend in April and May. I was never actually sure that I ever ovulated and April seemed to confirm, with an anovulatory cycle. May was completely different though, Luckily I did an OPK quite early in the cycle and it showed positive, so I knew I had done quite well over the couple of days before it. About 4 or 5 days later, my temperature plummeted, this must have been implantation. From soon after that and still to this day, my (.)(.) have been killing me. I have had cramps too, but just for a few days after implantation. Still feeling niggling twinges around my pelvis, but that, I guess is to be expected.

Its all new to me, hopefully blodyn82 will fill us all in with what to expect, as I really don't have a clue.

I had 13 friends that gave birth last year, but I don't want to talk to them about it as I'm only 4 weeks, so don't want to make any announcements yet.

Welcome terrilou!
I tried using opks and never got a positive one! So when I was worrying wondering if I am normal nature was apparently doing it's stuff! It's exciting as more people join the group ! Xx

Hi Ladies,

I got my BFP Monday morning and again this morning. (Had to double check!! :) ) My last pregnancy wasn't sticky, so if this one is nice and sticky, I have an EDD of Feb 4th.

I'm going to call and schedule my appointment Monday if I am still getting BFP.

I can't wait to get to know you ladies.

-Laura

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back