February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

hi girls,
ive read back but im really ill at the moment so can remember a thing other than to welcome leigh5tom :hi:
im so sick :cry: my throat is so unbelievably swollen that i cant talk, it hurts to swallow and breath. my head feels like its being crushed, like a horrible migraine and every muscle in my body feels like its being torn apart :nope: ughhh and i have to look after jesse .
hoping my dad can come round and watch him for me but i doubt it and jonno has no sick leave up :cry:

Glad i could be of assist to all you lovely ladies :friends:

JuneBugs, sometimes there are issues, but i greatly encourage everyone to have a relationship with their local lactation consultant :) (usually found at a hospital, but there are other resources). LLL is great too for the normal issues that women can face. If you have issues beyond "the norm", like mine the DEF see your LC, but you can see an LC no matter what. I am so glad i pursued mine! Anyways, BFing is like a lot of things when it comes to being a mother. You really can't practise being a mother ahead of time, but its something you can read about. Then when you do become a mama to a baby outside of the womb just follow your instincts and intution. That has never failed me-ever. Sure some things can be tough with motherhood or Bfing, etc, but usually if you follow your instincts you will be fine :hugs: Dont be afraid to seek out professional help, if need be. Dont consider quiting right away, get the help so you can help yourself and i am certain you will have a beautiful story to tell.

every BFing experience is different, that is for sure, but for me, i thought it was one of the easiest, most natural things i have ever done...despite my milk issue, everything else was fine and no issues. Now not all women have that experience, but i find the ones that didn't stick with it are the ones who give you the horror stories. Be sure to emerse yourself with BFers to get a full scope and not just half :thumbup: And most importantly, set yourself goals for BFing. Like dont quite BFing until youve done it for 6 weeks, bc after that its soo easy. etc. you can do it if you want :flower:

and let me close by saying FFers are awesome too (i had to do both, remember ;)):thumbup: i am for a womans choice, even if i dont take that route, but just supporting the prospector BFers at the moment :hugs:

right quick question, managed to borrow a doppler from a friend today and listen to LO's hb. what is the old wives tale about the heartrate and gender?

what does 150bpm tell me?

just curious!

Mine started off high and then plateaued at 150. It's been 150 for the past couple appts I've had (couple months). I'm having a boy!

hi girls,
ive read back but im really ill at the moment so can remember a thing other than to welcome leigh5tom :hi:
im so sick :cry: my throat is so unbelievably swollen that i cant talk, it hurts to swallow and breath. my head feels like its being crushed, like a horrible migraine and every muscle in my body feels like its being torn apart :nope: ughhh and i have to look after jesse .
hoping my dad can come round and watch him for me but i doubt it and jonno has no sick leave up :cry:

Awe hon. I hope you get to feeling better, asap!!

right quick question, managed to borrow a doppler from a friend today and listen to LO's hb. what is the old wives tale about the heartrate and gender?

what does 150bpm tell me?

just curious!

Mine started off high and then plateaued at 150. It's been 150 for the past couple appts I've had (couple months). I'm having a boy!

thats similar with this little beany. It started off about 195! :shock: but lately its been about 155. With DS the highest was 164, but for the most part it was 130-140

thanks ladies, i really feel awful ! ive not felt this ill in a long time and i cant even take anything due to being pregnant :cry:
also i do get my scan, next thursday. i will be 21+2

I went to the Duck, Duck, Goose consignment sale today with my cousin and managed to spend some more money. LOL I got a really cute dress and a sweater for myself, a few pieces of clothes for the baby, a book, and a few other things! This kid is already spoiled rotten!!!

