fed up.

Caroline

Proud Mum of 4
Reaction score
Just taken Alisha to see Dr as she has a persistant cough when she wakes up. He thinks it maybe asthma and has given us ventolin syrup for a week, if it clears up, but returns when we stop ventolin then have to go back for inhaler.

I do everything by the book when pg, have bf both her and DS til 9 months plus yet he has asthma, eczema and food intolerances, and now Alisha may have asthma, and Kayleigh has some eczema too although Alisha had the odd patch and grew out of it). Where did i go wrong?

I hope Kayleigh can be weaned as late as possible. Alisha was weaned at 4 months (as per govement guidelines at the time) and there was no way i could have left her any longer.

Hun you can't blame yourself ...

ezema and ashma normally skip a generation or two ...

My great grandpa had both ashma and ezema ... my dad has ezema i should have got neither i have both!!

Thing is the way the planet is these days and with all the shite in the air ashma rates are on there way up ... its not your fault!

Hugs

xxx

hun dont beat yourself up.

Rebecca is on an inhaler as she has asthma-I have it too. u have done nothing wrong. its not pleasant but can be treated very well.

big hugs :hugs:

Gabriel already has inhalers for his asthma, its horrible 'cos he can't eat certain foods dur to them triggering eczema/asthma/allergic reaction. He always asks now if he can have stuff, Today he said how it makes him sad that he can't have stuff.

There isn't any real family history of asthma, except my mums cousins little girl. My grandad had emphysema but that was result of pnuemonia.

I get very occasional eczema, and OH has hayfever since mid 20's, but no real allergies its weird.

I get peed off too Caroline. You should see the state of Ella's legs, her excema is really bad at the moment. Suncream really effects it and the doctor today said not to use it (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and instead cover her up. How bloody miserable for her, no going to the beach, wearing long trousers and tops (I felt awful at toddler group the other day when she was there in practically her winter clothes!). Even in the bath she's constantly digging at it and making it bleed, she has to be dressed asap. The warm weather, grass etc all seem to make it bad. She was bf for 10.5 months and I introduced some solids at 20 weeks for a few days but then stopped again as it didn't feel right. From her ankles to her bum cheeks is all scratched up :(
She doesn't have asthma but I worry about Alex and his breathing, I'm hoping that he doesn't develop it.
My mum has hayfever and asthma, fil has dermatitis (Matt says it's unrelated and caused by his work but I think there is a link). My half brother has asthma and excema.

Kina i bought Gabriel some suncream from the health food shop, which is all natural and made from Aloe Vera it seems to be the only one that doesn't make his eczema bad. I'll let you know exact details later as he's gone to school with it today.

What do you use for Ella's skin?

We tried allsorts, in the end it was paediatrician we saw for his weight who sorted so it was calmer. We used to have same prob with Gabriel, we had to keep him in sleepsuits, until 12 months cos otherwise he scratched his legs so they were red raw, bleeding and weeping.

PM if you want to chat and i'll send u my msn.

i got prescribed a sunblock 4m docs tht practically everything free! is maybe worth askin gp hun it was liek factor 50+ too :D

What do you use for Ella's skin?

She has hydrocortisone cream and aveeno cream and bath oil. Plus a super strong steroid cream which seems to be helping, she wasn't digging at her bum cheeks in the bath tonight which is an improvement! She's waking up in the night though crying and itching which is really sad :(

We got a different steroid for Gabriel, initially prescribed by paed, when he was a year old called "elocon" it worked much better than hydrocortisone as when stopped hydrocort, eczema just came back.

You may well find over time the emollients become less effective initially we had dermol which was brill, but after awhile it irritated, then had hydromol, which after awhile reacted, then went t usiing Aloe Vera which i bought myself which works well, but also have epaderm, its quite solid, but find thids works the best, works wwll on odd patches Alisha has. Am trying it with Kayleigh 'cos aqueous is making her eczema worse.

What really got Gabriels eczema under control was a combination of dermo l(emollient), elocon (steroid), and ucerax (a type of anti-histamine i think, but tated revolting).

Now just use epaderm nightly,and elocon when flares up (only use a tube every 6 months).

Unfortunately he starts swimming with school tomorrow and that plays havoc with his skin.

Glad Ella's skin is settling its horrible seeing them in so much discomfort, have u tried wet wraps at night, they might give her some relief.

Sorry to be thick but what are wet wraps?

We've been taking her swimming recently so that would tie in. Bloody excema is so annoying!! It could be 101 things causing it to flare up and it's not fair :(

Wet wraps are like bandages that u soak in cold water then you wrap around the affected area, it alleviates the itching and also stops them scratching if bad may be worth asking gp about getting some.

You could try oatmeal in the bath too. This is really good. I tried Lush dream cream on Jonny's eczema because he kept having to have hydrocortisone cream on flare ups. The lush cream is amazing and I won't use anything else now I have found it.

I find the epaderm really good for Gabriel it keeps everything under control. Kayleigh's eczena was gtting worse and the aqueous was a waste of space so used some of Gabriel's epaderm and its clearing up nicely, i have stopped drinking orange squash too 'cos i don't think that was helping.

Just taken Alisha to see Dr as she has a persistant cough when she wakes up. He thinks it maybe asthma and has given us ventolin syrup for a week, if it clears up, but returns when we stop ventolin then have to go back for inhaler.

I do everything by the book when pg, have bf both her and DS til 9 months plus yet he has asthma, eczema and food intolerances, and now Alisha may have asthma, and Kayleigh has some eczema too although Alisha had the odd patch and grew out of it). Where did i go wrong?

I hope Kayleigh can be weaned as late as possible. Alisha was weaned at 4 months (as per govement guidelines at the time) and there was no way i could have left her any longer.

:hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->