February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

I hadn't realised either AR! :dance: Such a coincidence!

Joker - With Abbie I had help in the form of forceps. It never even crossed my mind to feel bad for not doing it all myself - way I see it is that it's flipping hard work and I did most of it myself so what if I needed some help at the end!

Congrats to all the new mummies!!

Jokerrete
Liam was born by ventouse and I wish things had been different, but at the time it was safest to just get him out. I agree with nightkd, we make choices in labour as to what feels best at the time. I was determined not to have an epidural, but when the time came I needed it and I'm now glad I had it.

Couple of questions:

ellitigg - what was your due date?

Why have I missed JP's details?! :dohh:

Elli, I was also going to ask for your due date :lol: but Tigger beat me to it.

Also Tigger, AmandaD had her baby, but her stats aren't on the thread here. They are:
Amandad192 - Amelia Willow ~ 7 lb 7 oz ~ originally due 1/30/12

Jokerette, don't beat yourself up over it love, you did awesome! :hugs: That's a long time to push, and exhaustion during labor is no joke! I know it's hypocritical since I was beating myself up over getting an epidural, but when you know it's the best decision in the long run, there's nothing about which to be ashamed. :) You're awesome!

Congrats Elli! (have I said that already?) And congrats Becstar! :hugs: to you both!!!

I have updated the new thread and I hope it's all accurate. With time differences and stuff, sometimes when anyone says, "LO was born today" I'm not sure which day it is. :rofl: So if things are wrong, please let me know!

On a sappier note, I remember joining this thread in the beginning as a scared FTM to be, and it's so amazing having been with you ladies through the journey of pregnancy, and now, seeing everyone having their babies... it's awesome. :hugs: I'm so grateful for such a fabulous birth group. You ladies rock!

:wave: Hi Girls ~ Wonder if we will have any Valentines Day arrivals? <3

I'm still here Kelly :) xx

:wave:

How are you finding this stage with a LO already? :shrug:

Im starting to struggle now (as I did in early pregnancy when I felt sooo rough, tired & sick) :wacko:

Bit nervous though of having 2 very littlies soon :help:

Yeh it's very tiring at the moment, I'm pretty lucky Libby is as independent as she is but she isn't sleeping well so can imagine first few month are going to be fun x

My DD isnt sleeping to well either right now (makes 2 of us!) But she is teething :hugs:

Im hoping that it will make the sleepless nights easier, as we are already used to them :winkwink:............Wishful thinking!! :dohh::haha:

Holy Moley! I don't log on for a few days and everyone has a baby! :lol:
Congrats ladies!

I have been AWOL feeling a bit disheartened after ANOTHER false start. Have been in and out of hosp for obs though as I've been ill and the swelling etc is still "suspect". :dohh: Have decided not to think about any possibility of baby coming before induction date in 9 days - for my own sanity more than anything!

Wondered if you were Ok, as hadnt seen you online for a while :flower: Sorry for the false start....I think you now have a good attitude :thumbup:

In the end Joshua Timothy Igglesden was born at 5:31am today, weighing 6lbs 1oz. So far he hasn't cried at all except when first born, he's feeding well and is just gorgeous. Labour was probably the worst experience I've had but to hold Josh in my arms is just something else.

Many Congrats :baby::cloud9:

Havent had time to catch up... Baby Jacob Walter was born today at 4.30pm after 2hrs 20mins of labour... I was induced as my waters had gone 50ish hours before with no labour, then meconium on my pad. He is jus amazing! 9lb 11oz of gorgeous. No tears, just a graze. Hypnobiryhing really helped me. More to follow later!

Many Congrats ~ Lovely quick labour :cloud9: Your LO weighs almost the same as my DS2 did :baby:

On a sappier note, I remember joining this thread in the beginning as a scared FTM to be, and it's so amazing having been with you ladies through the journey of pregnancy, and now, seeing everyone having their babies... it's awesome. :hugs: I'm so grateful for such a fabulous birth group. You ladies rock!

Awwww ~ WSS ^^

I still keep in touch with my 'December Dreamer 2010' Girls from when I was expecting DD :friends:

This is so exciting how many babies have arrived within the past 48 hours. I feel like we all just know each other now and I can't imagine my pregnancy without all of you! Isn't it crazy to think 9 months ago we were all posting with our BFP's!?

I want to thank you girls for your kind words regarding my regrets about the vacuum. You honestly made me feel soooooo much better and I am starting to realize that is just part of my labor story and there's nothing wrong with it even though it wasn't part of my "plan".

I was talking to my mom about it and she said "Well Amy, it's not entirely your fault... They basically made you delay pushing for 2 hours due to a shift change." I was confused and she reminded me about what I totally forgot! At 6am I was fully dilated and my contractions were strong and 1-2 mins apart. But I had the epidural so I was very comfortable. The drs and nurses recommended that I wait 2 hours and "labor down" naturally. By the time the 2 hours rolled around (aka 7:30 shift change) my contractions had slowed to 6-8 mins apart. Maybe if I had been encouraged to push back at 6am I would have made quicker progress and wouldn't have gotten so tired. It's crazy that I didn't even remember this fact looking back. I'm not mad, because it's not like they did it on purpose... But it's slightly annoying... And it actually makes me feel better knowing maybe it wasn't "my fault"

:hugs: I love this group.

And I'm glad you're feeling better Joker! :)

This is so exciting how many babies have arrived within the past 48 hours. I feel like we all just know each other now and I can't imagine my pregnancy without all of you! Isn't it crazy to think 9 months ago we were all posting with our BFP's!?

I want to thank you girls for your kind words regarding my regrets about the vacuum. You honestly made me feel soooooo much better and I am starting to realize that is just part of my labor story and there's nothing wrong with it even though it wasn't part of my "plan".

I was talking to my mom about it and she said "Well Amy, it's not entirely your fault... They basically made you delay pushing for 2 hours due to a shift change." I was confused and she reminded me about what I totally forgot! At 6am I was fully dilated and my contractions were strong and 1-2 mins apart. But I had the epidural so I was very comfortable. The drs and nurses recommended that I wait 2 hours and "labor down" naturally. By the time the 2 hours rolled around (aka 7:30 shift change) my contractions had slowed to 6-8 mins apart. Maybe if I had been encouraged to push back at 6am I would have made quicker progress and wouldn't have gotten so tired. It's crazy that I didn't even remember this fact looking back. I'm not mad, because it's not like they did it on purpose... But it's slightly annoying... And it actually makes me feel better knowing maybe it wasn't "my fault"

Yep, you shouldn't feel bad about it At All!!! My labor did not go at all how I had planned thanks to a "big" baby but I'm really not upset about any of it. I still brought him into the world even if it wasn't the way I'd imagined I would!!

Couple of questions:

ellitigg - what was your due date?

Why have I missed JP's details?! :dohh:

Mine? I posted a bit on the the page prior to your post here and posted my birth story and some pics in our mommy group!

Hi guys! Have to read back but I ready guppys story congrats brave mama!

I had Izzy @ 12:05 am 2/13/12! She was 7 lbs 10oz 20 inch long.

In the end I started pushing at 12:01 and she was out by 12:05!! Thank God not 3 hrs like my son.

I'll update more later :)

Hi guys! Have to read back but I ready guppys story congrats brave mama!

I had Izzy @ 12:05 am 2/13/12! She was 7 lbs 10oz 20 inch long.

In the end I started pushing at 12:01 and she was out by 12:05!! Thank God not 3 hrs like my son.

I'll update more later :)

Many Congrats :baby::cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back