February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

saphire and elli :hugs: and good work with the breastfeeding it does get easier. just try to get the support where it's available - try a local LLL contact or look at the old pages on he post-natal thread, we discussed sleepy babies and topping up with formula quite a bit, I think tiggertea put a link in the first post x

swan the engorement sould sort out in a couple of days, meg had been satisfied by one side- so my supply stared to drop- so shes started taking both sides (and sometimes going back to the first side again!) every time and now my supply is going up again! and I hear you on the wanting a nap!!

Julia, your LO is adorable. You are in my thoughts and prayers, I hope that everything goes well for you.

Swan, I just got out of the engorgement phase.... Adelina seems very pleased that I have real milk.... but then she doesn't want to wake up, I have to force her awake after 3-4 hours to eat! I hope that it is getting better for you hunny!! :hugs:

Elli, I am glad you and Josh are at home now. KMFX that tonight goes well for you both!

Saphire, :hugs:

GossipGirly, hoping your bundle decides to get here soon!

AFM, Adelina is having problems with eye crusties on one of her eyes. I have been putting EBM on it today (which the doctor (and many friends) recommended with DS2).

:hugs: to those struggling with newborn issues :hugs:

I'm feeling pretty glum :( frustrated as I can't get ou the house with my toddler and I just want to meet him already, I was early with Libby so expected to be this time stupidly :( and no signs of him coming soon x

:hugs: Why cant you get out? :shrug: Are you snowed in?

Now I'm stuck in the house with a clingy toddler who wants to sit on my lap for 2-3 hours every morning and a fussy newborn (gas issues at the moment...). Pretty much both sides drove me insane :lol:

:dohh:

something im not looking forward too :wacko:

GossipGirly (and anyone else with 2 LO's) ~ Which pushchair have you got? :shrug:

Tiger should be having her section now or has already. I think it was at 7:30pm my time or so (half hour ago).

My engorgement has settled itself as she is coming off the peak of her growth spurt. She's very gassy though and not so happy.

:hugs: to you GG. I hope you're feeling better soon and that your LO comes very soon!!

Yaaaawn. I want aria to wake up so we can play. And so I can wear her out so she hopefully sleeps tonight :rofl:

What do you do when baby HATES her bassinet? I lay her in it and if she manages to stay asleep its only for an hour max. If she's in bed with me, she'll sleep 3-4hrs at a time! I'm not opposed to cosleeping, but for when we travel, or she stays with grandparents or something, I'd really like her to sleep in her bassinet. I don't know what to do!!

wish meghan would sleep an hour in the moses basket, most she's managed recently is 10 mins :nope: She cosleeps at night for 4 hours at a time (then we have a cluster feed night!) in the day she only stays asleep if she's held. Do you have a sling or a carrier? we couldn't live without ours, she stays asleep and i have 2 hands free so can acually get stuff done:haha: it's only temporary though - by 3/4 months she's be able to sooth herself and find her fingers to suck etc so by then should be ok in a crib/cot it's just a the moment she startles or fidgets and wakes herself in the crib but if I'm holding her and give her a quick rock she setles again

That sounds just like Mallory! I have a carrier, but its for when baby is older and sitting up. Thanks for the tip!! Sounds like I'm going to have to invest in a sling ASAP. :)

Do you guys breastfeed in bed? Or do you get up to feed? And what exactly does "cluster feed" mean?

Sometimes I feed in bed. But usually not since she's noisy and poor Chris has to work. lol.

Cluster feed is when they nurse non-stop. Like when they go through a growth spurt. Aria was attached to the boob from 7-9pm and then 11-2 the other night. (or something like that I forget the exact hours). She would nap briefly with the nipple in her mouth but suddenly wake and suck again and if I tried to take it away? Forget it. She'd wake up and eat more! It doesn't last long for her, maybe 2-3 days where she has a period of cluster feeding though. Went through it for 2 growth spurts so far. It's draining but best advice I have is keep drinks and snacks handy and hydrate often!! lol. Also Netflix or a book or something is nice. :rofl:

Redhead, I feed in bed. I did with the boys and I do with Adelina, it gave me an easier latch position..... and it makes it easier to get back to sleep. We are co-sleeping for now. We have a bassinet but we have not brought it in from the shed, and I like not having to go too far to get her at night.

Kelly, Tiger has been having pains, I believe that she had lost her waters last week. She started having bad contractions. She went to the doctors and she was at 3cm dilated, so she got admitted for observation and was at 4cm last that she mentioned dilation. They moved her section up, and I am guessing that she should be done.

Kelly, Tiger has been having pains, I believe that she had lost her waters last week. She started having bad contractions. She went to the doctors and she was at 3cm dilated, so she got admitted for observation and was at 4cm last that she mentioned dilation. They moved her section up, and I am guessing that she should be done.

Oh wow! :happydance: How did I not know this?

Wishing her good luck :baby::cloud9: Cant wait to hear

I don't think she announced it on here... I think it was just on the FB group... hehe I joined just in time!!

Also, lilrojo had a little boy at 8:08 pm tonight (Wednesday), weighing 6 lbs 6 oz!! :)

:dance:
All of these babies! Are there going to be any left for the end of the month? :haha:

...i still can't believe i went 2 weeks early!!!! I def was not planning on it :blush: ...but im glad thats done with :rofl:

from Tiger:

Introducing holly Maddison skylah, born at 39 weeks 16/2 at 1131am 3.7kg,37cm head circumference and 50cm long

Attachments

• holly.jpg
    holly.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 4
I don't think she announced it on here... I think it was just on the FB group... hehe I joined just in time!!

Also, lilrojo had a little boy at 8:08 pm tonight (Wednesday), weighing 6 lbs 6 oz!! :)

I feel left out ~ I dont have fb :nope:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congrats to lilrojo :baby::cloud9:

from Tiger:

Introducing holly Maddison skylah, born at 39 weeks 16/2 at 1131am 3.7kg,37cm head circumference and 50cm long

Thanks swan :thumbup:

Many Congrats Tiger, adorable :baby::cloud9: Doesnt she look like her big brother

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->