February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Welcome scaredmmy2b!!

Junebugs, it is mostly about you, they want you to feel comfortable. i still sleep partially on my stomach, I can't help it. I did it with both boys and they are fine. I think that as long as it is not too terrible on you is the important thing.

My back and rib cage have been killing me KJ. I think one of my biggest problems is that I'm confined to a desk for 9 hours a day during my weekdays. It's becoming very painful and problematic. Once I get home and moving I feel a little better but by Fridays I am in tears at my desk by noon. :/ I take as many breaks as I can to walk but it's difficult to get away with that when I can't walk and work at the same time lol. Bah!

I handed my letter in for Maternity leave today and I reckon I need to make a new ticker to count down how many days until I leave work :happydance: Ive put down 30th Jan and taking a weeks annual leave the 23rd-27th so that makes my last day 20th January woopie!!
I have already celebrated with a huge bar of Cadbury's Fruit & Nut chocolate (It counts as one of your 5-a-day if you have enough of it right????:haha:)

Peanut doesnt seem to like daddy feeling kicks either - they're like Jackie Chan every night we arent together but as soon as he is next to me then they get lazy!! He has felt quite a few movements though so I dont feel too bad.

Dizzy, I just noticed and had to say, YOU ARE IN DOUBLE DIGITS TODAY!!!!! :woohoo:

I know!!!!!!! Its so exciting!!!!!!!!
I made a thread in 2nd Tri yesterday saying I had 100 days left so that makes today double digits!!
:yipee: :drunk: :wohoo: :flasher: (had to put that one in after the comment about when would anyone use it lol)

LOL @ the flasher!
I woke up on my back a few nights ago and my whole body was tingling. It was scary. But it reassured me that I will know if I need to change positions. Also, yesterday I was on my back for my scan for a long time, and the dr said to let her know if I started feeling faint or anything-- confirming that we as the mommies will be the first to know if anything is wrong. :thumbup:
I've heard sleeping on your belly is actually okay since the baby is so cushioned with fluid but it's usually just uncomfortable past a certain point.
DS felt the baby move the other day... he thought it was so cool! Oh, and he went to my scan yesterday and he kept saying, "The baby is SO CUTE!" So I think it was a good call. :thumbup:

In case anyone is interested, great Friday deal on Babylegs today!

https://www.babylegs.com/mystery-pack-C782.aspx

Get 60 dollars worth of surprise sockies and warmers for 25! :) I think it runs through Monday. I just ordered a pack. Can't wait to see what they send me!

(after that, I need to stop for awhile, I have made TOO many orders on this site recently :haha:)

Ah, Friday! Dh had to travel yesterday a few hours away and stay over night. Boooo. As a recruiter this happens sometimes, but I'm sure glad it's not a lot!! I was watching horror movies all night and he was watching the World Series and texting me updates, lmao! But...he will be home this evening and we've got lots of weekend plans!

Tonight...they've done something to the path around the base lake to make it haunted. It's 5$ a person but I'm thinking it may be fun to go do! Tomorrow we have to go to Babies r Us and make a payment on our furniture! And then tomorrow night John's cousin is having her Halloween party! We also need to find time to carve our pumpkins and go get some body paint so John can paint my belly. And I need to find a black shirt. Hmmmm...

Today...well I should REALLY work on my homework but god I'm just not feeling like it yet! I'll probably work on some Christmas stuff. We'll see.

I have a question for you ladies.... is there any REAL SERIOUS dangers to your little one if you find yourself sleeping on your back? Or is it just because of the lack of oxygen you are getting therefore you baby is getting a lack of oxygen?.... I woke up last night on my back, when i flipped over onto my side the baby started kicking like crazy and i realized my body felt a little numb...

Can you do any serious damage from being on your back for to long?? I figured you body would wake you up before it does.

I'm so glad you asked this question because I was going to ask the same thing! I always start on my side by I always end up on my back. Even when I prop a pillow or two I under me I must move them in my sleep, LOL! I feel more comfortable on my back, so I feel better knowing that my body will tell me if there is a problem. I mentioned it to my doctor too and she said she is not a firm "no-back-sleeping" beleiver and that I should do what is most comfortable. :)

I agree that instincts will kick in before laying on your back does any harm... I frequently wake on my back and also partially on my tummy.

I realised just how much money we are wasting at the moment, last night.. So don't tempt me with any special deals!!! :haha: I'm back on Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover plan... Doesn't help when DH goes to get milk/eggs and spends almost ALL of your food budget for the week on baby food pouches that E doesn't really eat anymore though... :dohh:

Wow you ladies can chat!!!

don't know much about your u.s insurances guppy so cant help i'm afraid.

as far as maternity leave goes - with Blake I worked until 38 weeks and 2 days later went into labour so was kinda bummed that I didnt get some "me" time before he arrived so this time decided to leave earlier.

My plans are to take all of next years leave first as I am taking a full years maternity so wont need them, as well as my bank holiday leiu days for next year first and then I will start my maternity leave at 37 weeks. so I will actually leave on 30th december at 31 weeks. Although at our company we split the days between xmas and new year between us and only work 1/2 a day each - kinda hoping they will say as your leaving there is no point in you coming in for half a day and I will get to leave on the 23rd december! :)

anyway that makes it 9 weeks today left at work!!

Becstar, how are you liking hte hypnobirthing classes? We don't have any classes that are offered in our area, so I ordered the book last week and started learning the method and techniques on my own. I'm excited and hope I stay relax while giving birth!

Is anyone else having awful back pain? I hardly get a good nights sleep at night since I am constantly up shifting sleeping positions! It is always worse at night and then once I'm up and moving during the day it subsides a little. It is really starting to get annoying!

We're doing two 6 hour sessions with my godmum and I really liked it, I found it much easier to do the exercises with someone to talk me through it. As I said though, practising is not happening much, must ban husband from the bedroom as his snoring drowns the CD out! It's my next session on 5th November.

Just been for a pizza hut :pizza:....

Ate far too much :sick: eyes are bigger than my belly & thats saying something right now! :dohh: :haha:

Just been for a pizza hut :pizza:....

Ate far too much :sick: eyes are bigger than my belly & thats saying something right now! :dohh: :haha:

:rofl: you totally sound like me when it comes to pizza!!! I LOOOOOOVVVVEEEE pizza! :D

LOL @ the flasher!
I woke up on my back a few nights ago and my whole body was tingling. It was scary. But it reassured me that I will know if I need to change positions. Also, yesterday I was on my back for my scan for a long time, and the dr said to let her know if I started feeling faint or anything-- confirming that we as the mommies will be the first to know if anything is wrong. :thumbup:
I've heard sleeping on your belly is actually okay since the baby is so cushioned with fluid but it's usually just uncomfortable past a certain point.
DS felt the baby move the other day... he thought it was so cool! Oh, and he went to my scan yesterday and he kept saying, "The baby is SO CUTE!" So I think it was a good call. :thumbup:

That is so funny you say that because i went for my scan the other day and when i got up from it i was dizzy..... i guess it was from being on my back for to long????..... The tech didnt say anything to me about being on my back and i sure if the baby was under any stress she would have said something.

I felt fine the whole ultrasound, my back was just hurting a bit but once i got up i was really dizzy. I didn't even think to put 2 and 2 together

I made this today for Sebastian! Not sure why it's on it's side...but you get the picture!

Attachments

• Hat.jpg
    Hat.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 6
That could be it. Or it could have just been from getting up too fast?

I thought it was that.. but it lasted a little longer then it normal would if i got up to fast. If lasted the time it took me to go to the bathroom. ... oh well... it wasnt to bad......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->