February Love Bugs

Happy due date, redheadbabies!

For those who's LOs have arrived, how is everything going? We got home from the hospital 3 days ago and baby is a dream! So so perfect. Our real challenge has been our older kids who have been acting out a bit. It's to be expected but still frustrating. Once I can drive again and we can start falling back into our old routine, I think things will get better. I hope anyway!

Suprisingly our main issue with baby is that he's sleeping through the night last night he managed 8.5 hours I'm going to have to set an alarm to wake him for a feed.

Congrats on all the new arrivals!!

It's so hard to believe that we have a one month old as of today! Time is flying by. I'm still recovering from my c-section, and having a minor complication from the spinal. Pulsating/throwing pain from my lower spine that moves all the way up to my neck, radiates for a few minutes and stops. It comes as goes and isn't very pleasant. LO is doing great! I had to stop BF for personal reasons and he's taking the formula like a champ. He loves to eat and has gone from 6lbs 11oz to 8.5lbs in 4 weeks. We're having one feed before bed at around midnight, he'll wake about 4-4;30 and then sleep until 8. It's working well so far. My DS1 is adjusting quite well but still doesn't want to get too close to his new brother. The hardest part for me is not being able to lift DS1.

How are you all adjusting to having a new babe at home?

Cohen will be 3 weeks tomorrow. He was born 8lb 6oz. Dropped to 7lb 11oz and is now 8lb 14oz. Little chubby monster.

He was 4oz every 4 hours. Plus before 8pm and 8am feeds has half hour of boobie too (but only 3oz milk)

I love being a mummy again

Halle is almost 4 weeks now. We breastfed for 2 weeks but unfortunately had to stop due to her weight gain being very minimal and it was causing me to really stress and panic over it.
My others were formula fed so barely lost any weight. Halle lost 12 Oz in the first 5 days and is now only just over her birth weight at 3+4 weeks!
I'm so gutted about it but happy she is now gaining. She was the perfect baby to breastfeed. Perfect latch, no nipple pain at all. But she would go 4-5 hours between feeds which was worrying.
I really miss the extra bonding we got while feeding though. Makes me wish I'd have tried it with my others now.
Other than feeding issues she's an angel. Her brothers and sister are constantly doting on her. She has fit really well into our family life. It's like she's always been here!

So there's 7 hrs left of February here in the UK, don't think Baby will be making an appearance this month after all!

Hi ladies sorry I've been so quiet. My little Harry has had a rough time of it. We ended up with a 17 day stay in hospital. He had bronchiolitis but because he was only 9 days old when he got it it was really bad, his lungs partially collapsed and he's couldn't breathe properly on his own. But he he was strong and got through it and we've now been home a few days. He's so much better now. It honestly was the hardest time of my whole life! So glad it's over with. Can't believe he's going to be 5 weeks on wedesnday! Hope your all doing well and babies are been good!

Omg that's awful :cry: poor baby. I can't imagine how had that was for you. So happy he's home and feeling better!

Hope he feels better. My February love bug arrived today, 12 days late! Full head of dark curly hair so cute

Hi ladies sorry I've been so quiet. My little Harry has had a rough time of it. We ended up with a 17 day stay in hospital. He had bronchiolitis but because he was only 9 days old when he got it it was really bad, his lungs partially collapsed and he's couldn't breathe properly on his own. But he he was strong and got through it and we've now been home a few days. He's so much better now. It honestly was the hardest time of my whole life! So glad it's over with. Can't believe he's going to be 5 weeks on wedesnday! Hope your all doing well and babies are been good!

So glad he's doing better. We had the same thing with our smaller twin. Bronciolitus and was airlifted to a special children's hospital and was on a ventilator for a few days. Such a horrible scary time isn't it. That was when they were 2 weeks old, they are 6 weeks now and have been doing really well. They have another cold though at the moment so I'm terrified of it happening again :(

So glad he's doing better. We had the same thing with our smaller twin. Bronciolitus and was airlifted to a special children's hospital and was on a ventilator for a few days. Such a horrible scary time isn't it. That was when they were 2 weeks old, they are 6 weeks now and have been doing really well. They have another cold though at the moment so I'm terrified of it happening again :(

Hope your little ones are ok now Hun it is so so scary!!! Big hugs.
So are all the babies here now?? How is everyone coping? Lack of sleep? Harry slept 5 hours straight for the first time last night! Normally wakes every 2 hours! He was 6weeks old yesterday x

Cohen seems to sleep well until his feed at 3am then doesn't really settle well so it's a long day for me

My little one will be one month tomorrow! She's already fitting into 3 month clothes :shock: she has her one month check up tomorrow so I'm excited to see how much she weighs.
Sleep could be better. She wakes every 2 hours right now. I go back to work next week so crossing my fingers for a miracle and she starts sleeping longer stretches this week!

My little one will be one month tomorrow! She's already fitting into 3 month clothes :shock: she has her one month check up tomorrow so I'm excited to see how much she weighs.
Sleep could be better. She wakes every 2 hours right now. I go back to work next week so crossing my fingers for a miracle and she starts sleeping longer stretches this week!

Back to work?!?!?!?! Oh my days I couldn't think of this right now

My LO is growing like a weed as well! He turned 1 month on the 14th. He's nursing like a champ (first time I've been successful with breastfeeding :happydance: ) wearing 3 month clothing already which he's almost to long for :dohh: nights are hit or miss on how well he sleeps. Usually he wills nurse around 8 or 9 and then sleep till 12 or 1 and then it's about every two hours for the rest of the night until about 7am when I am up for the day with my other two.

Mommytobe11 did you want to go back so soon or did you have to? I have 4 more weeks until I go back and I'm dreading it already.

Back to work?!?!?!?! Oh my days I couldn't think of this right now

Good ol' US of A :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"