Fed up! Bad batch? **updated - BFN

red_head

Reaction score
I’ve been having faint bfps on and off since my son was born sleeping on 25th of March. They have gone completely negative twice now, and then started showing faint lines again. I don’t think it’s a new pregnancy. The darkened test is this mornings one - very faint but there. The dark test out of the packet is so weird! I saw a faint line yesterday afternoon, left it in the bathroom side and got in the bath - husband came in and I showed him, he passed it to me and I dropped it in the water. Pulled it out and then the line got darker! I know it’s not valid but do you think it’s faulty batch? Or over saturation? I’ve dipped them and not dipped them to see if it changes the result but it’s still faint line. There’s faint lines on test strips but not enough to photograph. And I don’t think it’s the hook effect as I did one yesterday mixed with water incase and it was still just a faint line.
I have text the midwife but surprise surprise haven’t heard back.
Just fed up. I want to be pregnant again.

Attachments

• 6C3FCA8E-6203-4026-A04B-468B0051C9B7.jpg
    6C3FCA8E-6203-4026-A04B-468B0051C9B7.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 9917506C-F149-460D-A4E0-1AA337F39AC2.jpg
    9917506C-F149-460D-A4E0-1AA337F39AC2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 72
I'm sorry for your loss xx

I do see a 2nd line and it looks pink to me

I see a pink line there . Definitely a re test situation.x im sorry for your loss ....i hope this is the start of your bfp xx

I’ve tested a few times but it’s still the same. I don’t think it’s a new pregnancy - I just wondered why it was darker after being dropped in the bath! And whether it’s possibel to get pregnant again with old hcg in the system still?
Midwife text back - just said might be worth speaking to gp. I swear they are so useless here.

Not very helpful to you at all. Check in with GP for your levels to be taken lovely :hugs:

Yeah I think I will have to, I want to avoid it as I know they will just refer me to the epu or maternity services and I still can’t face the thought of going back there. I was hoping the midwife would be able to arrange the bloods directly but there you go! Thank you all x

That line is definitely pink and obvious, but I've followed your story and I really hesitate to give you false hope :hugs: I hope you can get some answers.

Yeah I think I will have to, I want to avoid it as I know they will just refer me to the epu or maternity services and I still can’t face the thought of going back there. I was hoping the midwife would be able to arrange the bloods directly but there you go! Thank you all x

Sorry for your loss sweet.. on this occasion Go to epac and demand a blood test hun with your history you’re classed as high risk as I am I’ve been having mixed signals on test these last couple of days and they’ve drawn for me only on the basis of my MC past please make sure they do something... have they checked to make sure you’re clear of left over tissue etc? X

Thank you both
They’ve done no tests since I left the hospital - they said I was supposed to have a blood test which I arranged but then they hadn’t done the paperwork so I couldn’t have the test and I don’t even know what it was for. No checks for tissue but they had to remove the placenta with forceps (sorry tmi) so I assume they would have gotten everything?
As the tests are faint do you think I could get away with waiting a little longer? Although I thought I tested out the hcg before, it went totally white so didn’t test again, then period was late so I tested and got faint lines that then went negative again, had period so assumed it was left over (as I don’t want to consider other possibilities) and now I’m getting faint lines again. I don’t think it can be a new pregnancy as I’m cd 20 today and think I ovulated around cd15 so it would be too early soon. Only did a test as I still don’t feel right. Also I just remembered I had a faint line on a test strip one on cd15 too but did another and it was negative! Argh!

Today’s test. Ran out of frers but ordered some which should arrive today. The line in this strip one is really thin, again can’t tell if it’s real or not, don’t know if it’s old or new, it’s darker than others but I don’t think it looks valid? It looks grey in the photo too. It’s an internet cheapy test strip one

Attachments

• BDD37BF7-E1B6-4391-859E-7D7C5B8E76D4.jpg
    BDD37BF7-E1B6-4391-859E-7D7C5B8E76D4.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 50
Still not been feeling right, did a test as I’m going to bed and it’s this - test isn’t even dried yet. Definite progression. I can’t help feel excited just hope I’m not setting myself up for another fall..

Attachments

• 870DBC57-9384-43C0-A5B7-EB095CA4896E.jpg
    870DBC57-9384-43C0-A5B7-EB095CA4896E.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 57
Oh red!! That is a definite bfp!!! Praying so hard for you.

So sorry about your loss.

Like PP I can also see a positive!
Wishing you the best of luck x

Oh my sweet lovely red!!!! That is progression for sure, I knowyou are hesitant because of what happened, but I feelin this moment on this day you are pregnant, and that's hope you have hope! Hang in there my lovely lovely lady, you are strong you are courageous you are amazing and i don't know a more deserving mama out there!

That looks like a beautiful second line. Im keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Beautiful progression sweet!! You deserve this ��

Looks a bfp to me. Good luck for a darker line next time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->