February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

I think I've been lucky, no heartburn! I did have one episode early on but that was it!! Of course...it could always sneak up on me!! LOL.

Last night we went to Trivia again and our team won, again!!! We won two weeks ago, then last week it was like...Trivia for Mensa or something (ridiculously hard!!!), and then again this week! So we got another 50$ gift card - free food for next time!!

Got a couple books in the mail yesterday that we ordered - Changing Diapers (which is all about cloth diapering) and The Best Homemade Baby Food on the Planet. Figured I would start researching now!!!

What else? Today is the Duck Duck Goose sale...another consignment sale. I didn't really want to go without Dh but his cousin said there are some great items so I may. We'll see.

Actually John Hopkins (i dont know if its a hospital or if its a college/university :dohh:) confirmed that having large amounts of acid reflux/heart burn is not a myth. Obviously there are exceptions to every rule, so just because you get hearburn doesn't mean its fact for you, but statistically the study proved thats its true for most.

The academic article is here:
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi...+8+Oct+from+10-14+BST+for+monthly+maintenance

but the easier one to read, the overview is here:
https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/318037/pregnant_mothers_with_heartburn_can.html?cat=25

I found it interesting, but as i said this isn't going to be true for everyone!

Oh and I worked it out today that I am actually only at work for another 60 days!! hoorah!! 12 weeks @ 5 day weeks until I finish for maternity!! wow that doesnt seem very long now!!

I have opted to take my paid holiday time for next year first so I get 5 weeks full paid then start my maternity leave at the beginning of feb!! ooohhh doesnt sound long now!! sooo excited!!

and only 9 days until my gender scan!! eeaaakksss!!!!

sooo cant wait!!

I drink Lemonade in gallons!!! That is why my husband thought I was having a girl. lots and lots of lemonade!!!
I didn't get heartburn until late in pregnancy last time. I guess it could go either way with the hair then hu girls?
Is tums not ok? I thought they were ok plus they have added calcium which I always need so I lived on them. Just wondering why you would not take it?
I think I am going to start registering online for walmart and babierus or target. I was thinking it would be good in case someone wants to buy us a Christmas gift too to have it done early just my thought.

I drink Lemonade in gallons!!! That is why my husband thought I was having a girl. lots and lots of lemonade!!!
I didn't get heartburn until late in pregnancy last time. I guess it could go either way with the hair then hu girls?
Is tums not ok? I thought they were ok plus they have added calcium which I always need so I lived on them. Just wondering why you would not take it?
I think I am going to start registering online for walmart and babierus or target. I was thinking it would be good in case someone wants to buy us a Christmas gift too to have it done early just my thought.

You may as well! I have my registries pretty much done. But my showers are in Nov and Dec!

Happy 19 weeks, mango day geogem.. due date buddy.. :) My scan is in 7 days.. but not finding out gender.. :) staying team yellow here.. but excited to see peanut..

I have been researching bfing against ffing.. as i ff my dd and would love to try to bf this time around..trying to research costs etc.. there is so much info on the internet though.. anyone know of any good books or a good website that may make the decision easier.. lol

I don't know of any good books but I do know that any amount of BFing you can do it great for the baby, burns 500 calories a day and it's FREE!!

I have been doing alot of research on bf too i really want to do it due to cost reasons but not sure if i can due to some tablets they gave me when i delivered logan. This tablets have alot of side effects but i was so drugged up i didnt know what i was taking :(

tums are my friend!!! and occasionally when they don't work I will take some famotidine (its on my list from my doc of things I can take)

I can't imagine drinking lemonade though! That is like my worst offender - the last time I drank some I had heartburn so bad that all I could do was lay there and cry..

I get another scan on Monday since they didn't get pictures of everything they wanted when they did the anatomy scan a couple weeks ago. Best part about twins is getting to see them all the time - makes every doctor's appointment exciting to go to lol

well not sure about books that have the pros and cons of each, but i do know there are way more pros to BFing than FFing, but it really depends on the person! Its def WAY cheaper to BF! If you are looking for books strictly on BFing, i can suggest those to you, but i dont know any in the way of FFing.

