February IVF Buddies!! 2nd Cycle. FET

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I've had some pretty bad nausea the past couple days... I hope it will get better as I just decreased my estrace dose back to twice a day instead of three times a day. And I started the dreaded progesterone shots tonight. Such a mental game sticking myself in my butt. I ice it before hand and I can barely feel it. But I definitely dont like the first couple days of it. Transfer is set for this next Thursday at 10am. And yes Eve, we will be transfer 2.

I did find out some bad news at my last appt. My clinic will be closing down. If this cycle doesn't work in have to transfer to a new clinic. Not sure how that will work for my frosties...

Eve and Miracle, any symptoms yet???

Oh no! That's a shame about your clinic. Does this mean you'll have to get a new FS? I'm sure they can transfer them somehow... Hmm.

Yay for a date set! I hope everything goes smoothly & you have some great embies.

No symptoms from me! Just normal me. Boobs hurt like they always do before AF / when I'm on progesterone. Nothing else. :)

That's sad that your clinic will close deep sea…

No symptoms at all… My boobs stopped hurting. I am getting really anxious and can't sleep. This is my last try… :wacko:
I did test my HCG last night at 7pm and the double lines were still there… not really dark but visible. It was exactly 10 days past my trigger shot, but I am using FRER and they are very sensitive, so I am sure is still the residual from the trigger…
Just have to wait until Friday when my test is schedule… :coffee:

How many days post transfer are you now? You'd be about 4? I can't believe the trigger is still there! That just seems so long to me! Maybe it's a positive for another reason? Hmm... I guess just keep testing until it starts getting darker or lighter? Or wait until Friday hehe:) my test isn't until next Monday, which is so annoying because I usually start to spot before hand as it ends up being 12dp5dt. So painful!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I've had some pretty bad nausea the past couple days... I hope it will get better as I just decreased my estrace dose back to twice a day instead of three times a day. And I started the dreaded progesterone shots tonight. Such a mental game sticking myself in my butt. I ice it before hand and I can barely feel it. But I definitely dont like the first couple days of it. Transfer is set for this next Thursday at 10am. And yes Eve, we will be transfer 2.

I did find out some bad news at my last appt. My clinic will be closing down. If this cycle doesn't work in have to transfer to a new clinic. Not sure how that will work for my frosties...

Eve and Miracle, any symptoms yet???

Oh no! That's a shame about your clinic. Does this mean you'll have to get a new FS? I'm sure they can transfer them somehow... Hmm.

Yay for a date set! I hope everything goes smoothly & you have some great embies.

No symptoms from me! Just normal me. Boobs hurt like they always do before AF / when I'm on progesterone. Nothing else. :)

That's sad that your clinic will close deep sea…

No symptoms at all… My boobs stopped hurting. I am getting really anxious and can't sleep. This is my last try… :wacko:
I did test my HCG last night at 7pm and the double lines were still there… not really dark but visible. It was exactly 10 days past my trigger shot, but I am using FRER and they are very sensitive, so I am sure is still the residual from the trigger…
Just have to wait until Friday when my test is schedule… :coffee:

How many days post transfer are you now? You'd be about 4? I can't believe the trigger is still there! That just seems so long to me! Maybe it's a positive for another reason? Hmm... I guess just keep testing until it starts getting darker or lighter? Or wait until Friday hehe:) my test isn't until next Monday, which is so annoying because I usually start to spot before hand as it ends up being 12dp5dt. So painful!

Today I am 4dp5dt. 11 days after my trigger shot. I tested tonight and the two lines are still there. Very visible… :confused: No lighter or darker than last night. All the same. I was reading and some women can have their trigger in the system as long as 14 days. Do you know when your trigger shot is normally out?

I don't have sore boobs or cramping!!! Nothing! Nada!

eveclo- That would be nice to have the same doctor beginning to end. Wouldn't it be ironic that you get pregnant now right before you move and you'd need a new doctor anyway! I hope that happens though because then it means you are pregnant!! I don't blame you for not testing. I tested early with my first ET and the second half of the wait was tortuous. My second FET was much more enjoyable because I was in pregnancy bliss. I will definitely go through things that way again. I'm officially anti-testing early (but of course support all the POAS-aholic's!!)

