• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February Fruitcakes! Looking for bump buddies due feb 2012

Aww lellis the swelling was what made my last few weeks at work hell. I soaked my hands and feet in cold water every night and got OH to massage them. Not fun though is it when you get up and can barely grip your toothbrush and none of your shoes fit :hugs: It has got slightly better for me now I'm on leave.

Let us know how it goes with your doctor today - hope you can get signed off or something :hugs:

Has another MW appt today, my baby is still not engaged. She is in no rush to get out of her comfortable wriggle space. I have been prescribed as much :sex: as my bloated whale body can take .......actually these days its more like this >>> :holly:

Thanks dear. He signed me off after work this Friday. I am so happy. Don't think my. Poor bloated body could take much more.more.

Sorry to hear you're not engaged at all
Keep us posted. Hug.

Aww lellis the swelling was what made my last few weeks at work hell. I soaked my hands and feet in cold water every night and got OH to massage them. Not fun though is it when you get up and can barely grip your toothbrush and none of your shoes fit :hugs: It has got slightly better for me now I'm on leave.

Let us know how it goes with your doctor today - hope you can get signed off or something :hugs:

Has another MW appt today, my baby is still not engaged. She is in no rush to get out of her comfortable wriggle space. I have been prescribed as much :sex: as my bloated whale body can take .......actually these days its more like this >>> :holly:

Hey girls - did you both have growth scans ? How did they go ??

I really feel for you guys with the swelling - that's something I haven't suffered with so far !

I have been feeling pretty spaced out and a bit dizzy a lot of the time though ! I have mw appointment today so will see if bp and urine is all ok.

The only other thing I wondered was about diabetes which I was clear for at 28 weeks , but sometimes I feel like I neer to eat an awful lot of good to feel ok !!

You may not be engaged imagine but I hear so much of people that just get engaged on the day they labour ! So don't worry ! I will be interested to hear where I am , at 36 weeks I was 4/5 but again , that can change the wrong way from what I hear !!

I'm 38 weeks today - eeeeeeeek !! Xxx

So pleased for you lellis - enjoy your well deserved rest!

Fuschia - sounds like baby is ready to go!

My scan was just to check presentation. It was strange as I couldn't see the whole of baby on the screen - she is definitely a porker now :haha:

I have upped my raspberry leaf intake - up to 4 capsules a day and massaging the bump with clary sage oil in the evenings. Going to start evening primrose oil tomorrow. Had some weird cramps and felt sick last night but think baby is just teasing me.

Going to pump up the birth pool tonight for a test run :happydance: all my homebirth kit is here now, the moses basket is all made up for her - come on baby, we're ready for you now!

How exciting imagine !

I have evies Moses basket allset up in my room - I look at it all the
Time - I'm kinda used to it being there now - it's like a piece of furniture and I forget it will actually have a true purpose !!

Just back from 38 week appt , blood been taken to check for anaemia .

Mw said she could only feel 1/5 of babys head - if that !!!so she really is quite low down !

Not getting my hopes up though because I know it doesn't really mean squat - she could stay Like that for 4 weeks ! Lol xx

come on miss Evie - time to exit for mama Fuschia!

Just seen blodyn post in third tri - looks like she's in early labour - woohoo!

How is everyone doing? My hips have given up :cry:

Getting impatient now! Hope everyone is ok - have a sneaky suspicion you have all had your babies and abandoned me in bumpland!

Hey ! We haven't posted in a while .. When I saw you had I got excited and thought maybe you had esmee!

I'm doing ok - cramps all the time , crazy back ache and mental pressure sometimes as I walk around ! I'm sleeping more now .. Average of 2 naps a day ! And lots of bms - I'm Obv preparing for labour but god knows when it will be here !

How engaged was your lo at last appt ? Have you had any other signs ?

The hip pain is horrible isn't it !

Yay single figures !! Can't believe I have 5 days until this date that I have been saying to people for months ! X

Na - no sign of the little madam yet! Like you getting excited when I get the runs or back ache or cramps :haha:

Not had an appointment for a while but definitely feels like she is engaged now. The front and back of my pelvis seem to be tearing apart and the pressure on my bladder is agony! Yet when I pee I can only squeeze out a few drips haha! Next appointment is on 31st so hope I am right or labour is going to be a right pain in the arse :haha:

Good luck buddy, hope you beat me to the finish, but at the same time hope it is soon for both of us. Like you I am a grumpy tired train wreck :haha:

Wonder how everyone else is doing?

