February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

I was in a bay of only 2 of us Kelly... Sorry!

:dohh::haha:

Hey, I'm just popping in to let you know that I actually gave birth on January 20th! He was born at 5:07 am, and I had a completely natural birth. He's a boy (as expected) and we named him Carter and was born at 8lb 10oz (for almost 2 weeks already, I'm glad he came early!!)! We're so impressed with such a wonderful baby is, we're so in love :)

I didn't get on for so long because I had some personal health issues that came up after birth. I had a grand mal seizure about 20 minutes after birth, and after after a lot of tests it turns out I have a brain tumor. I had surgery almost 2 weeks ago, and now I'm going through Chemo and Radiation. Unfortunately I won't be able to breast feed, which I was so looking forward about, but obviously that's not an option at this point. I've got a long battle ahead of me, but I'm going to fight hard. My son is only just shy a month old, and I'm not leaving him without a mom. Any positive thoughts are much appreciated!

Here is a picture of our wonderful son:
https://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/julia_michelle/Carter/IMG_1275.jpg

Many Congratulations :baby::cloud9: What an adorable little Boy you have there (he weighed the same as my DD & she was a week early!)

So sorry to hear what you are going through now ~ But as you say, you have an excellent reason to fight this disease :grr:

Good luck, thinking of you :flower: Sending you my prayers & hugs :hug:

Julia congrats on your beautiful little boy. You are in my thoughts and prayers Hun. Xx

What do you do when baby HATES her bassinet? I lay her in it and if she manages to stay asleep its only for an hour max. If she's in bed with me, she'll sleep 3-4hrs at a time! I'm not opposed to cosleeping, but for when we travel, or she stays with grandparents or something, I'd really like her to sleep in her bassinet. I don't know what to do!!

I'm having such a hard time nursing. She is so mad at the breast like I'm not giving her enough or something but she won't even latch that long. We both cried for an hr no one would help me here. Finally gave her 1/2 oz formula in nursery then es was w them for 4 hrs :( when she came back she wouldn't nurse either se was too asleep. Now they are re testing for jaundice 2 numbers I heard were 10 and 13 idk this sucks!!!' I so don't want to fail at this. I'm so sad :(

Would they let you try a nipple shield Sapphire? Mallory will stay latched on with it, but without it, its a fight. I've had to supplement formula here and there also. Sometimes she's just so hungry, and I have nothing left to give after pumping and just feeding her. My lactation consultant kept reminding me to relax. I'd get so tense trying to get her on, and that's no good for my milk supply or Mallory.

You can't fail if you do all you can, and keep trying hun. She'll learn her part and you'll be going in no time!

Redhead, Aria won't stay in a bassinet more than 5 minutes before crying. :lol: She slept in it for 2 days before deciding she wanted cuddles. We didnt plan to cosleep but for now, we are. I figure I will wean her in time. Hopefully lol.

Aww Saphire. :hugs: no matter what, it's no failure. Is there an LC at the hospital to help you? If not, I'd call LLL once you arrive home. I know it sucks and it isn't easy. But even if she ends up FF or topping off at the hospital... doesn't mean she can't learn it. But no matter what you are not a failure. I'd ask for LC help if they have it in the hospital and see what they say first.

Julia - congratulations and so sorry to hear about your health struggles. Everytime you look at him he will give you strength :hugs:

Saphire - this has been the issue with Josh and why he ended up with low blood sugar. I was googling last night and found this really helpful website which i found so reassuring https://www.breastfeedingbasics.com/articles/waking-a-sleepy-baby

Josh's blood sugar got back to normal with some formula to supplement the breast milk. It is really slow progress because whereas he might only need about 3ml of BM to feed properly, he'd need about 40ml formula for the same effect. Giving him the formula to fix his blood sugar has meant his belly was full for hours and so we've been having trouble to get him to bf. since midnight he's only had BM so we'll see what his blood sugar is later. Fingers crossed x

I'm having such a hard time nursing. She is so mad at the breast like I'm not giving her enough or something but she won't even latch that long. We both cried for an hr no one would help me here. Finally gave her 1/2 oz formula in nursery then es was w them for 4 hrs :( when she came back she wouldn't nurse either se was too asleep. Now they are re testing for jaundice 2 numbers I heard were 10 and 13 idk this sucks!!!' I so don't want to fail at this. I'm so sad :(

I know how you feel, i ended up ebm and giving via bottle so i could get home we are slowly getting there with bf and i think its because we are both relaxed more.

Give her a few days its all new to you both, i cried so much over it because i didnt want to fail either but i felt i had.

We are all here for you, i have founs the ladies give great advice of bf xx

Wow... it's never this quiet in here... must be all the new babies keeping their mommies occupied.
Hope everyone is doing well. :flow:

I'm feeling pretty glum :( frustrated as I can't get ou the house with my toddler and I just want to meet him already, I was early with Libby so expected to be this time stupidly :( and no signs of him coming soon x

What do you do when baby HATES her bassinet? I lay her in it and if she manages to stay asleep its only for an hour max. If she's in bed with me, she'll sleep 3-4hrs at a time! I'm not opposed to cosleeping, but for when we travel, or she stays with grandparents or something, I'd really like her to sleep in her bassinet. I don't know what to do!!

wish meghan would sleep an hour in the moses basket, most she's managed recently is 10 mins :nope: She cosleeps at night for 4 hours at a time (then we have a cluster feed night!) in the day she only stays asleep if she's held. Do you have a sling or a carrier? we couldn't live without ours, she stays asleep and i have 2 hands free so can acually get stuff done:haha: it's only temporary though - by 3/4 months she's be able to sooth herself and find her fingers to suck etc so by then should be ok in a crib/cot it's just a the moment she startles or fidgets and wakes herself in the crib but if I'm holding her and give her a quick rock she setles again

Julia, congrats on your early valentine, so sorry to hear your health issues, your in my thoughts and prayers xxxxx if it helps my mum was diagnosed with a terminal illness when pregnant with me, there have been a couple of touch and go moments but she's still here and is now enjoying being a grandma :flower:

Well Josh and I are back at home, thank goodness. It was so frustrating having to be in hospital but I feel like I had a 24 hour intensive training session on how to breast feed and read my baby better, so it was really useful. I'm nervous about tonight but determined to make it work!

I'm feeling pretty glum :( frustrated as I can't get ou the house with my toddler and I just want to meet him already, I was early with Libby so expected to be this time stupidly :( and no signs of him coming soon x

:hugs: I felt the same way before Aubrey arrived; frustrated to be stuck in the house with a toddler (and I was exhausted all the time, so couldn't really interact with her etc as much as she wanted) and just wanting to meet baby. Now I'm stuck in the house with a clingy toddler who wants to sit on my lap for 2-3 hours every morning and a fussy newborn (gas issues at the moment...). Pretty much both sides drove me insane :lol:

Hope you start feeling better soon. My MWs always told me once I got 'the look' - just totally done with being pregnant - I would have baby very soon... With DD they told me I had 'the look' two days before I had her and I was feeling very glum at that point. ;)

So... I just passed a big clot... Not huge, but not small... Typically I cancelled the postpartum appointment I was supposed to have today at 2:30pm and passed the clot around that time!!! o_O Irony?

How do you tell the difference between a bit of placenta and a blood clot? DH says to run it under some water and see if it breaks down... =/ If it's just a blood clot I'm not too worried (unless I start bleeding heavily or get a fever/feel weird) but if it's a bit of placenta, I'm not cool with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->