Deepsea- Sorry to hear your clinic is shutting down! Is there another one nearby? I'm sure they'll have a plan for your :cold: That's great that ET date is set. Only a few more days. I don't know how you do the PIO shots yourself. I didn't mind them, but hubs gave them to me. I never could've done it on my own. Way to go!!

Miracle- That's crazy if the hcg is still in your system from the trigger shot. Although I think I have heard that in some people it can last longer than 10 days. I just hope you have hcg in your system for a different reason!!

AFM- AF made it! I'm officially back in the ttc game :dance: For some reason I just feel completely optimistic that my lil bub is not far away from being real. I just have a sense of peace right now that I haven't had in a long time. I'm sure it doesn't mean anything but I'm going to enjoy it while its here.

eveclo- That would be nice to have the same doctor beginning to end. Wouldn't it be ironic that you get pregnant now right before you move and you'd need a new doctor anyway! I hope that happens though because then it means you are pregnant!! I don't blame you for not testing. I tested early with my first ET and the second half of the wait was tortuous. My second FET was much more enjoyable because I was in pregnancy bliss. I will definitely go through things that way again. I'm officially anti-testing early (but of course support all the POAS-aholic's!!)

Deepsea- Sorry to hear your clinic is shutting down! Is there another one nearby? I'm sure they'll have a plan for your :cold: That's great that ET date is set. Only a few more days. I don't know how you do the PIO shots yourself. I didn't mind them, but hubs gave them to me. I never could've done it on my own. Way to go!!

Miracle- That's crazy if the hcg is still in your system from the trigger shot. Although I think I have heard that in some people it can last longer than 10 days. I just hope you have hcg in your system for a different reason!!

AFM- AF made it! I'm officially back in the ttc game :dance: For some reason I just feel completely optimistic that my lil bub is not far away from being real. I just have a sense of peace right now that I haven't had in a long time. I'm sure it doesn't mean anything but I'm going to enjoy it while its here.

Haha- I'm hearing what you're saying! If only it were true. It would be so great to not need a new doc. I emailed the clinic in the new area that I'm moving to, and they said that I just need a referral & the doctor I will be seeing is the director of the clinic and has been Doing this for 25 years... So we'll see. I'm just going to meet with him & see if he can offer me something more or different. So that will probably be in late July- but we won't do another round of IVF until later this year or end of next year. Depending on whether or not we can save enough money for another round *sigh*!

I'm SO happy to hear that you are feeling at peace with yourself right now. This miracle isn't far away. I refuse to accept its game over for either of us. Sometimes you do need some time out, and that's what we will have for the rest of this year hopefully. :) maybe a holiday is due!!

How many eggs did you get on your ER htw? I'm hoping to up my dosage next time of gonal, and get a few more eggs than the crappy 7/5 mature. And then hopefully get a few more blasts!

Xx

Hello girls…. Thanks God I found this place to vent a little bit… I woke up this morning and of course… Tested again to see if my trigger shot was completely out! The second line faded out considerably from the last test and now is very light. I still can see it well but is faint… In the afternoon I can say I am 5dp5dt and I wish I could say this faint line was my real BFP. It sucks that my body metabolize the trigger so slow… 12 days to be completely gone… Really??? Getting closer to the finish line is so scary…](*,)

eveclo- Sounds like you'll be in good hands should you need them after your move! I'll still stay hopeful that one (or two!!) of your embabies stuck around this time. I had a lot at EC (24) but only 11 were mature enough to fertilize. Out of the 11 only 3 were good enough to freeze. So I didn't do great either :nope: So now I'm taking coQ10 to see if that helps with egg quality if that's the problem in the meantime. Hubs and I have a mini vacay planned in June (LA for a wedding) so it'll be good to get away. Have you planned anything??

Miracle- :hugs: It is so stressful to not know what's going on with your body! I hope the faint line is the start of your BFP! It's still really early after ET. FX!!!!

eveclo- Sounds like you'll be in good hands should you need them after your move! I'll still stay hopeful that one (or two!!) of your embabies stuck around this time. I had a lot at EC (24) but only 11 were mature enough to fertilize. Out of the 11 only 3 were good enough to freeze. So I didn't do great either :nope: So now I'm taking coQ10 to see if that helps with egg quality if that's the problem in the meantime. Hubs and I have a mini vacay planned in June (LA for a wedding) so it'll be good to get away. Have you planned anything??