Hi ladies! I am in single digets now too. Being off work has helped the swelling a ton. I am right there with you and the naps. Sooooo exhausted.

She wasnt engaged at the dr. Appointment I had Thursday. I am walking a lot and all that to try to help her along.

Cannot wait to hear how your labors go. Good luck gals!!!

Been having cramps and tightenings all day. The front of my pelvis is agony - she absolutely must be engaged! Feels like there is a bowling ball down there and my waddle has become a shuffle. Will find out at my MW appointment tomorrow. Sort of hoping tonight will be the night but probably wrong lol!

My midwife's last tip was to wear your nicest shoes - sods law will guarantee your waters break all over them and ruin them. Only problem is I can't get any of mine on my fat feet :haha: Surely bouncing on my birth ball over my new carpet will do the same trick!

Good luck everyone! :happydance:

Just popped in to see if there have been any reports at all. Will be thinking of you getting to meet your lovely new bundles very soon.

Funny thing is that I've been having some really strange cramps, my Husband thinks they're phantom labour pains as this is when my baby would have been due too.

Good luck to you all, hope you have great, quick labours and not too much pain.

Thinking of you all.

xxxxx

Imagine - sounding good ! I know what you mean about the bowling ball ! I really am struggling with walking around now !!

How dud your mw appt go ? Is esmee engaged ? I have a mw appt tomorrow so i will be checking she hasn't done anything mental like flipped around ! Dint think she has though - pressure is immense . We had a false alarm last night - I had contractions for 3 hours , regular and painful - nothing like random bh I've had before - fizzled out though !!

Terrilou- thank you so much for popping by to see us ! How are you keeping ?

Could your cramps have been a new lil bubba implanting ? Xxx

Terrilou- thank you so much for popping by to see us ! How are you keeping ?

Could your cramps have been a new lil bubba implanting ? Xxx

Hey Fuschia, Would be nice if it was growing a new one, but the pains started a few days before my period, which finished a week ago and I'm still getting them. We're not trying now as I want to lose some weight first.

I've booked a scuba diving holiday for May, so we'll be starting TTC again after that as you can't dive when pregnant as it can do damage. I've lost 21lbs so far and hope to lose another 40ish before the holiday.

Just giving myself a good break and looking out for everyone else having their babies, then I can see what you all go through before I put myself through it again.

Again, good luck all

xxx

So good to hear from you Terrilou :hugs: Thanks for popping in. We'll try not to scare you with our labour stories! Hope you have a lovely well deserved holiday with hubby in May. I'm sure we can all form a dieting group until then for moral support. You'll have to give me tips - 21lbs lost is amazing!

Fuschia - I had contractions last night. Very random and woke me up. Made me want to curl up in a ball but I practised my hypnobirth techniques and kept dozing off :sleep:. Today...nothing! They weren't regular like yours either. I've done lots of walking and sat on the birth ball. Think Esme has decided it is too cold to venture out yet though she is 2/5ths engaged. How did your OH cope with being woken up? Mine gets all panicky looking whenever I have a twinge :haha:

Het girls . Waters went at 1am this morning . No contractions - went to hospital and they confirmed waters had gone ! So got home about 3.30am - have been pretty much having contractions since then - they have got a little more painful but honestly nothing not manageable at all so far ! So Im just waiting to see if anything comes of it ! Id say my contractions are around 10 mins apart at the mo . If it gets to 5 mins and they last 60 secs then I call hospital .

As waters have gone , I'm booked in for an induction tomorrow morning anyway so either way I hope to meet my baby soon ! Hope you are all well xxxx

OMG so excited for you! :happydance:

Can't wait to see a pic of baby Evie :flower:

Het girls . Waters went at 1am this morning . No contractions - went to hospital and they confirmed waters had gone ! So got home about 3.30am - have been pretty much having contractions since then - they have got a little more painful but honestly nothing not manageable at all so far ! So Im just waiting to see if anything comes of it ! Id say my contractions are around 10 mins apart at the mo . If it gets to 5 mins and they last 60 secs then I call hospital .

As waters have gone , I'm booked in for an induction tomorrow morning anyway so either way I hope to meet my baby soon ! Hope you are all well xxxx

Hey Fuschia,

I'm guessing you have your new bundle in your arms now?

Hope it all went really well for you.

I'm looking forward to seeing the baby pics start appearing.

Good luck everyone.
xxx

I so hope everything has gone well for Fuschia! I keep checking back hoping for a pic of her little girl.

No sign of my monkey yet :grr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"