February Lovebugs of 2016!! 16 pink, 15 blue, 7 yellow

Hey Ladies! Hope you are all doing well. We are home from the hospital now. Still pretty sore but doing better.

Sending labor vibes to all you ladies who still waiting for your LO's to arrive. Fx'd they make their appearance soon!

Elijah Joesph 2/12/16 12:08 p.m 7 lb 6 oz 19.5" long

1st is minutes after he came out...our first meeting.

2nd is 2 days old, one of my 3 Valentines <3

:dust: to ladies still waiting the LO's :)

Attachments

• DSCF3500.jpg
    DSCF3500.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF3606.jpg
    DSCF3606.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 9
Jax - I hope the soreness goes quickly! Good luck settling into the new routine (if you can call it that :haha:)

Mrs - he is just perfect! Congratulations!!

So doesn't seem like we've had any Valentines babies?!

AFM - it's been an odd few days. My tummy has been having a proper clear out since Saturday. I even thought it was a stomach bug, but it just goes on and on with no other symptoms. So I assume it's a pre-labour thing :shrug:
Also since I woke up this morning tummy has been rock hard constantly with some weird pains. Not contractions like I've had with my daughter, just a constant feeling of being sore! But there's no break. So I'm assuming it's just baby taking an awkward position and some BH.

Still, can't be long now!

Induction has been booked for next Wednesday 24th! Although I have to see my consultant in two days to discuss the possibility of bringing that date forward because of baby's size. He was 9lbs at 38 weeks so the thought of getting to almost 42 weeks is a scary one :shock: Hopefully I'm one of those people whose growth scan estimate was really out of whack and he ends up coming out an average 7 pounder :haha:

Looks like my leap year baby will definitely be a February baby as i'm booked in to be induced on Monday 22nd at 39 weeks due to baby's large size and my high fluid level. I've been induced twice before but only past my due date so i'm a little nervous but I feel a lot better knowing I won't have to go 2 weeks overdue this time, this pregnancy has been hard work! Congrats to the ladies who have had their babies recently and lots of labour vibes for those still waiting :flower:

All these babies are so gorgeous :)
Im still waiting, 6 days over now. Have to go in to get monitored on thursday, just as a precaution, hoping i will get a scan so i can see him again. And then if nothing happens by monday 22nd then they will induce me. Hoping like hell that it doesnt come down to that but atleast i have a end date.
Acupuncture didnt work for me last week but gettin a pregnancy massage and acupuncture this Thursday to try again.
Had 2 stretch and sweeps now but not dilated at all so it was kinda pointless.
Arrrrr so over it!!! And getting people all the time "being nice" txting to ask how i am doing. Leave me alone people!!!
Midwife gave me some clarey sage oil so got a tissue with it on it down my bra, had a bath with it last nyt and hot hubby to massage my back with it. Feel like im taking a million pills each night to try and help things along but seems like a waste of time. Sorry for ranting :p

Is my Internet malfunctioning or is it really this quiet around here?
C-section scheduled for tomorrow morning. I'm so ready!

We are either waiting for labor/induction or busy with new baby!

Me, just lurking. No idea when I'll go.

GL at your c-sec tomorrow Red

Waiting on labor to take off... Been bouncing on my ball all evening trying to get/keep contractions going... Getting frustrated! :nope:

Red - good luck for the section!

In case anyone isn't a member of the Feb Mummies thread: Theodore (Teddy) Alexander was born on Feb 16th (16.2.16!!) weighing 8lb14. He made his mummy suffer but is worth every second of the pain!!! We are home already, trying to adjust to life as a family of 4 :cloud9:

Evelyn Kay was born this morning, 2/18/16 at 7:05. Mom and baby are doing great!

Congratulations Red and Maria!

We've been home a couple of days too, but things were really hectic at first. Little bug has been hungry almost every hour despite his large size and BFing has been really hard. The midwives were very aggressive about exclusive BFing, but my little bug was not feeding properly and was crying around the clock, until the pediatrician stepped in and prescribed supplementary formula because of excessive weight loss. I barely got 2 hours of sleep for the first 5 days straight! Things have been better since, but I'm still feeling a bit like a let down for being unable to BF properly. He has a touch of jaundice too and we're going back to re-check his levels every couple of days... But other than that, hubby and I are both crazy in love with him. We are now getting the hang of it a bit more and scrounging an extra couple of hours of sleep, hehe. But I just couldn't imagine how much my days would fill with worrying about this perfect little creature and admiring him.

Recovery from the c-section was also brutal the first couple of days, but at the one week mark today I feel practically back to normal, so that's good. How is everyone else doing? Who's still expecting? Looks like NennaKay, rollachick, Buttercup84, SpudsMama... Anyone else?

:hi: still here too

I am glad that you are healing well from the c-sec. Things will swing into rhythm soon, sounds like it's been a crazy time! :hug:

Quantea: a similar thing happened with Dorian and me. He lost 13% of his birth weight, and I had to supplement with formula for the first 10 days or so. For a while, we were going in every day for a weight check but at 2 weeks, he was above birth weight! It took a good 5-6 days for my milk to come in, too, so longer than normal. Dorian takes his sweet time nursing, too, so the LC said to limit him to 15 minutes per breast and then feed pumped milk. So my cycle is: bf, feed bottle of breastmilk, change diaper, pump, sleep, repeat. I found that pumping after feeding boosted my supply a lot, which has helped with cluster feedings he has started with. Don't feel bad; just keep working at it. And remember, any breast milk is better than no breast milk.

Baby spam for you ladies:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1
Congrats to all the new mamas!

I'm still expecting but not for much longer!! :happydance: My waters started leaking this morning and literally have not stopped gushing ALL day! :wacko: It's taken a long while for contractions to start but I've been getting them, albeit irregularly, for a few hours now. Hoping to get some sleep before the really tough ones kick in and we have to dash to hospital! If I'm still pregnant in the morning they're going to induce because of the risk of infection :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->