FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Thanks so much guys for all your opinions. Nice to have some names floating around, can make decision once little man makes his appearance. Got his pram all washed and set up again today after a trip to Wacky woods for a bday party. I've got to go out tonight Melly and I feel so big and nothing fits! I Just want to get in my comfies and veg out as I am sooo tired! Captain those scan pics are amazing!!!! So clear. Emily is a lovely name Izzie x

We're thinking of Emily for first name, but is it too popular?

My name is Emily! I think it will always be one of the more popular names, but at least it's easy to pronounce. :winkwink:

We're thinking of Emily for first name, but is it too popular?

My name is Emily, and while I like the name, I HATED how popular it was growing up. There were usually at least 2 other Emilys in my classes, and combined with having a common maiden name, I didn't like how boring my whole name sounded. :haha: My husband has a really uncommon name and loves it, which is why we went with a super uncommon name for our daughter and will do so again this time.

I'm sure there are other Emilys that like the name though! It is also going down in popularity slightly these days.

Omg just tried baby name genie for fun. No no and no! Can't even pronounce some of them! Good for a laugh though.

I like the polls... Some people make lots of lovely choices... others are pretty terrible! As you say, good for a bit of fun!

I like Emily! I had Emmeline on our list, which I also thought was a lovely variant. :)

I should emphasise that it was the randomly generated for fun names for my surname that made me laugh and not people's actual name choices!

I love Emily, it's my cousins name which would be fine but I know another Emily who has put me off calling my own girl Emily.
My ds wants to call the baby Alice. I like Violet so far.
Xx

Omg just tried baby name genie for fun. No no and no! Can't even pronounce some of them! Good for a laugh though.

I like the polls... Some people make lots of lovely choices... others are pretty terrible! As you say, good for a bit of fun!

I like Emily! I had Emmeline on our list, which I also thought was a lovely variant. :)

I should emphasise that it was the randomly generated for fun names for my surname that made me laugh and not people's actual name choices!

There are some shockers on the polls, too! :)

And I am not just being mean- somebody was surprised to find that 'Hate' would be considered a bad choice for their baby girl...

Lydia was our girl name choice, and I was going to go with Lydia Jane. I like the one syllable middle name along with the three syllable name.

Also I like the name Emily, it is one DH and I both liked but also weren't sure about because of popularity... but I do think it's going down at the moment.

We've been calling our baby boy Lucas for now, but I don't know for sure if we'll stick to it. It would really help to see the baby's face and know for sure.... I suppose that day is coming!!

Thanks to all for the recommendations on websites, apps and books. I'm reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and I'm only at the beginning where the ladies tell their birth stories but so far I love it. I also regularly listen to Melissa Spilsted's soundtracks "sounds of the sea", Relaxations for Childbirth and Affirmations for Beautiful Birthing. I absolutely love her voice and her accent. She really relaxes me. I'm hoping to start Hypnobirthing classes (not official Hypnobirthing but same concept) with my doula. Maybe in November or December. She's also really calming and after all the YouTube videos I've seen of women using either Hypnobirthing or Hypnobabies, I am convinced there's something to it, and would like to at least give it a try.

I have a cold, my first one in 9 months. I'm so bummed out. Hope everyone else is doing well. Congrats on finding out genders :)

Awesome, Megamegan! :D I love Ina May! The birth stories are a lot of fun and the information she gives in the second half of the book is really helpful.

I probably mentioned that I did HypnoBirthing with my first (not the classes, just self-study with the book) and it was amazing. I don't think I could have gotten through a 56 hour labour so easily without it! No pain, just the need for intense concentration, breathing, and visualization. This time I'm trying HypnoBabies. Not the expensive classes, but I got a hold of the sound tracks (which I hear are the most important part) and am listening to those when I put DD to sleep. They seem good, too!

Yes I remember that you did/are doing that! That's really encouraging. I can't wait to feel secure in being able to concentrate and relax for labor. I couldn't find the recordings for HypnoBabies on iTunes... it should really be there! And I had searched for the audio of HypnoBirthing but I didn't like her voice, so I decided against that one, but I did start reading the book... but I thought, first I'll read Ina May's book, then if I have time I'll read more into HypnoBirthing while I'm taking the classes. My doula includes the classes (4 of them I think) in her price, but as you might remember, that price is quite steep in comparison to anywhere else in North America (apparently, lol) and that's $1500. Oh! The other thing I'm doing is I'm going to finally join my gym that has a pool, and go swimming as often as possible. I've gained kind of a lot so far and my doctor is a total witch with a B about it, but I know she's right, that I should at least make an attempt to stay active during pregnancy. It's so hard but I know it will help.

We just went around to visit a neighbour and tell them the news, she's an elderly lady and said she knew I was pregnant since they came around for dinner one evening (Just after we found out at around 5 weeks), she was a psychiatric nurse her whole career and joked about reading people for a living :haha:

Nice that the people around us are so excited though, my SIL went to a church sale today to look for things and got four onesies never worn for a dollar, and is going to another again tomorrow, might have to rethink how much I need to buy! :dohh:

Hypnobirthing sounds very interesting. I'd love to look more into it. Have any of you ladies ever made your own baby wipes with paper towels, water, coconut oil, and an organic baby wash? I was reading a little bit about it online and it sounds interesting and slightly cheaper than store bought wipes. I noticed my MIL making some for our niece and nephew as well. It has me intrigued! Plus, fewer chemicals than the store bought ones.

