Fed up, scared and excited all at the same time

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I'm 36+5 today and have an induction booked for 6th November when I'll be 39 weeks due to GD.

I feel like I've been pregnant forever. With my son I was induced at 37 weeks and it was a difficult labour so I'm hoping to go into spontaneous labour this time around.

Baby is head down and keeps headbutting me down below which causes shooting pains. I am so exhausted, it takes all my effort just to do small things like walk upstairs to go for a pee! Sleeping in bed is a nightmare because I have to turn over every what feels like 5 mins. I don't even have the energy to walk the dog because I keep getting breathless :(

A bit of a pointless thread really, I just needed to have a good whinge haha anyone else feeling the same, feel free to join in!

I totally understand, I'm only 32 weeks tomorrow and can't sleep due to pain and can't do anything without getting tightenings pian etc. I've been induced twice and neither was bad so fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly for you. In the mean time try bouncing on a ball to encoethe head to move down more xx

I feel your pain at 33 weeks. I’m in so much pain with pgp plus I get those shooting pains all the time!! Not long to go for your induction! Must be exciting and scary to actually have a date

good luck x

Oh sweetie sending hugs, I feel your pain with this, between rfm and gd and strangely remembering dd birth I am starting to get very anxious. Sending big hugs you’ll be ok just remember you know your body

That's understandable :hugs: Hoping all goes well ❤️

Big hugs!! It's definitely frustrating with all the symptoms and it does feel like this has been dragging on forever. I heard a good one - you're pregnant for 7 months and 2 years!

I'm 38+1 today and scheduled for a c-section for my breech boy on Sunday (39w) and talk about a flood of different emotions. Excited to meet him, excited to be done with the plethora of "lovely" pregnancy symptoms but also scared to death as a first time mom!

It's so frustrating, too, when everyone is telling you to try and get as much rest as you can because you'll need it - meanwhile sleeping is a nightmare already. If you don't have one already, I highly recommend the pregnancy pillows in bed. I have a U shaped one that has been an absolute godsend, though sleeping is still a struggle at times, especially when peeing every hour (or more!) My partner despises the thing but I told him it's that or a very unhappy me! Plus it's just temporary until baby gets here.

I hope your induction goes much better this time around if you get to that point. Fingers crossed for spontaneous labor! :)

Thank you for all your lovely comments. Sorry for the delay in replying, I haven't logged in for a few days.

I ended up in triage yesterday because little miss wasn't moving much. Typically as soon as i was put on the monitor she started going crazy making me out to be a liar haha!

Everything on the monitor looked fine and I have been having a few period like pains which showed up on the monitor as tightenings. Baby's head is also quite low down too. They've moved my scan booked for the 4th to tomorrow but said I could go into labour spontaneously before I'm induced on the 6th so fingers crossed!

Big hugs!! It's definitely frustrating with all the symptoms and it does feel like this has been dragging on forever. I heard a good one - you're pregnant for 7 months and 2 years!

I'm 38+1 today and scheduled for a c-section for my breech boy on Sunday (39w) and talk about a flood of different emotions. Excited to meet him, excited to be done with the plethora of "lovely" pregnancy symptoms but also scared to death as a first time mom!

It's so frustrating, too, when everyone is telling you to try and get as much rest as you can because you'll need it - meanwhile sleeping is a nightmare already. If you don't have one already, I highly recommend the pregnancy pillows in bed. I have a U shaped one that has been an absolute godsend, though sleeping is still a struggle at times, especially when peeing every hour (or more!) My partner despises the thing but I told him it's that or a very unhappy me! Plus it's just temporary until baby gets here.

I hope your induction goes much better this time around if you get to that point. Fingers crossed for spontaneous labor! :)

Haha 7 months and 2 years does sound very accurate! I only made it to 37+2 with DS so already I'm a bit further along this time.

Good luck with your section hun! I was considering a section this time due to a traumatic birth last time and whilst doing my research a lot of people were saying that a planned section is quite relaxed :)

I'm trying to get as much rest as I can but it is sooo difficult! I do have a pregnancy pillow but I still struggle to get comfy because I'm constantly tossing and turning from side to side and that is a chore in itself because my bump is so big. I cant wait to sleep on my tummy again as soon as baby is here!

Good luck with your section, I will be thinking of you :flower:

Thank you!! That's so exciting that spontaneous labor could be right around the corner :wohoo:
Hope everything goes well for you!!

Thank you! I had a phone call not long after I last posted to say they couldn't fit me in for a scan tomorrow so I've been today instead. Turns out I have raised fluid around the baby and have to go back in the morning to see the consultant so I'm not sure what's going to happen tomorrow.

Movements are reduced again this evening but she is still moving so I'm holding off till my appointment at 9am. Got a feeling they might want to induce me earlier but I'll see what's said tomorrow and keep you posted x

Thanks Bev. I feel it was a complete waste of time! I waited for over an hour to be seen by the consultant this morning. He basically said that normal fluid levels are between 2-8cm and my levels are measuring at 8.3cm so only slightly raised. I told him about the reduced movement last night, he asked what movements were like today and I said baby seems to be moving normally.

He then said if I feel reduced movement again to phone triage and go up to the maternity unit.

I don't know why the appointment couldn't of been done over the phone tbh :shrug:

How frustrating that you didn't really get any answers :(

How frustrating that you didn't really get any answers :(

I know :( I'm just going to bounce on my birthing ball as much as possible and see if I can hurry little miss along before they induce me next Friday x

Thanks Bev, it's done nothing so far :( I'm in such a stinker of a mood today! DS is so bored because its half term but we are on tier 3 and it's raining so there's not much we can do. I'd gladly go for a walk in the rain but I don't think I'd get as far as the end of the street :( I just wish I could go to sleep and wake up when it's time to go to hospital!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->