Thanks Tiger & JohnsPrincess, very happy to be here! :)

Tiger hope you feel better soon, I had tonsillitis about 2 weeks ago & felt really run down and pretty crap, doctor offered me antibiotics but I hate taking anything while pregnant, don't know about you ladies? Just seems weird to me, same with having the odd alcoholic drink which even midwife said was okay, doesn't seem right! That's just me though tehe :) xxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome Leighann! :)

Aw, hope you feel better soon Tiger! :hugs:

Medical billing... my curiosity is piqued. Something else into which I can look, anyway. 300 dollars for a certification isn't bad, all things considered; especially if it'll give me a means of working from home. Hubby and I just need to sit down and pound out the ideas and possibilities and stuff. Childcare's just too expensive here. /:

I need to work out, and am so distracted tonight. Grrr.

Tiger, I hope that you get better. I wish that we were closer (you know like oceans closer), I would offer to watch Jesse for you!! One thing that I had to take was benadryl (antihistamine) because during the summer we have TERRIBLE mosquitoes and it helped with the general crappy feeling! :hugs: dear!!

Welcome Leighann! :)

Aw, hope you feel better soon Tiger! :hugs:

Medical billing... my curiosity is piqued. Something else into which I can look, anyway. 300 dollars for a certification isn't bad, all things considered; especially if it'll give me a means of working from home. Hubby and I just need to sit down and pound out the ideas and possibilities and stuff. Childcare's just too expensive here. /:

I need to work out, and am so distracted tonight. Grrr.

There are many insurance companies, and even very nice hospitals, that hire outside coders to code the information. I started to pursue for an associates degree working around it around the time Tony turned 1, and so far I have enjoyed what classes I have had that work around the coding aspect of my degree.

ive thought of doing medical billing, but i read a lot of graduates (from that certification) say there are not really any jobs...there could be though, but just a warning, otherwise i would have def. pursued it! It appears as if the market has been flooded with these degrees and thus not many jobs available, but you never know!

Yeah, from the brief bout of research I did, people thought it was tough to get placed. :shrug: But that could be for a variety of reasons. I always have people tell me, "if it sounds too good to be true, it is," in terms of working from home - it's like they just want to discourage me from trying anything at this point! haha. So I'm always looking into things, then shying away because I'm afraid of mucking it up a bit. Blah! haha

you never know...perhapes you could look for job openings and see if there are any. If there is a selection, then go for it. If not, do whatever you feel is best. ...its tempting...i really want to make extra $$$ on the side and stay home, but its finding anything.

Ok ladies I sit on the computer all day at work and there are like 5 posts all day. I go out for the night and I am 6 pages behind? Wth
Anyway a little late on the posts but I wanted to add something abouy bfing. I had a hard time w Jonas and calked every organization w no help but my mom works for a visiying nurse association and they sent me a lactation consultant and she gave me a nipple guard remember this if u have latchjbg issues bam baby bf no problem used it for a month and then we were fine on our own thank god but it was such a help.
I was going to stay home longer than I did last time but my dh just lost his job :( ugh not his fault just downsizing but now ill have to work as long as I can. Pray for an opening for him.

Thanks Tiger & JohnsPrincess, very happy to be here! :)

Tiger hope you feel better soon, I had tonsillitis about 2 weeks ago & felt really run down and pretty crap, doctor offered me antibiotics but I hate taking anything while pregnant, don't know about you ladies? Just seems weird to me, same with having the odd alcoholic drink which even midwife said was okay, doesn't seem right! That's just me though tehe :) xxxxxxxxxxx

Thankfully, I rarely get sick...unless I get the flu shot which is making me insane trying to decide if I should get it now or not!! Anyways, the only thing I've taken this pg is my medication that I have to take, pre natals, and tylenol. I've had a couple TINY sips of alcohol (just to get a taste...nothing that even filled my mouth, lol) but that's it. However, I will probably have One glass of wine at Thanksgiving and Christmas! :)

I am def not getting the flu shot my DH and mom both got it last yr and were sick for 3 weeks! I won't voulentarily get a needle anyway lol.

The wine oh how I miss it :( my DH had a glass w dinner the other night and I almost had a sip but opted not to I am seriously considering one on thanksgiving like you said. I'll see half way there now so I might make it lol. I am getting sparkling wine brought in after delivery though. Your milk isn't in for a day anyway right? Colustrum is different yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->