Miracle- :hugs: It is so stressful to not know what's going on with your body! I hope the faint line is the start of your BFP! It's still really early after ET. FX!!!!

I've been taking coQ10 as well, how many mg's ?? I think my tablets are 150mg so sometimes I take two... Then some days just one haha. So sick of tablets blah!

That'll be great!! We haven't planned anything but I'm hoping to pop over to New Zealand to explore maybe at the end of the year, or possibly Thailand. We've been to Bali a few times as its not too far away, and that's a nice little get away but I want something new ;)

Miracle, yay finally that darn trigger is going! I can't believe how long it has stuck around. Now fingers crossed the BFP is coming :)

eveclo & Miracle, how are you gals doing? Testing yet?

I think that my trigger has gone...it was basically only slightly visible on a wondfo a couple of days ago and now I have all positive tests, including a FRER which has progressively darkened over the last 24 hrs. I can't really believe it, in fact I still don't. Terrifying.

Here are a couple of pics, hope they show up clear...

Attachments

• IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 13
3chords: Looks like a BFP to me! Congrats!!!! When is you beta?

eveclo- I've been taking 200mg of coq10 but I've been thinking of upping it to 300mg. But like you, I'm sick of all the meds! I'm so jealous of the neat places you have nearby to visit! I'd love to go to any of the places you mentioned! You should definitely plan a little getaway. I've been trying to think of a fun place to go this fall//winter if my acupuncturist thinks hubs and I aren't 'ready' to do IVF this fall. I always like going some place warm, but maybe I should plan a snowboarding trip instead.

3chords- Congrats!! I definitely see that line! When do you go for your beta? Fx for a nice strong result!!

Here are a couple of pics, hope they show up clear...

I can see a great line on that recent one! And I'm really bad at seeing lines so its definitely good! Yay! So happy for you. Can't wait to see how your beta goes.

eveclo- I've been taking 200mg of coq10 but I've been thinking of upping it to 300mg. But like you, I'm sick of all the meds! I'm so jealous of the neat places you have nearby to visit! I'd love to go to any of the places you mentioned! You should definitely plan a little getaway. I've been trying to think of a fun place to go this fall//winter if my acupuncturist thinks hubs and I aren't 'ready' to do IVF this fall. I always like going some place warm, but maybe I should plan a snowboarding trip instead.

3chords- Congrats!! I definitely see that line! When do you go for your beta? Fx for a nice strong result!!

We are super lucky! Bali is only about a 6 hour flight away, give or take. And super cheap! Have you been to Australia before? I recommend it highly ;) haha.

Snowboarding would be amazing! Where we are moving is about 2 hours away from the snow. I've never seen snow before except for on top of mountains in the distance, so I'm super excited! I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to pick up a snowboard or skis, I'm a bit unco. Haha.

Well, I hope you are 'ready' for ivf! I love following you girls' journeys !

Afm, 6dp5dt today and I'm not testing. No spotting which is good. Maybe a little cramping but only in the last 10 mins. Weird. Ill see if I have any spotting over the next few days. I'm not ready to know if its a negative yet. I liked your advice of staying in PUPO bliss. Although, it's not really bliss when you're so paranoid about what you're going to do next. Silly over thinking brain. Hehe

We are super lucky! Bali is only about a 6 hour flight away, give or take. And super cheap! Have you been to Australia before? I recommend it highly ;) haha.

Snowboarding would be amazing! Where we are moving is about 2 hours away from the snow. I've never seen snow before except for on top of mountains in the distance, so I'm super excited! I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to pick up a snowboard or skis, I'm a bit unco. Haha.

Afm, 6dp5dt today and I'm not testing. No spotting which is good. Maybe a little cramping but only in the last 10 mins. Weird. Ill see if I have any spotting over the next few days. I'm not ready to know if its a negative yet. I liked your advice of staying in PUPO bliss. Although, it's not really bliss when you're so paranoid about what you're going to do next. Silly over thinking brain. Hehe

Australia is definitely on my list of 'must sees'!!! I have a long list of those though and I keep spending all my money trying to make a baby :dohh: I need to go to Australia when I can take a couple of weeks off work to enjoy lots of time there!

