February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Congrats to everyone! My due date is 2/1/12 but I supposed that can change once I have my first US. Symptoms so far started last week at 4 weeks:

sore boobs/nipples
no appetite (not nauseated just not interested in food)

RedheadBabies -- I def think its late to get a US at 12 weeks. They like to do a 1st trimester scan to confirm dates as scans aren't as accurate (for due dates anyway) once you move into your second trimester. It seems like they wouldn't want to wait until the last possible second, especially with your history. My doctor makes everyone come in to confirm their pregnancies with a blood test; I guess they don't trust us with our home tests. I'll be going tomorrow (5w1d) for my HCG and hopefully I'll have a US this week or next. Once you have an ectopic you're at a higher risk for another, though, so that's probably why I'm getting the early scan. Can you call the doctor's office and see if they can move it up or do labs?

And what's the significance of your screen name? Are you hoping for redheads (is this a dumb question)? My husband has red hair and I'm blonde, so I definitely have fingers crossed for redheaded babies, too!

No, they wouldnt repeat they said to come back in 2 weeks. I got home took two regular tests and then went to the store and got the digital and here are my results https://i53.tinypic.com/33w36va.jpg

https://i55.tinypic.com/1z6sd47.jpg

Congrats to everyone! My due date is 2/1/12 but I supposed that can change once I have my first US. Symptoms so far started last week at 4 weeks:

sore boobs/nipples
no appetite (not nauseated just not interested in food)

RedheadBabies -- I def think its late to get a US at 12 weeks. They like to do a 1st trimester scan to confirm dates as scans aren't as accurate (for due dates anyway) once you move into your second trimester. It seems like they wouldn't want to wait until the last possible second, especially with your history. My doctor makes everyone come in to confirm their pregnancies with a blood test; I guess they don't trust us with our home tests. I'll be going tomorrow (5w1d) for my HCG and hopefully I'll have a US this week or next. Once you have an ectopic you're at a higher risk for another, though, so that's probably why I'm getting the early scan. Can you call the doctor's office and see if they can move it up or do labs?

And what's the significance of your screen name? Are you hoping for redheads (is this a dumb question)? My husband has red hair and I'm blonde, so I definitely have fingers crossed for redheaded babies, too!

Betsy - Yeah, now I definitely am going to call later this week...I was really surprised when I explained to the scheduler that I was just in there for a post D&C follow up 2 months ago, that they said, ok - see ya in 8 weeks! WHAT?!?! I guess I would like something for reassurance...

haha - yes! I am a redhead - Auburn a lot of people say (pic attached), and my husband's mom is a redhead. It runs in both sides of the family, so we'll see if we produce a ginger come February!! :happydance:

Attachments

• erin.jpg
    erin.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 5
No, they wouldnt repeat they said to come back in 2 weeks. I got home took two regular tests and then went to the store and got the digital and here are my results https://i53.tinypic.com/33w36va.jpg

Digi doesn't lie!!! :baby:

Sometimes I wonder what kind of tests we pay those doctors to use?? :dohh:

The lady was like honey I am sorry but this test came up positive when I was barely 4 weeks pregnant the best I can tell you is to come back in 2 weeks but your test is negative sorry

brookettc3: Those are definitely positive! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get better news in 2 weeks, even though I know they're going to really hard. DO you think it's bc you're so early at only 3 weeks? You would think the MD offices would have super sensitive test like we all buy.

RedheadBabies: Yay for ginger babies! It always kills me when I have a pt that is sad that their baby came out with red hair -- that's all I want! Sometimes I think the schedulers are just that -- people who do office work and schedule things. They have somewhat of an idea of what's going on with OB stuff but not really. I feel like I definitely get more of what I want when I ask to leave a message for the nurse or my MD.

I hope I get my official BFP soon.. I have cramps.. I hope it doesnt mean anything bad... UGH NOW THIS IS THE WORST 2WW EVER!!!!
I dont know really maybe because I am so early on but my internet cheapy came up so fast and its really not strong at all!

I had cramps last week (week 4). So much so, I was convinced AF was about to start. They lasted all week, on and off, and then went away with no bleeding in sight. I think carmping can be a normal sign of early pregnancy, so keep that in mind.

Thank you SO much that makes me feel so much better I dont even remember all this with my other two children. With my son I kept going to the doctors and they didnt get a positive until I was 4 months

With such a strong positive at 3 weeks, surely the MD office one will be positive the next time. Keep us posted!

Will do <3 I dont think I will test for alittle while...

Hi Ladies. I've come to join the February mummies.

I hope we are all excited about the trials and tribulations the next 9 months has to offer.:flower:

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttf64b1.aspx

I just went to the doctors and got a negative test

What? How odd. Did your doctor do a blood test or urine? I'd be getting them to do a blood test if it was just a urine. I couldn't imagine being left out to dry like that.
Good luck and keep us posted!

Hi Ladies. I've come to join the February mummies.

I hope we are all excited about the trials and tribulations the next 9 months has to offer.:flower:

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttf64b1.aspx

Welcome! When are you due?

Still waiting for the nurse to call me back with my results. I called the hospital this morning and asked them to get a message to him that I'd really like them. Lol. Ugh.

Thank you guys for making me feel better <3 I am going to a clinic around the corner for my house for a free test this happens to be the same place I went when I found out with both my children so I feel like their test will be spot on. I have an appointment at 945 today I will let you all know if I walk out with my proof of pregnancy or not :) For my other doctor that I went to yesterday I changed my group on my insurance so I won't be dealing with them ever again :)

Definitely wait a week or two and go back. The Drs tests can be crap... I'm surprised you got a positive on a digi though and a negative on a Drs test... The digis are usually the last ones to show! Maybe they used a faulty test?! :wacko:

:hugs:

BTW, good to know it's normal to be out of breath. I thought I was just being a wimp, but just vacuuming yesterday totally wore me out and I was panting like I'd run a mile :rofl: I don't remember that with DD, but ah well... I am still carrying 10-20lbs of baby weight from her! :haha:

I'm kind of worried because I wasn't taking prenatals/folic acid before we conceived.... :( Stupidly... And now I'm struggling to swallow the pills.. I'm going to look for some good chewables (I found some the other day, but didn't save the link) but dang I wish I had been taking them regularly before now :dohh:

Is anyone else suffering really badly from baby brain this early on? I swear I'm already going insane... Possibly due to being so tired all the time, but jeez! I have started to write up a text to DH 5 times this morning (5 different subjects) and had to sit for a couple of minutes trying to remember what it was I wanted to ask/tell him!! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->