FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Glad to hear things sound better, captain :) ...though sorry the dr wasn't more helpful. Yay for pizza!

I have a Moby wrap which was great around the house, but a real Pfaff to put on anywhere else. We were sent an ergo carrier- it is amazing (currently with newborn insert) and will last until 24 months I think... with the insert it is $130 on amazon.com. I would definitely recommend getting one (and potentially saving in the long term if you skip a fabric wrap) :)

So sorry, captain, that sounds rough! :hugs: I'm going to echo what Rasp said -- don't feel guilty putting her down for a few minutes while you take care of yourself. A carrier is sooooo nice to have. Check out the FB group "Canadian Babywearing on a Budget" for carriers under $100. Little Frog also has seconds wraps that are pretty inexpensive: https://littlefrog.pl/eng_m_Outlet_2nd-Quality-328.html

I personally wouldn't want to drive 10 hours being sleep deprived with a newborn, but you know your own limits so do what you have to do!

PS: Ergos and Mobys don't really retain their resell value if you buy new, but Tulas, woven wraps, and ring slings do. So you'd spend more on one upfront (e.g. $150 for a Standard Tula) but gain that much back or more when you go to resell.

Hey all,

I'm sorry to hear about all the struggles we are having, but it makes me feel a bit better knowing it is happening to all of us....
I'm taking a lot of things personally when it comes to my sons development.
I worry about his weight gain (how well I'm feeding him), how well he is holding up his head ( if I'm doing tummy time properly with him), the shape of his head (if I let him favour laying on one side more), how often and how long he cries (am i reading and meeting his demands) etc. Everything seems to come back to what I'm doing for him and those things seem to get brought up a lot at his appointments and stuff.

Anyone else feel this way or have advice/reassurance?

We have the moby and the ergo as well, I prefer the moby but like Surprise said, they're hard to manage when you're out, to keep off the ground when you're trying to put it in, etc.

Captain, I second the suggestion that she come and get you. You need to eat!!! Even with my mum here, it has gotten to midday before I've eaten. But not a whole day!

I haven't been on here in ages, I just don't have time to get on my laptop much any more and I find it difficult to use on my phone. I hope everyone is doing well, I haven't stopped thinking about you all. I'll try and catch up as much as I can.
Myah is a month old now and is growing up too fast for my liking. She's pretty much outgrown her newborn clothes now and I got very teary yesterday getting her 0-3 month clothes ready!

DS is fast outgrowing sizes, too! He's already in 3-6 month clothes!! He went from 8 lbs 1 oz at birth to 11 1/2 lbs now at 5 weeks -- my daughter wasn't this big until she was about 4 months old (he's over half her weight already)! She's 27 months now and the two of them wear the same size pants!

Essentially, I had one tiny baby and one huge baby and there's no difference in feeding. I gained the same amount of weight both times, ate the same diet, and breastfed them both without issues. Some babies are just small and grow slowly, and others are the reverse, but as long as they're healthy that's what matters. I don't worry about either scenario.

Being so responsible for such a little person can be overwhelming for sure, wnt2be. try not to be too hard on yourself- your pediatrician will flag any issues. Instead of ruminating and driving yourself nuts, why not write down your worries and then review them before/at each check up? You are likely doing a wonderful job! The advice I am trying to follow is not to worry until someone tells me to :hugs:

I couldn't believe it when I packed up the newborn size stuff either, pens!

For carriers, I found a used mei tai for £16 (~24usd or ~30cad) and Eli LOVES it. He's up to 8lb 15oz and is following the 25th centile line perfectly.

16922263086_e4248db4f2_z.jpg
16760522638_be63cbef89_z.jpg

16760756690_83f7f0707f_z.jpg

Yes, very sad to be putting away the adorable newborn outfits!

The moby /similar - you can pre tie it as it's stretchy and just put baby in and out as required, way quicker than getting the pram out I think I'm going to get rid of the pram.

Izzie I'm sorry your dh isn't being supportive.
Xx

Thank you for the advice on the wraps and for all the kind words everyone.

Catelyn is four weeks old today! I agree it's so sad packing away all the newborn clothes already.

https://imgur.com/Oxj0mx1.jpg

https://imgur.com/q6gqmMO.jpg

OH MY GOD THAT SMILE!!!

I still haven't gotten a proper, definite smile yet. Both my mother and my husband claim to have gotten them. The little buggers are holding out on me!

OH MY GOD THAT SMILE!!!

I still haven't gotten a proper, definite smile yet. Both my mother and my husband claim to have gotten them. The little buggers are holding out on me!

Beautiful, captain!

Me either, melly. My husband gets big smiles! I am with her 24/7, so take it that I am just part of the general daily backdrop...

Lovely pics, captain! I haven't gotten a proper smile either, but DH has! I remember complaining to my midwife that my daughter wouldn't smile for me, only DH, and she said something like "well, dear, that's because she still thinks she IS you."
I'm trying to remember that this time because it makes me feel better. :haha:

This is the closest I've gotten on the left, but he wasn't really looking at me. It's probably directed at his silly sister. Mostly I get this one (on the right) like he's questioning why he's been brought into the world.

Attachments

• 1517387_1120072114685198_3723653839419484337_n.jpg
    1517387_1120072114685198_3723653839419484337_n.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 14
Everyone's babies are so gorgeous.
Your little one has so much hair Captain it's lovely! Myah had a decent amount of hair when she was born but now it's fallen out but only at the front! It looks like she's receding! :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->