Hypnobirthing sounds very interesting. I'd love to look more into it. Have any of you ladies ever made your own baby wipes with paper towels, water, coconut oil, and an organic baby wash? I was reading a little bit about it online and it sounds interesting and slightly cheaper than store bought wipes. I noticed my MIL making some for our niece and nephew as well. It has me intrigued! Plus, fewer chemicals than the store bought ones.

I do this!!!! I boil the water, cool it, mix coconut oil, baby wash and a little witch hazel and pour over a roll of paper towels I cut in half. I've really liked it. I just tear some off and put in a container for travel and one batch lasts about 2 weeks so It's only 1 roll of paper towels a month!!! It's really a great idea!

Wow, I've never heard of doing that!! Sounds interesting... do the paper towels not get stuck together? And how do you cut the roll in half, like do you saw with a knife or just use scissors?

That's awesome that your doula includes HypnoBirthing teaching in her price though! I think it's a good idea to embrace the things that resonate with you and don't worry about the things that don't. I don't like all of the HypnoBirthing terminology, and not all of the imagery worked for me, so I just used what felt right.

The HypnoBabies mp3 files are 1GB total so it would be hard to send to you I think, but if you know of a way I can! I like her voice a lot better than the HypnoBirthing lady's voice, I agree. :haha:

Re: baby wipes, we just used soft cotton cloths and washed them with our cloth diapers. I know some people make a spray with water and lavender, but I just use plain water. If she's really smelly I use a mixture of coconut oil and lavender that I put on her afterwards.

hey everyone!
we got our babies carseat today!
the carseat and base and infant insert for the carseat retail for a total of $270 new
and we got it for $120 lightly used and in excellent condition
hoping to get our co sleeper "snuggle nest" bassinet today too for over 50% off retail price

hoping to get our crib in october and the mattress, bedding set, bumper and mobile however we will have to pay full retail for those items
except for the crib and bedding set
getting a $200 gift card to babies r us for signing up with direct tv satellite tv expecting that at the end of october and there is sale going on online at babies r us and its 15% off any regular priced nursery furniture over $200 so going to use the gift card and discount and it will bring our crib down from $500 to us only paying $225 out of pocket and i have a coupon for 20% off any regularly priced bedding item good through october 21st so im going to use that on the bedding set we are getting because its the most expensive bedding item we are getting and it will bring that down from $170 to $135

im soooo happy i love getting things for baby and saving money finding deals!

also hoping to get babies room all painted within the next couple of weeks. we have all the materials we need to paint already and
we are starting to move things out of there (because we had been using it as a guest bedroom/excercise room) gave away our guest bed yesterday and going to be moving the tredmill into the garage either tonight or tomorrow
super exciting!

and other good news my mom got rear ended twice the past week both times she was driving our jeep wrangler but this is a good thing because A she was not hurt nor was anyone else and B our jeep has a solid steel aftermarket bumper and a huge oversized spare tire on the back so the damage to the jeep is sooo minimal its not even worth fixing because its a recreational vehicle to begin with and suppose to be rugged but the other parties' insurance companies are still going to pay to replace the bumper and tire mount ect so we are just going to cash out instead of replacing/repairing it and use the money to pay off the jeep and then sell the jeep and get a fuel efficient family vehicle which we desperately need

on the bad side the logic board on my macbook pro died and we are going to have to pay $280 to fix it :(

and i can not wait until the end of december when my contract is up with verizon so i can upgrade to the iphone 6 plus and not have to pay $800 for it and not have to use this pos iphone 4 anymore which only works on speaker phone after surviving a trip through the washer and dryer

also i can feel baby move alllll the time now full on kick and rolls and everything its sooooo cool. she is always awake at night soon after i lay still for a while watching a movie before falling asleep she is soooo active. my walking throughout the day must keep her asleep during the day. oh no we already have a problem she is already a day sleeper and night owl. hahahaha. and you can definitely feel her from the outside so much now but OH hasnt felt yet because he is a butt and hasnt tried much but he is super busy

i made $400 between today and yesterday selling unwanted/uneeded stuff on craigslist
a road bike for $300, a mattress and boxspring for $50 a rocking chair for $50 and selling my broken iphone 5 that has a cracked screen and wont turn on for $150 tonight
im on a roll hoping to sell a few more things too soon and make another $150-$200 (a solid oak made in denmark dining room table, a travel bassinet, some awesome saddlebags (belt thing) i bought for $150 new last summer and never used really)

im soooo excited for the holidays my birthday and christmas and the baby shower everything is going to be soooo much fun

anyways i know you guys dont really care about the stuff going on in my life and this is waay too long and not really worth reading and most of you probably wont just wanted to blog kind of and update

hope everyone is doing well!

So my due date got changed to Feb 20 th but have a scheduled c-section on Feb 13th

I love a bargain too, Bridget! Sounds like you have found some good ones :) we are going to buy car seat/s next month and then tick things off from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->