February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

It's so hard keeping up with you girls. My module has started for my course and it's keeping me quite busy. I'm hoping to keep about 2/3 weeks ahead so that when Amelia comes I have a little space to slow down.
I have my next MW app on the 9th. I'm really anxious about the results of my blood tests. I really hope I get the all clear for my home birth. And if my iron level are close to being low...even if they are in the ok catogory I'm going to request iron tablets to keep it up.

How much weight have you all gained? With Liam I gained about 4 stone in total, but was still recovering from an eating disorder so some of that was NEEDED. After he was born I lost 3 stone and kept myself there at a healthy weight.
So far I've gained just under a stone and with a steady gain from now of about 1lb a week I expect to gain just under 2st in total...like half what I gained with Liam. So I'm concerned I might not be gaining enough.

My mum got Amelia a little dalmation spot furry coat. I LOVE it!! Can't beleive I'm nearly in 3rd tri, I'm planning on packing my hospital bag next week!! (will need it packed even if I have a homebirth in case of emergency)
My SIL is 37 weeks tomoz and she still hasn't packed hers..crazy woman!!

omg third tri already ?!?!?! thats ridiculous !!!
Has anyone with bubs already noticed that this pregnancy seems to be flying by ? Jesses seemed to drag on and on, and i thought this one was too until i realised that im nearly 6 months pregnant :shock: christmas is in 7ish weeks, and then ill start buying lots more stuff for holly.
and i then i thought about how close it is to jesses 2nd birthday (in march) , then i realised that by then im going to have a one month old :shock: im going to have a 2 year old and a 3month old on my 21st birthday !!!!!

So cute JP!

I've gained about 14 lbs so far... I'm okay with that. I gained too much with DS, so as long as I keep it closer to 30 lbs this time, I'll be happy. And if I gain a pound a week from here on out, that puts me at around 31. So that's good. :thumbup:

It's insane to me how fast this pregnancy is going. Like a million times faster than my first. A few days ago I made a 6 month dental appt for DS and I was like, oh my gosh, I'll have a two-month-old by then! Kind of crazy picturing myself toting DS off to the dentist with an infant in my arms! I'm about to be a mom of two! Am I ready for this? :wacko:

hi ladies,

having a lovely lazy day today! my sister has asked if she can have my kids for the day as she has been missing them a bit so having some lovely "me" time! :)

seems strange as all housework is done apart from ironing (but just waiting for the last of the clothes to dry) so not a great deal to do!

I havent been weighing myself with this pregnancy or the last as I got sooo depressed with my 1st over weight i decided its better to be ignorant!

I do tend to get very big with pregnancies but it all goes on my belly so not too fussed - have never really gained weight anywhere else, which is lucky as I am not a skinny lady anyway.

here is a piccy of me at 38 weeks with Blake, please bear in mind it was 5am and I was in labour so I do not look at my best!

bump with Blake.jpg

So far I've gained between 12-16lbs, it all depends on the day! I would love to try and gain around 25-30lbs total. I'm thinking more around 30lbs is realistic.

Tiger, you sound like me, my 21st was only 4 months ago, I had a 5 year old and a 2 year old!! Grant it Grant only had turned 5 4 days before my birthday!!

If you count what I lost at the beginning, I am technically still 6 pounds under what I was right when I got pregnant.... but I had gained 10 pounds when I was TTC.... you know depression pounds from trying, but I had lost all 10 from being nauseous!

And, Gem you looked great!! :D I am pretty sure I did not look that good when I was on my way to be induced at 430 in the morning with DS2!!

Ohh and I started to the lactation process again. I knew that my boobs were very sore yesterday (familiar feeling) and then last night some colostrum came out!

It's so hard keeping up with you girls. My module has started for my course and it's keeping me quite busy. I'm hoping to keep about 2/3 weeks ahead so that when Amelia comes I have a little space to slow down.
I have my next MW app on the 9th. I'm really anxious about the results of my blood tests. I really hope I get the all clear for my home birth. And if my iron level are close to being low...even if they are in the ok catogory I'm going to request iron tablets to keep it up.

How much weight have you all gained? With Liam I gained about 4 stone in total, but was still recovering from an eating disorder so some of that was NEEDED. After he was born I lost 3 stone and kept myself there at a healthy weight.
So far I've gained just under a stone and with a steady gain from now of about 1lb a week I expect to gain just under 2st in total...like half what I gained with Liam. So I'm concerned I might not be gaining enough.

My mum got Amelia a little dalmation spot furry coat. I LOVE it!! Can't beleive I'm nearly in 3rd tri, I'm planning on packing my hospital bag next week!! (will need it packed even if I have a homebirth in case of emergency)
My SIL is 37 weeks tomoz and she still hasn't packed hers..crazy woman!!

