February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Thanks, I didn't know either...
I feel bad now, 'cause I just assumed, for whatever reason, that a stone is 20 lbs. And I would always think you UK ladies were a LOT heavier than you are!:dohh:

LOL! Oops. I always thought maybe it was 10 lbs? Nice round number.

Vision changes in pregnancy is normal...unless its caused by pre-e...then thats different...if you are having swelling or vision issues, then you need to increase calories, SALT, and protein, remeber salt is ESSENTIAL for a pregnant woman, and if there is a high BP this acutally means you are deficient and need more salt.
As for vision, high BP can cause it, pregnancy in general can cause it, but i also find when im anemic i see spots...

And, Gem you looked great!! :D I am pretty sure I did not look that good when I was on my way to be induced at 430 in the morning with DS2!!

aww thanks hun, I had been in labour approx 2 hours by this point and was just leaving to go to the hospital, Blake was born 3 hours later. I must admit I felt really good - but i think I look haggered and tired! lol

I don't think anyone will ever tell me I need more salt...LOL! I'm a salt-aholic. Love the stuff. It drives my mom and Dh crazy.

It is snowing like a beast outside right now. SHUDDER. I'm curled up with a peppermint cocoa, and then I need to get some cleaning done. Chris is painting the nursery. Should be done with the painting today! :dance: Then all we need is the chairrail and to finish the trim. SO exciting!

I've gained ~20 pounds already, at 25 weeks. I'm mortified, and my doctor's like, "Yeah we think 25 is a good goal for you." Um, excuse me? 5 more pounds in 15 weeks? But I'm trying not to stress. My girlfriend gained 50 with all three of hers, and she's pregnant again. She and her babies were fine and she took the weight off nicely afterward, so I'm trying to just relax. My BP has been fine, and honestly I don't eat as well as I used to and don't work out as much as I used to... but I haven't just kept on eating crap. I eat a pretty balanced diet, and love my fruits and veggies. Soooo whatever. LOL

/rant.

JP, love the hat - that's so cute!

Aiden's leg warmers are in the mail; so I should be getting them within the half hour. Saw the mail man running down the street, so he'll turn soon and return. :dance: One more Christmas present almost done!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SAYING THAT!!!! I have also gained 20lbs and i was feeling so upset about it...... I also am eating REALLY WELL (better then before i was pregnant).....

I also believe it is because i had quit smoking a couple months before i got pregnant so i think that is adding onto the weight.... but i am so happy to know i have a weight buddy out there ! :)

@JP :haha: well that should serve you well! lol
Thats how i am too, i love the salt! Def salt everything to taste when preggo!

So its dinner time here in the Uk....
:munch:
What 'cha all having? :shrug:

Well, it's only 2 pm here... But I had pizza last night... don't know where I got that idea! :) Mmmm but it was soooo good!

We'll prob have mac n cheese left over from lunch. It wasn't great, but it's there and all I have to do is heat it up. :shrug: Maybe a salad, too. LOVE my salad!

So its dinner time here in the Uk....
:munch:
What 'cha all having? :shrug:

Well, it's only 2 pm here... But I had pizza last night... don't know where I got that idea! :) Mmmm but it was soooo good!

We'll prob have mac n cheese left over from lunch. It wasn't great, but it's there and all I have to do is heat it up. :shrug: Maybe a salad, too. LOVE my salad!

I made some pulled BBQ pork in the crock pot last night. We will have that again tonight (left overs). But its only 2:15pm (Saturday) here.

Mmmmmm that sounds really good... BBQ pork... sounds salty. :) I can't seem to get enough of any kind of meat... pork... chicken... steak... [drool]

YUM! it is very good!

I have an awesome recipe too if anyone is interested!

We were out for dinner last night before going to see Lee Evans' show so nothing I had in to cook tonight really compared! Hubby and Abbie had chicken nuggets and potato waffles. I'm still deciding what to have. At this stage it'll likely be a sandwich. :dohh: Planning a nice roast chicken Sunday lunch tomorrow though, so will more than make up for it then. :haha:

I have never been overly keen on salt, dont really eat salt on anything - only certain things that I just have to have salt on!

I dont cook with salt or anything so maybe be a good idea to start using a little.

I'm the same with you on the salt front gem. :sick: HATE the stuff. 'cept on chips. Or ready salted/salt and vinegar crisps. :haha:

or runny eggs sandwiches..... yum yum .... shame its not allowed! :-(

:blush: i eat the runny eggs this time..last time i took all of the precautions but this time...eh..not so much :blush:

Isaiah's personalized blanket arrived today! Just on time for the winter storm :cold:

Attachments

• IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 3
I am hoping that DH will take me to get some chinese food!! I have really been wanting some beef and broccoli!!

And on the weight, like I said I haven't gained weight yet. But I am considered to be in the "obese" category. I currently weigh 185, that is mostly from weight I gained with Tony and didn't lose. I gained 60lbs with Grant and 50 with Tony, I had lost all but 10lbs when I got pregnant with Tony and this time I did not lose any weight after having Tony!! Hopefully this one will be a little better. My DR said she will be happy if I gain between 15 and 30lbs.

i like them !!!! :happydance:

TIG|! i just noticed in your ticker that your c-section is feb 23... i know i prob missed the post being the horrible absentee that i've been...*so sorry*, but why a c-section? i hope everything is ok???

hiii ladies!
i feel like its been forever since i've been in!
im so sorry to have missed so much!!! so busy getting things baby-ready, and with work, which has been a huge mess!

good news; we picked up scarlets crib and dresser/changer this last week, and we've ordered the chair for her nursery (which, btw, is so comfy, i may live in it!)
we have picked out her book case, but have yet to get round to picking it up.
and we've completed our baby registry for the shower
BUSY FEW WEEKS!

now, once jeni gets the last 2 walls of the nursery painted, we'll be basically ready to go!

stroller shopping is still stressing me out. i cant seem to decide on one and stick to it!
anyway, i missed the updated bump pics!
everyone looks FANTASTIC!

here is my most recent :) i was 22 wks, im almosttt 24 now, but havent had a chance to take one since

Attachments

• bump- oct 21.jpg
    bump- oct 21.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 6
Aww thay blanket is so cute.

I have just had the worst night in the world, drunk ppl knocking in to me then cuddling me and trying to get me to dance!

Why wont ppl understand im pregnant and stop handling me ahhhhhhh

my hubby doesnt see the issue and is moaning because we have left early but i just cant stand being in that enviorment sober

I'm headed out as a pregnant sailor to a halloween costume party!!!

Attachments

• belly24_oct29a.jpg
    belly24_oct29a.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79