FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Thanks ladies. I haven't made contact since, but FIL just told us she's bought a bunny toy for Easter. We won't get it unless we visit in laws, which won't be soon, but I will have to say thank you either personally or via email I suppose...
Yes, I understand family and close friends saying 'our little baby'. Think it was the capitalisation that got me freaked. I'm just going to do as you say and minimalise contact. DH mentioned to his father is she obsessed. He didn't think it was a problem, so we'll just monitor the situation. Thanks for your responses ladies. :hugs:

My sister has drove me crazy since being pregnant, talking stupidly/touching to my belly - made me cringe!!! since their arrival she regularly referred to them as 'auntie nikki's special boys'... i tried to let it go but in the end i told her outright they are not her boys they are mine! She is far too over the top (is like that in general) and i dread being around her - but i feel obliged to ask her to be a godmother (i am to her 2 boys) which i do want her to be deep down but i know what shows on the surface will make her even more over the top and could potentially cause problems :wacko:

Oh I hadn't even thought about who should be godmother! Yikes. Too many good candidates. My husband's aunt is the only nearby female family, is actually religious and was amazing helping us through several days of labour and the first few days/weeks at home. But we both have sisters, and I am my best friends' childrens' godmother so maybe I should reciprocate?!

Izzie- First of all, I would be creeped out too. You might end up having to say something if she is someone who you'll cross paths with again.

As for antihistamines, they prescribed be Claritin and it doesn't work. I am going to ask the dermatologist today if I can do Zyrtec with Zantac, because I've been doing some reading and a lot of people with postpartum hives seemed to have success with that. But I still will want to get fully tested for allergies in case this isn't just a random postpartum thing. I want to be able to avoid triggers if at all possible. But I have a gut feeling it isn't an identifiable allergy and I'm not going to find an answer, just a way to cover up the symptoms. We'll see.

My baby LOVES sleeping on his belly. He's really strong, holding himself up with his arms a lot during tummy time, so we're encouraging that so he can figure out turning over asap and he can sleep however he wants! Ah I can't wait for the days when my baby sleeps through the night.

Melly we didn't know how best to work it - should we have 3 for each boy or should we have 6 to cover both.. so have opted for 6 for both, my sister, his sister, his 2 very good male friends and a couple who are our very good friends. Only the sisters and one of his friends will be around regularly the others live a distance away but we still want them to be apart of the boys lives as good role models x

Izzie, that'd creep me out too. I think you're making the right move by minimising contact.

Megan, that looks awful! I hope you get it sorted out! I've never heard of that, but postpartum issues can be pretty unexpected, I've found...

Last night I had AWFUL abdominal pain for hours, it was so bad I couldn't get up and move and my husband finally called the midwife. Apparently postpartum gas is common around this time and can be pretty debilitating. I don't know, it didn't feel like gas... it was worse than labour. But we did just eat a really gassy meal (tofu, broccoli, ginger, asparagus). I'm so paranoid about something happening that will prevent me from interviewing for midwifery school this Saturday!

Feronia I've been getting horrible abdominal pain for the last couple of nights too. It feels like gas for be but I can't pass any. The worst was Saturday night and we almost went to emergency but luckily it eased off. I was so scared about it happening again as I took DH to the airport yesterday, I really didn't want to experience that kind of pain whilst on my own with lo. It did come back last night but was a lot milder, I was thinking of booking an appointment to see me ob about it this week.

I see my midwife today so I assume we'll talk more about it. It was so bad I almost went to the ER as well, but I -really- didn't want to go to the ER with a newborn...
If I didn't have DH around I have no idea how I would have taken care of the kids while being in that much pain!

I stupidly cleaned our sink with CLR cleaner and despite wearing gloves, there is a red patch on my right hand, so I assume I got some in the glove :( if something like that happens, should I pump and dump? and if yes, for how many hours?

You'll be fine to feed as normal SurpriseBub. This is what Kellymom has to say:

"Cleaning Products (and other volatiles/solvents)

Things that are used on the skin or inhaled are rarely absorbed into the maternal bloodstream in significant enough amounts to reach the milk. For something like this to pass into the milk enough to affect baby, mom’s exposure would probably need to be to such an extent that she becomes very ill.

Anytime you’re using something with lots of fumes, it’s always a good idea to use lots of ventilation (open a door/window, use a fan) and minimize any skin contact (wear gloves, etc)."

Thanks, minibump! I couldn't find anything on kellymom on an initial sweep- really appreciate it! :)

Wow, sorry so many of us are having postpartum issues- you're right Feronia, these things can be so unpredictable. And I know gas pain, it can be ridiculously painful. I had Simethicone (I think the same as Gas-x) prescribed in the hospital for gas pain in my chest/shoulders (common after abdominal surgery) and it helped a lot.

So I went to the dermatologist this morning and he was extremely helpful. He is going on vacation for a month so for now, he prescribed me two different allergy meds (Allegra during the day and Atarax at night, which will make me and baby sleepy..) and he said since my hives are symmetrical, he suspects it is an external factor. He says I need to wash all my clothes in All Free & Clear, and minimize contact with elastic and latex. He thinks I have an allergy to latex/elastic/rubber. If I do, it certainly came out of nowhere. But, lots of foods are cross-reactive for latex, so this may mean I'd have to avoid things like avocados and bananas! Which really sucks. And I looked at some clothing labels today- basically everything that goes on your bottom half has latex!! No wonder my legs were breaking out the worst, and my butt cheeks were covered in hives and I quickly stopped wearing the stretchy panties and went to 100% cotton minus the waist band... now I have to see if I can find 100% cotton undies to include the waist. This really sucks but atleast it is an answer. I get a patch test in 4 weeks to find out for sure.

Argh, sorry Megan. :( I had a sudden allergy appear a few years ago that caused me to have full body hives for three days - turns out it was crabs. Apparently shellfish is the most common adult onset allergy. I hope you get confirmation soon, at least so you're not left wondering! And I hope the medications help a lot. I took a lot of corn starch baths for relief.

Feronia, that sounds very distressing :( I hope the midwife gives you some answers.

Oh ladies I'm sorry some of you are having issues! Lo has reflux and we are still getting her medication dosage right, ds has been poorly constantly and we are still in the middle of decorating/renovation xx

Thank you to whoever brought up the Wonder Weeks the other day. DH went back to work Sunday and that night she was like a different baby. All day Monday she was grouchy and clingy, being my first day alone with her I felt like it was all my fault and that I wasn't up to raising a little one by myself.

Then I read about the first development leap and it described her to a tea, and the dates matched too. she had a good sleep yesterday evening and woke up in such a good mood, and we got our first smiles! I hope she's out of it but honestly just having a reason for her behaviour made me feel so much better!

I bought The Wonder Weeks book too, Captain! I just need to find the time to read it now! ;)

Has anyone heard of or done 'Eat;, Play, Sleep' ? My brother swears by it, so I am going to read into it and see when it starts to work. For now I think it would be stressful (not to mention impossible) to do any kind of routine. Though to be fair Eat, Play, Sleep is a flexible routine.

I was the one talking about the wonder weeks book. Don't you just love it! Explains so much, so well. I have a library copy, but won't be able to have it indefinitely. Think I'm going to invest. Really helped me to understand the 8 week leap and how to help lo. Glad others found it useful too :happydance:

So today we had our weigh in. Lo has gained another lb in two weeks!

Anyway, lady asked how it was going and I told her how lo has learnt to roll front to back this week. After praising her, she then asked if we had baby proofed our home yet? Surely it is too soon for that? When did you do it and what did you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->