It's always so weird to me that there are people who've never seen snow. I can't imagine life without it! I find it so peaceful and pretty when it's freshly fallen. You should definitely give skiing/snowboarding a try! I hadn't done either until I met husband. I think I was 22 when I learned. I'm not good by any means (I am super nervous and fall a bit) but it's kind of relaxing at the same time.

Good for you for not testing!! I found my second FET much more 'enjoyable.' I do think it was less stressful not seeing stark white tests. It didn't stop me from planning next steps either. I think it's just part of the process - always be prepared! :haha: I hope you won't even have to know about next steps. Have you decided if you'll test before your beta?

Australia is definitely on my list of 'must sees'!!! I have a long list of those though and I keep spending all my money trying to make a baby :dohh: I need to go to Australia when I can take a couple of weeks off work to enjoy lots of time there!

It's always so weird to me that there are people who've never seen snow. I can't imagine life without it! I find it so peaceful and pretty when it's freshly fallen. You should definitely give skiing/snowboarding a try! I hadn't done either until I met husband. I think I was 22 when I learned. I'm not good by any means (I am super nervous and fall a bit) but it's kind of relaxing at the same time.

Good for you for not testing!! I found my second FET much more 'enjoyable.' I do think it was less stressful not seeing stark white tests. It didn't stop me from planning next steps either. I think it's just part of the process - always be prepared! :haha: I hope you won't even have to know about next steps. Have you decided if you'll test before your beta?

Haha, I understand completely. We have spent so much money on trying to get pregnant, we forget about other things in life! Although we are lucky in Aus to have subsidized ivf, it's still $5000 out of pocket each time roughly which is still a big chunk of your savings when you have rent, food and other bills. I know America is even more expensive possibly 4 x over, so I can understand the financial hardship completely. So hard, we didn't choose this life!

I think I'll test on Sunday if I haven't had any other spotting. I have started spotting slightly today and I am 8dp5dt. So definately due for my period... If there's nothing more ill test on Sunday and then see how it goes.

Haha, I understand completely. We have spent so much money on trying to get pregnant, we forget about other things in life! Although we are lucky in Aus to have subsidized ivf, it's still $5000 out of pocket each time roughly which is still a big chunk of your savings when you have rent, food and other bills. I know America is even more expensive possibly 4 x over, so I can understand the financial hardship completely. So hard, we didn't choose this life!

I think I'll test on Sunday if I haven't had any other spotting. I have started spotting slightly today and I am 8dp5dt. So definately due for my period... If there's nothing more ill test on Sunday and then see how it goes.

Good morning girls! It's such a relief when I wake up and see you guys already have posted :) I don't think I could survive without this groups… I agree with both of you about the traveling thing… It would be good if we have some money left to travel… but with IVF… Not any time soon! I pay everything out of my pocket and IVF here in US is not cheap!!!
I woke up this morning and tested. My husband do not know I am testing, so I had to be fast … Hehehe… I looked at the test and saw no immediate line coming, so I came back to bed. 15 minutes later I came back to my bedroom to check and the second line is there. I think is darker than yesterday, but not as dark as I see other people on 8dp5dt. I hope this slow development of the line is not an ectopic or chemical… I wish you all a very nice day!

Miracle - we also pay out of pocket for everything except that the drugs were 90% covered. So we ended up about $8500 out of pocket for this fresh cycle. They haven't yet charged us for storage of the frosties, and I think that's like $400/year or something. We saved up for 2 full fresh cycles before starting the first one so I really keep praying it worked and then we can re-direct the cash to something nice like a vacation, etc. People who get pregnant without IVF just have no concept of the costs...can be so crazy.

Miracle, FX that this is the start of your BFP! Will you continue to test or wait for your OTD? My DH doesn't want me to test this time but I don't think I'll be able to hold out till the end...

I go in for my transfer in an hour! I haven't heard from my clinic on how my embryos defrosted so a little nervous on that end. Otherwise I'm pretty relaxed and ready to settle in for a long lazy weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->