***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

Oooo Rach you gonna go before me lol :).
Iam bouncing like mad on the ball i want to get the pains going again, The pink loss is deffinatley a good sign guess MW could be wrong but eeekkk 3-5 days how exciting xxx

I'm still not convinced. lol.

I found this article on Full Moon:

I don't understand the last paragraph though. What range of days?

Did you know that some maternity units actually have more staff available during periods of full moon?

I've always been fascinated by the moon's effect on nature, so when a friend's wife conveyed to me what her midwife had told her during the birth of their daughter, I decided to find out more about childbirth, full moon and a possible link.

On speaking to various medical staff involved in natural childbirth, the first thing I learned was that expectant mothers often experience false signs of labor during full moon.

Contractions known as "Braxton Hicks" -- sometimes noticeable to the mother and sometimes not -- become more pronounced and many travel to the maternity unit in the belief that "it's time". Disappointed -- or perhaps relieved -- they return home, the pains having subsided and with no dilation of the cervix.

While these expectant mothers visiting the clinic with their mistaken signs of labor are part of the reason why extra staff are needed, the major difference is found in the number of women whose amniotic sac -- the water -- breaks.

Just as some women experience false labor pains, in cases where the water breaking marks the start of childbirth, full moon is the time when it's most likely to happen.

In order to discover for myself whether this could be true, I asked several female friends how their births had started. Those who responded with "the water breaking" were then asked the date of the birth. On checking this against a moon phase chart, I discovered that almost all had given birth on, or very close to, a full moon.

The theory is that the moon's gravitational pull effects the amniotic fluid in much the same way as it effects the water in the sea, rivers and even the water that's otherwise found in our bodies.

As a woman's body prepares for natural childbirth, the amniotic sac becomes distended so the point where it will easily burst if put under pressure. Under normal circumstances, the pressure of labor contractions bursts the sac. During a full moon, the pressure caused by the moon's effect on the water inside the sac can cause the same things to happen, but without the accompanying contractions.

When this happens, natural childbirth doesn't always move forward and with no other signs of labor present, the obstetrician may decide to induce the birth. During my own study of this phenomenon I found that of 8 women whose births started with the water breaking at full moon, 5 of them had no accompanying contractions.

A coincidence? Perhaps. But surely midwives wouldn't prepare themselves for an increase in natural childbirth activity if there wasn't some truth in this?

One midwife told me that when it comes to planning childbirth, full moons should always be looked for around the time of the expected delivery. If there's one within a few days either side, the chances are your baby will be born on that day.

had growth scan yesterday and he is measuring small especially his abdomen, anyone had this?
we have another scan at 36 weeks in 2 weeks to check and consultant going to check and explain then so for now we are left to worry as he is bang on the bottom line of the chart :(

hey everyone, taking a break from frantically cleaning to see if any babies were born.

Good to see everyone getting signs. I had a few painful bh this morning and have been losing lots of mucusy discharge all day.
My midwife called me this afternoon too as she was worried I wouldn't make it to my 38 week appointment and wanted to check in etc lol

I have a growth scan and consultant appointment tomorrow morning so hopefully might get some answers.

hope everyone is well.

oh and btw, my water broke on a full moon with dd1 and then labour started a few hours later.

Oooo come on tonight full moon some 1 gotta go lol next one after tonight is 3rd of feb i already checked and i refuse to wait that long lol. xxx

I actually don't want to this baby to come on 3rd Feb.

OH told me last night that his Nan died on that date, and it makes sense now why his mum seems odd about the date.

It is weird how the full moon effects things. God knows how, but at work and on a full moon there was always a lot of weird jobs, and defo more psychiatric ones.

I've just been on a really long walk. My body is all tingly! I've not done that much exercise for ages.

KNS, did the sonographer say anything today about the length of abdomen? x

Actually Franki hasnt been on much today............I wonder how she is? x

well i've been asking a few midwives i know and they have all said it may slightly affect the birth rate but not so noticable that they would have to get more staff in or do extra shifts or anything drastic. they did say though that when women KNOW its a full moon they go to hospital a lot more 'readily' than they may on certain other days as they sort of convince themselves that 'this is it' etc... hmmm

when is the full moon anyway? xxx

hmm definately wont be me going into labour then lol! i cant tell my body isnt ready i'm sure i have at least a week before anything happens!

good luck to those of you that are showing signs!!!!!!!

Tonight hun so get ready its probably just a myth but hey we should all be ready lol . xxx

With my DD I had no symptoms up until the day I went into labour.

I have just been in the shed and felt really wet between the legs. So I put my hand down my trousers just to see how wet it was and when I brought my hand out I had a big lump of jelly on my hand. lovely. lol. x

Oh rachael sounds like your on your way good luck :hugs:

I really enjoyed my walk today, it cleared my head I don't feel as hormonal lol xx

ooh its getting exciting now keep coming on and everyone is having signs .

i keep thinking my girl is gonna come on valentines day ..i dkw i just have a feeling

well nothin happened with me lol how boring..im thinking late next wk though.

No signs for me either...there were loads a few weeks back but it's all gone quiet now. Though bubs was 3/5s engaged, nothing more since then! Out of interest how long should I bounce on my ball for? Especially as I can't do lots of walking anymore now that I'm on crutches?

Ooh I wonder how Franki is getting on? xx

pains every 18 mins more intense than last night but not horrific so god knows whats going on just bouncing on the ball hoping i dont get knackered and baby dont get knackered and it all stop again xxx

oooh mummy madness fingers crossed..im defently goin to get a exercise ball today lol

she keeps punchin my vagina and cervix and it kills sometimes im almost cryin iv had enough now im 37wks today so feel free to come out emma!! lol my belly is almost always sore bh are gettin stronger to..hopin its doin something to my cervix

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->