Tobaria, lucky! i want more scans! :brat: lol

Finally! I got Elliots room painted compltly! :dance: i just have to wait for it to dry and take the tape down. :thumbup:

Would love to hear them guppy... I dont know much about bfing so would love to get some good info on it :)

off to check my stack out :haha: i have about 8 million birthing/pregnancy/BFing/Vaccination/Parenting books...:blush: ....my excuse is that im working in the birth world lol...brb.

okay, the following books i have read, they are great books, and i know the are reputible because they were a requirment reading for me to become a child birth educator as well as a DONA Doula :thumbup:

1.) The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League International. Get the most updated one for the best info :thumbup:

2.) Breastfeeding Made Simple (Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers) by Nancy Mohrbacher and Kathleen Kendall-Tackett.

The next book i will offer you was not on the required list but i thought it was an easy read, down to earth (sort of commical) and very informative book :thumbup:

3.) Breastfeeding Sucks (What to Do When Your Mammaries Make You Miserable) :haha: its actually a great book lol. its by Joanne Kimes

One last thing, i HIGHLY recommend any of you that are thinking of BFing (even if you havn't made your mind up yet, or are unsure if you want to BF or FF) BE SURE TO ATTEND ONE (OR MORE) LA LECHE LEAGUE (LLL) MEETINGS IN YOUR AREA!!! It is seriously one of the best things you can do and pregnant women are welcome! Here is their site, you can probably find your local LLL there :thumbup:

https://www.llli.org/webus.html

My nurse said Tums are fine - and a good source of calcium! :thumbup: So I've been taking them as needed, but sticking to the guidelines on the back on the bottle. :)

La Leche League provides lots of helpful insight on BF, but there's not one very local to me, so I'm just using the info my sister has given to me. lol. May also take a free course or two, since they're all over the place at various clinics here. Just to better prepare myself.

I want my BabyLegs to ship. My payment is still 'processing' but according to FB, that's not an issue and they should process them all today and ship all by Friday? I hope so! I'm impatient! :brat: :haha:

Work has sucked royally today. Ugh.

Er, well the closest LLL is about 30 miles. I've been considering it, but I'm not sure I can make it from work to the meetings on time. :/

usually they are cool with showing up late :thumbup: i would just call your local LLL Leader :thumbup:

Sorry you had a sucky day :( No fun!
Yes the class will def. help. Even though i have a very rare issue and only make less than 10% of the babys milk, im still glad i went. Plus by the time you leave the hospital you will be a pro at BFing :) But if you still have questions most hospitals have lactaction consultants, and of course there is wic. You can go the the LCs at the hospital even if you didn't deliver there.

Elliots room is all painted! My mom is giving me my nephews crib but she is back home in PA, so i wont be getting that for a while, but once the paint is dryed completly, im going to add the curtains and everything :D
(The green tape is still on the outlets in some of the pics :blush:) The paint is still tacky so it might look funny in the pics and the lightening is strange. The colors are tan, burgundy, and choc. brown :thumbup: Dont mind all of the crap :blush:

Attachments

• IMG_1153.jpg
    IMG_1153.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1154.jpg
    IMG_1154.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 2
Aw it looks great Guppy! Nice job! :thumbup: And thanks for the tips! I will contact the LLL leader, see how she feels about if I'm a few minutes late. I know my sister went for awhile, but it was really local to her. With how far out of the way the meetings are from my house, it'll be difficult, especially when I lose my income. But if I can get to one or two now, just to mentally prepare myself, I think it would be worthwhile!

Speaking of losing income, I also have to figure out how, if at all, I will be able to WAH when the baby arrives. :brat: My brain is overwhelmed.

:hugs: do you have any type of work lined up? I wish i could work from home! At least make a little extra income. Even though i am a SAHM, we literally live pay check to pay check so it would be nice to have some extra spending money, not that its not worth the forefit, bc i am very thankful to be able to SAH, but we do miss out on a lot at the same time. Anywho, ive been trying to find a kiddo to babysit, but not having any luck...boo haha

the meetings (at least here) are only one time per month, so that will be helpful for you in that you wont waste the gas money

&Thank you! :D

Currently, no. I cannot work my present job from home, though I wish I could as I could make it work, but they won't permit it (they being corporate). I work mostly from a computer, but they find it necessary that someone is physically present. I can't find it possible to leave my 6-week-old with a complete stranger for childcare; I admire people who are able, but I just... can't bring myself to do it. So the plan is for me to be a SAHM, but I need to figure out some way to make money if possible. Doesn't even need to be a lot, but I'm the insurance-carrier so that's going to be the biggest blow - finding independent insurance.

It's so overwhelming. I'll gladly surrender eating out, girlie shopping trips, etc. for being home with my baby. But paying the insurance monthly is what is going to kill. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->