How much is a stone?? I know I could google it...but...lol I like the answers I get from real people more!! I've gained about 11 lbs so far.

I'm in school right now too!! It's my LAST class before I'll receive my Masters. I haven't done anything with it yet...though I really need to. I'd like to have it done early rather than being stressed with it later. Ugh.

That coat sounds adorable!!

It is snowing like a beast outside right now. SHUDDER. I'm curled up with a peppermint cocoa, and then I need to get some cleaning done. Chris is painting the nursery. Should be done with the painting today! :dance: Then all we need is the chairrail and to finish the trim. SO exciting!

I've gained ~20 pounds already, at 25 weeks. I'm mortified, and my doctor's like, "Yeah we think 25 is a good goal for you." Um, excuse me? 5 more pounds in 15 weeks? But I'm trying not to stress. My girlfriend gained 50 with all three of hers, and she's pregnant again. She and her babies were fine and she took the weight off nicely afterward, so I'm trying to just relax. My BP has been fine, and honestly I don't eat as well as I used to and don't work out as much as I used to... but I haven't just kept on eating crap. I eat a pretty balanced diet, and love my fruits and veggies. Soooo whatever. LOL

/rant.

JP, love the hat - that's so cute!

Aiden's leg warmers are in the mail; so I should be getting them within the half hour. Saw the mail man running down the street, so he'll turn soon and return. :dance: One more Christmas present almost done!

It is snowing like a beast outside right now. SHUDDER. I'm curled up with a peppermint cocoa, and then I need to get some cleaning done. Chris is painting the nursery. Should be done with the painting today! :dance: Then all we need is the chairrail and to finish the trim. SO exciting!

I've gained ~20 pounds already, at 25 weeks. I'm mortified, and my doctor's like, "Yeah we think 25 is a good goal for you." Um, excuse me? 5 more pounds in 15 weeks? But I'm trying not to stress. My girlfriend gained 50 with all three of hers, and she's pregnant again. She and her babies were fine and she took the weight off nicely afterward, so I'm trying to just relax. My BP has been fine, and honestly I don't eat as well as I used to and don't work out as much as I used to... but I haven't just kept on eating crap. I eat a pretty balanced diet, and love my fruits and veggies. Soooo whatever. LOL

/rant.

JP, love the hat - that's so cute!

Aiden's leg warmers are in the mail; so I should be getting them within the half hour. Saw the mail man running down the street, so he'll turn soon and return. :dance: One more Christmas present almost done!

Snow! We won't get any for quite a while. If we were Home, we wouldn't get any at all! LOL Dh HATES it...but I'm glad we're here for a few years because I like snow. I just don't like a TON of it and I won't drive in it!! Some of my family lives in Pennsylvania and one of my cousins is supposed to have her Bridal Shower today!!

One of my friends gained 60lbs with her most recent pregnancy and she knows a girl who gained 90!!!

Thank you!! I made the infant size and it's so little and adorable!! I can't believe I'm going to have someone who FITS into it!!

Thanks, I didn't know either...
I feel bad now, 'cause I just assumed, for whatever reason, that a stone is 20 lbs. And I would always think you UK ladies were a LOT heavier than you are!:dohh:

:cold: we are gonna get a foot of snow here on the New Hampshire seacoast! :shock: this is such a rare Nor'Eastern! Last year it didn't even flurry here until the beg. of january!

I've only gained 5lb...but to be fair im overweight to begin with and when i lost 9lb due to MS. I didnt get back to prepregnancy weight until about 18 weeks. With DS i lost 10lb due to low sugar vomits and i didn't get back to prepregnancy weight until i was 30 weeks pregnant. I was 13.5lb over prepregancy weight at 41+5 (when i gave birth)...i would try not to worry about the weight gain (or lack there of for some of us). As long as you are exercising and eating right, your body is gonna gain what it needs to. I hate those stupid "guidelines" :wacko: some women need to gain 50lb other women only need to gain 10lb, as long as you are being healthy (and dont have GD), then its totally irrelevant bc you can't control what your body does.

Ooh! Peppermint cocoa sounds gooooooooood!!! I might have to send DH out for some, along with mini marshmallows and whipped cream later.... *drool*

I have no idea how much I've gained. It's kind of annoying... I need to buy some new scales since ours are obviously screwed.

Some of the time it seems like this pregnancy is going by quick, but other times I'm just so impatient to get to the end, it makes it seem slooooow....

I also keep thinking it's November (like end of) which doesn't help :haha:

Oh! Is anyone else having issues with their sight? Mine has been BAD for a few months now, seems like it's getting worse... I assume it's just regular swelling as I'm not noticeably swollen anywhere else and my BP is fine.... It's annoying though!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->