FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Congratulations, river! I love the name Theodore :) Glad to hear you are getting into the swing of things.

Google 'gastrocolic reflex' - basically, food going in triggers the colon to push food out so babies start trying to poop during or straight after a feed. They're not totally in control of their internal organs so it takes a lot of grunting, groaning, straining and red faces to get anything out - it's normal though and gets better as their digestive system develops and they get better control. It makes my LO a very noisy sleeper!

Sometimes it's just grunting and straining, but more often than not he ends up screaming and crying, particularly for gas right after nursing.

I agree breastmilk smells gross.when spit up in your hair :)

Surprise, at my 6 week checkup I got my pap smear and annual exam. She checked my incision and made sure my uterus was shrinking properly. We talked about birth control options (only a couple are ok for breastfeeding mothers) and talked about any questions...like I asked if I should even consider a 3rd... so think of any questions you may have.

Thanks, ttc! I'm nervous!

(If you don't mind me asking): what was the answer on you having more babies? :)

I.don't mind at all :). She said she didn't see a reason not to but I would have the same risks. But since everything turned out ok, she said more babies aren't out of the picture :) She did say I should wait 2 years delivery to delivery so no 16 month age difference again ;) Also with the antibody stuff future babies will most likely come early and.by c section. We're aren't for sure having another but it's nice the door isn't closed :) Are more babies in your future, Surprise?

How about anyone else? Thinking of more babies?

River congrats :)

That's it for DH and I, he's getting snipped in the next couple of weeks. Any more and he'd have to build a bigger boat :haha:

No more for us! Two is our limit considering I want to go to midwifery school and start my career. :) I also don't want to buy a minivan, lol. DH is getting snipped within the next couple of months. I want him to wait closer to the 6 month mark, but he wants to do it earlier while he's off. We'll see!

Captain, LOL.

It's probably too early to say about more kids, but I can't see myself going back for more! :lol: Pregnancy sucked and breastfeeding sucks. Maybe once I hit a stage of this I actually enjoy I'll consider it? For now I had an IUD put in at my six week check up and that'll last a good long while!

That is great that you have the door open, ttc! :) I guess it is hard to know how you will feel a couple of years down the road, so I imagine it is certainly nice to know that medical advice doesn't say no! :)

I think we will likely have at least one more. I had talked about having four kids at one point... But found pregnancy and childbirth pretty tough (and my husband found me tough to deal with!). So I think we are more leaning towards two/MAYBE three.

And I should say - congrats River!!! We talked about the name Theodore, I think it's adorable. What nickname were you thinking of, Teddy or Theo?

Wnt2beAMom - are you going to try reintroducing dairy in a couple of weeks to double check it is that? I'd hate for you to go without if it's not!
Google 'gastrocolic reflex' - basically, food going in triggers the colon to push food out so babies start trying to poop during or straight after a feed. They're not totally in control of their internal organs so it takes a lot of grunting, groaning, straining and red faces to get anything out - it's normal though and gets better as their digestive system develops and they get better control. It makes my LO a very noisy sleeper!

Sometimes it's just grunting and straining, but more often than not he ends up screaming and crying, particularly for gas right after nursing.

Yup, in the beginning ds would fart/poop at every feed and then it turned into just pain for him and crying after every feed instead of that. I found it took a few days of me off milk before he was better. It was magical because he was back to "releasing" during feeds and his poop looked better and he wasnt in pain. I had ice cream the other night and it may have bothered him again a little...but not too bad. I'm hoping to have some milk again to see what he does. But I'll be fine with almond milk from now on....

Can't recall if I posted here or not.
Theodore was born March 12, 12 days overdue. I had an induction, but normal vaginal delivery with some tearing.

Sooo enjoying him. First night home was rough, he basically cluster fed the whole night. Seems my milk didn't want to come in til day 4, then he was much more content! Everyday is getting a bit better than the last.

Congrats! We thought about that name too :)

Isabella was weighed yesterday and is now 9lb 6! She was 7lb 7 at birth so I'm very pleased with her weight gain :) I was so sure I'd fail at breastfeeding (I didn't bf my first) so I'm very pleased it's going well!

That's a great weight gain I think!

Ds was 9lb 9oz at that age and he was 7lb 12oz at birth. He is now 10lb 7oz :)

I don't know about you mamas but this is the only kind of sleep I'm going to get today. I'm exhausted! Hope everyone is doing well Nd enjoying your adorable babes!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 9
It took me a very long time and lots of intervention to get my boys so the chances of me ever having anymore would have been very slim, but i would have loved to try as they say you are more fertile after having a baby... so at 4 weeks PP i asked DH the question....he flat out said no more & i got double the babies he promised me we would try for lol ( he now has 4 boys and i always knew that he didn't want anymore after this) - made me kind of sad, I hoped he would reconsider, i loved being pregnant even with all the pains i went through at the end, i love being a mummy to the boys and would have loved to have enjoyed trying for another without the stresses infertility, knowing that if it didn't happen then i have my boys and my life is complete :cloud9:

Eli is definitely going to keep us on our toes! This happened today (first time being laid on his tummy):

16675452458_83c850b86f_z.jpg

16861902332_da83021091_z.jpg

16655767667_c78b3f33c0_z.jpg

16240693594_a004182dc9_z.jpg

16676928749_4d8e83d24c_z.jpg

16863054075_5937019214_z.jpg

Wow! Well done Eli! I just got super excited as my lo rolled for the first time today too. She did it three time in a row and I captured the last one on video for my DH who is still at work on the late shift. she is 8 weeks 5 days.

So cute MrsTM! I was so excited when my girls rolled over to their backs... I sit with my camera and they don't budge and as soon as I put it away they roll right over.

No more babies for us. My husband thinks we would end up with twin girls again and I figure we would probably end up with triplets! After the stress of 30 weekers and the NICU experience, I don't think I could do it again.

Have been reading The Wonder Weeks. It is a great book that talks about why babies have cling, crying times at certain weeks. Sometimes called growth spurts, it tells you what they are learni g and how to help them through it. There are reasons for the Growth and associated behaviours and they have researched which weeks they are likely to occur so you can be forearmed. It has really helped me understand the current eight week behaviour. Highly recommend it.

I can't have no more.After i had Abby a month ago, I had a tubal ligation. It is reversible but i dont have $4,000 to get it reversed.

Don't think I updated here boden blu arrived on 3rd March via c section breast feeding was hard especially after c section and u gave up it broke my heart to stop but me and baby are definitely happier now. Exhausted but loving every second with my 3 boys and me and hubby are still in discussion if we are done and whether he should get snip or we should wait and leave the option for number 4 there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->