FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

I just had my 6 week check up. I have a 'mild' bladder prolapse :( dr expects it to improve somewhat in the next few months. I have leaked a few drops when sneezing, otherwise fine... but i think i knew it had happened. That is the price I pay for forceps, but I didn't really gave a choice with the baby in distress etc. And I would choose a mild prolapse over any risk to the baby...

Anyone else have/had this issue? I'm doing my kegels and already booked to see a urogynecologist to see if they have any advice. Ugh. Feeling pretty down right now.

We want one more bubba, then im definately getting sterillised. Have always wanted a big family, 4 is plenty, 5 will complete the dream. Not going to try though. Going to see what happens, and what will be will be :) xxx

Awww I'm sorry surprise :( My mom had a forceps delivery with me. About 5 years ago she had to have surgery for severe prolapse. They did have to do a hysterectomy, but she was 44. They did bladder reconstruction which was very effective. I hope yours isn't at that point, but just know worst case it's surgery but is very effective. They also can give pessaries to help things stay in place if it's not severe ;)

SurpriseBub, can you see a physiotherapist who specializes in pelvic floor issues? That's the best advice I've received. I feel like something is wrong down there -- I'm having a lot of uterine pain and sometimes it feels like something is hanging down, so I'm wondering if I have a mild prolapse. I'm scheduled to see a pelvic floor physio next week and my midwife will also assess me. Sometimes there are no symptoms, though, so I've heard that it's recommended to see a pelvic floor physio after childbirth no matter the type of birth or symptoms you have.

SurpriseBub, can you see a physiotherapist who specializes in pelvic floor issues? That's the best advice I've received. I feel like something is wrong down there -- I'm having a lot of uterine pain and sometimes it feels like something is hanging down, so I'm wondering if I have a mild prolapse. I'm scheduled to see a pelvic floor physio next week and my midwife will also assess me. Sometimes there are no symptoms, though, so I've heard that it's recommended to see a pelvic floor physio after childbirth no matter the type of birth or symptoms you have.

Im sorry you have the feeling something is going on too. It is a risk with any pregnancy and childbirth... though forceps did not help in my case! How did you find the physio? I have looked online but not seen any options. That is one thing I want to ask the urogynecologist about- thanks for the suggestion. :flower:

My reading today seems to suggest these things do improve in the pp months. And also when you stop breastfeeding and estrogen rises. I hope you are fine! Such a cliche thing to say.. but men get away so lightly.

I've also been feeling like something isn't quite right down there. I keep feeling pressure when standing after sitting and on the toilet. After reading about a bladder prolapse it does sound quite familiar? Sorry you're going through that Surprise, I hope it isn't too serious.

I've also been feeling like something isn't quite right down there. I keep feeling pressure when standing after sitting and on the toilet. After reading about a bladder prolapse it does sound quite familiar? Sorry you're going through that Surprise, I hope it isn't too serious.

I don't think mine is that bad, and the dr does think it will improve... It is just sad to have an ongoing issue. I was really bummed today, as although I had my suspicions, I was hoping against hope to be told all was great. I really hope I can work on it.

I hope you will be told all is fine, captain! Do those kegels, and if you suspect anything is off, I think feronias physio tip is definitely good advice. I hope being proactive will help me :flower:

Im sorry you have the feeling something is going on too. It is a risk with any pregnancy and childbirth... though forceps did not help in my case! How did you find the physio? I have looked online but not seen any options. That is one thing I want to ask the urogynecologist about- thanks for the suggestion. :flower:

My reading today seems to suggest these things do improve in the pp months. And also when you stop breastfeeding and estrogen rises. I hope you are fine! Such a cliche thing to say.. but men get away so lightly.

I'll let you know how it goes! My physio appointment is next Friday. I saw a physio while pregnant and it was super helpful for diastasis recti, but I haven't seen one yet for pelvic floor issues. One tip my midwife gave me was to go on hands and knees with your bum in the air and do kegals in that position twice a day.

I'll let you know how it goes! My physio appointment is next Friday. I saw a physio while pregnant and it was super helpful for diastasis recti, but I haven't seen one yet for pelvic floor issues. One tip my midwife gave me was to go on hands and knees with your bum in the air and do kegals in that position twice a day.

Good luck! I hope it goes well :) I will have to do more research to see if I have a local physio option

Sorry about all the pp issues ladies.

I've been told I have parted stomach muscles and need physio. Anyone else have this?X

smawfl, I believe that is the diastasis recti that Feronia is referring to. Big hugs, hopefully it's not too severe.

Yep, that's diastasis recti, smawfl. I had it really badly with my daughter (it was 4 finger widths) and was able to correct it down to a 1, but when I got pregnant again it got much worse. The physio taught me exercises to do to correct it and muscles to engage to not make it worse, and it worked! After my son's birth it wasn't bad and I was able to quickly get it back to under a 1. Just don't do any crunches or any activity that makes your abdomen dome out (like getting up from bed straight up without rolling over first). Anything that makes your abdomen dome makes the diastasis recti worse.

We definitely want another baby but after this crazy time, I need a couple years to recuperate! I don't know how people do it one right after the other.

Some of you on FB may remember I posted about a rash on my stomach. Over the past week it has spread to my entire body minus my face. It is insanely itchy and brutal. I have no new foods, medications, detergents or soaps, or anything I can think of before the rash began. I have never had allergies in my life except for the same reaction to sulfa drugs 4 years ago. So if this is an allergy, it is new. I am seeing a dermatologist Monday and hopefully being referred directly to an allergist. I know no one here can tell me what it is, I guess I just want to share my misery. Boo hoo. Lol.

But Lucas is great so that's the most important thing! Being a mom is awesome. It is getting better every day. <3

Attachments

• IMG_4653.jpg
    IMG_4653.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 4
Ouch Megan. Hope you find a solution soon. Maybe an antihistamine would help with the itching?

I've been worrying about an email someone sent me...am I overreacting?

When we went to visit my in laws, friends of theirs wanted to meet the baby. I had only met them once before, several years ago, so don't really know them. They cuddled her and seemed very nice. They have bought her a couple,of,outfits and said they wanted to spoil her as they only have one grandchild aged fifteen and can't really spoil her in the same way anymore. I have been keeping i. Touch with a few email pics. On Mother's Day I emailed them a pic of me and dd with my present. The woman emailed me back saying 'what a lovely picture of OUR baby'. Our being in capitals. It freaked me out. She is not theirs. Now I wonder if she is being obsessed, or am I just overreacting?

I am definitely weirded out by it....

I'd definitely be a little creeped out by it Izzie! I would just maybe distance yourself from them a little by sending less emails and see how things go? Maybe mention it to your in-laws if you can?

Well I've just taken DH to the airport, he's back to work :( Just me and Catelyn for the next three weeks...eek!!

Very weird Izzie, I think I'd just back off and not contact them again!

Megan, it really does sound like PUPPP - it usually starts in pregnancy but can start afterwards and it starts in stretch marks which yours did. If it is that, there's not a lot you can do but take antihistamines, use creams and wait for it to run its course. From what I've read it's pretty miserable so I hope you get rid of it soon!

I thought I'd escaped this pregnancy without stretch marks but I appear to have developed some now my bump has gone down. Gutted! :cry:

I agree with the backing off advice, izzie... But don't worry (I know you probably are if you are writing on here!) it is most likely just a bit of a dud joke that comes across badly... Ie. Harmless, but poorly thought out! I would just cut off contact and forget about it :flower:

Plenty of people in the more extended family have referred to the babies as 'ours', not in caps though, and it weirds me out every time! I don't think its intentionally creepy, just a bit over enthusiastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->