February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

It must be because they sold out, because I can no longer find the football or baseball ones either. Guess their sale was a huge success! LOL

OH wait, found the baseball, but not the others. lol. Ah well, whatever; I loooove the ones I got. :dance: most of which are now sold out, craaazy!

I have gone to the chiro a few times. I went after I had Tony (DS2) and my spine has all of the curves backwards pretty much. But surprisingly enough my measurements on the graph (with the bars on each side) are not too far off!!

It's interesting hearing all the insurance talk. I'm in the US. The only time I've talked to Canadians about their insurance they were saying it's great for basics but that lots of people come down to the US for speciality care like difficult surgeries because sometimes it can be harder to get under a national system like Canada's. Here in the US it is so varied based on what your employer does or doesn't do. My employer offers a plan that's pretty expensive for employees (although they have other benefits that make up for it), but DH's employer has several plan options at a variety of price points and coverage, which was really nice. When I called in to check on our plan they said that almost anything with a standard birth is covered, although if Baby needs extra care after that'll be different. I'm really grateful for the coverage we have, although I'm still saving some in case of unexpected expenses!

I'm just wondering...do you have an insurance package in the US that covers plastic surgery? Or is it all medical related only?
Here in the UK you can get certain plastic surgery on the NHS if it affects you health in some way. Like you can get a breast reduction if your boobs are bigger than a certain size and cause back problems.

I had an amazing dream last night. I dreamt I gave birth to my little princess. She was absolutey gorgous. Liam was amazing with her. Absolutel adored her. I had my wonderful home birth and breast feeding went perfectly well. Really hoping this dream comes true!!

Awww, sounds like a great dream! Don't you love dreams like that... they give you that warm and fuzzy feeling all day. :)
I haven't really had any dreams about Crumb yet... It sounds crazy, but I think I'm still too surprised that I'm pregnant! I'm only just starting to think about what it will be like when s/he gets here. :)

For plastic surgery, some things are, or can be, covered - probably depending on the insurance you have, etc. I know a girl who got a medical breast reduction (for back problems) and her insurance covered it. I also know a girl whose insurance covered a nose job because something about a sports injury that broke her nose and she had difficulty breathing because of how it healed? I forget the details.

I also know women who are breast cancer survivors who had their breasts removed, and then their insurance would cover for a breast augmentation so they could have breasts if they choose to undergo the surgery. They had to go within reasonable means (same size as pre-surgery I believe) and there were limitations, but many women who had the option (who I've encountered) accept the offer.

I don't know specifics, only what people tell me from their experiences, but certain things can be covered - just a matter of getting your insurance company to agree on what's "worthwhile and necessary" and what is not.

^basically WSS. It really highly depends on your insurance. Most insurances will cover it if there is a true medical need (like how she was saying the one girl couldn't breath due to a nose injury, so they fixed it).But most of the time they will refuse to cover any of it if there isnt a real medical issue. There may be riders for purely cosmetic surgery or something, but youd probably pay an arm and a leg for it (beyond your regular insurance). It really just depends.

....insurance is outragious here....i know ppl dont like the NHS, but i think about how much i pay for insurance to get just standard care and i would love to not be in debt over just taking DS to see his doctor (we dont go every few months like they recommend because we have to pay so much!) or for me to go see my endocrinologist. ...its about $60 every time i see him and its about another $40 to get my bloodwork done....its so expensive and its not even really specialized care :nope: We have to pay $600 per month just in premium alone. Then each family member has to spend $400 off the top of the kitty before insurance even pays a penny. After that we have to pay 20% of every bill until each person in the family has gotten to $1500. If we have to go the ER, its $100 that does not go towards our deductable or coinsurance. Its $100 every time, no matter what, and you dont get credit for it :nope: That is wicked expensive and as i said, most times the care we receive is just standard care, like preventative care. Its not specialized or anything like that..i would kill to have that free even if it wasn't "the best care"....because even here we dont get the best care....

The NHS is a fantastic idea, and for the most part works quite well but there are some times that waiting lists and lack of funding means it fails. Def is nice to have the option of not having to pay insurance/private fees though.

Saw the midwife today, all was fine, not much to report...Which I suppose is a good thing :thumbup:

Wow...same page we were on last night!! Shocking!

Had my first pregnancy class today - Bundles For Babies on base - free! The information was catered to military families and what we have to do to get baby on our insurance and all that good stuff. At the end we got a bag Full of stuff!! All Gerber stuff - socks bibs, onsies, sleepers, burp clothes, etc etc etc!!!!

I understand your frustrations, Guppy. It drives me nuts as well; US healthcare is just ridiculous. Right now I pay about 250 a month for insurance, but that'll go up to at least 500 if I'm not working or cut back to parttime. On top of the insurance fees, though, I've gotten the wonderful luxury of paying at least 600 in bills for the baby already. Which hey, she's entirely worth it but it's frustrating! Supposedly I'll pay less than that, though to have her so I'm keeping my FX that they're right about that one. :haha: I still need to wait for the bills to arrive for my last set of bloods, the anatomy scan and then the upcoming GT test. Once those three pass, I shouldn't have any big bills until delivery, so long as things remain quiet. Knock on wood! lol!

But I'm grateful for good healthcare even if I pay a limb for it, so I try to keep my complaining to a minimum as I do like my doctors and look forward to having a private room post-birth! :haha: The little things keep me going. ;)

Oh boy! I am trying to catch up but I don;t think I can respond to all you ladies from being away :( Congrats on the new pink and blue bumps!!!

Welcome to who is new lol.

We had a nice weekend at the largest yard sale but way too much rain. I did buy some super cute dresses and I got an entire crib set eyelit/ lace w tea roses for $40 her ticket from the store said $250 so :happydance: and those of us with kiddies already know you do not use that stuff anyway just looks nice before the baby comes lol.
I also got a swing for $20 it's light green but I need 2 one for my salon and one for home so it will do and it was in great shape.

I hope all are doing well and I am going to go read back a little.

Kelly- glad your appt went well!

JP- that class sounds very helpful! Nice!

TheRealMe- Welcome to team :blue:! :D

Saphire- sounds like you got some great bargins!

I have been busy painting Elliot's room. Got the burgendy strip completly done. And i did one coat of the tan (for the top half) done. I will have to do another coat tonight, and then tomorrow do the brown on the bottom. Can't wait until its finishd!

I have to get on this nursery thing ugh. DH got rid of the king size matteress that was in there but not the frame or box springs (big help) lol. I spotted a pretty cheap crib on walmart that had great reviews I might go that route unless I find a non drop down one at a consignment shop soon. We all know once Novemeber gets here it's all over with Thanksgiving I think this is just a US thing though and CHristmas or Haunakkah and new years and then baby time yikes!

It's illegal for any stores to sell drop sided cribs, used or not. ..the only way you could get one now is if you bought privatley from someone, so you probably wont have that issue. My mom is giving me my nephews crib since he just started in his big boy bed...i am very thankful for that though as money is super tight. But we did pick one out from walmart that was low priced but great reviews so thats awesome too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->