Fed Up!

MrsE

Reaction score
Morning all,

I'm fed up today, I've cried twice already.

FIL and DH's brother are really winding me up getting DH to help them all the time an they never offer to help us.
FIL must have paid about £9k since DH's brother got his house and now he's getting them a new bathroom suite and a new cooker.
yet we have to pay for the privelidge of buying their old car for £500.
And FIL said that if DH's brother hadn't got a new car then he would have given him the old car for nothing.

I am so angry.

The blatant favouritism is really winding me up.

We were going out saturady but now DH has been roped into fitting a bathroom for his brother and doing his tiling. It's a fu*king joke.
He just lets it go because he doesn't like arguing.
Yet FIL and MIL are still barely speaking to since we went to Gretna Green to get married. 1.5 years later still no card or present.

I got our niece a bratz doll for her brithday, its a tanned cowgirl with 2 different outfits and they were laughing because it didn't look white...WTF.
Niece loved it which is the main thing, but if your going to laugh at someones present that they spent a lot of time looking for then you wouldn't tell them to their face would you.
So I said to DH they can all get stuffed, they're getting a gift voucher for Xmas like it or lump it.

I am so Fu*king Angry and poor DH is on the end of it.

Sorry, rant over, I think it's exagerated by the hormones and the fact that I'm scared to death that I'm going to miscarry again and my cramps are easing up a lot. I feel so fed up I just want to curl up and cry.

Cx

:hugs: charm.

I know how you feel, Robs mum plays favouritism with Rob and his sister and it really annoys me!
Thankfully shes settled down a bit since some things have happened but will see if she changes back at christmas.

ohh hun i understnad what you mean my friends partner is like that he helps others and then the other people dont bother calling to thier house when they know he has work to do to the house so i know what your on about it takes the mick i know if you want to rant and rave carry on :hugs:

Ohhh don't even go there..............we too have the 'family' problems with ours interfering with buying a family property and leaving us in debt for their privilidge in sticking their oar in!!! :cry:

I have had a skinful of it all today and just want to up and move away as far as possible from them all and lead our own little lives in which they cannot interfere and have nothing to do with them!!!

Sad thing is, we all get on great, but it is My Mum's place we are buying where my Nan lives, and my Aunt & Uncle are just making it impossible for us to complete, we should have been completing tomorrow, instead, for many more stipulations asked for today, I think we will be pulling out and therefore have to find the legal fees and so on :evil:

I am pissed right off!!

Mrs E, we should go out and get bloody sloshed and to hell with the lot of them! :x Start saying 'NO' to them!!

Sorry, Rant over! xx

Rant away, families can be such a pain. We now live 350 miles away from our families to mainly get away from my mother. She is such a nightmare. When we were visiting in August (in laws live close to mother and stay with MIL& FIL as have 3X more than mother) all she did was moan. I know shes my mum but I have a life too with my DH, DS and DD (plus bump). She expects me to put here b4 my family all the time. I won't go into details but I had to end phone call with her as she was getting me so up tight. I then spent following day at Drs with abdom pains. Fortunately it was nothing but mother did back off a bit. It doesn't resolve the situation but I always think a good moan always makes you feel better especially if its with sympathetic friends. Hope everything goes ok for you both, heres hoping you have a happy, healthy and stress free pregnancy.

Awwwwwwww you are going theu it too!! Why are they like it?!

I hope you too have a stress free pregnancy babe......lets not let 'em get to us anymore, we have our little bumps to look after now :wink:

And I think you're right, after my rant, I have really chilled :D

Wos having a moan to best m8 and she relied I always wondered why you moved so far away from your family now I know why :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

I always wondered why people did that, now I know :shock:

I would live anywhere my Mum was......but now she is not here, it seems everyone is interfeing in what was HER business :roll: hey ho! :gun:

I find I'm closer to my MIL than my mum. Could be 'cos mum & I lived with g'parents from when I was 18 months old and they brought me up. I was really close to my grandad and I was devastated when he died 10 yrs ago. I think the biggest problem with my mum is she can't accept I'm all grown up and have my own life now. As she never remarrried I feel that she expected me to live at home forever and have my own life. I feel really bad about moaning cos lots of people don't have there mum around like you Tam but I find it really difficult to feel close to her.

I know they don't babe......but it is not like you are treating her bad, you are just not close, and I know not everyone is like I was with my Mum, so don't worry about having a rant babe........we all have our problems with family members, no matter who they are :hugs: xx

Thanks Tam :hugs: I hope you get your family members sorted out. Take Care Caroline

Aww :hugs:

Think your being nice myself Charm personally I'd of said they are getting F all! I'd buy the kids prezzies (not vouchers) & sod the adults!#

x

Dont blame you for getting stressed by them all!! we've moved to the very very opposite end of the country(nearly 600miles!!) to put some space between us and BOTH familys, best thing we ever did :rofl: )
its a shame when the people who should be your biggest supporters are the ones who grind you down!! :roll: We still get the grief in doses when we visit or on the phone but its much much easier to deal with(we dont argue cos of them half as much)
Has to be said, that for the sake of our marriage we did the best thing!!

Totally agree with you muffin we did the same. My mother still blames dh tho and says its his fault we moved way, I think she should look a bit closer to home. The other day she said that to MIL face. I could have died of embarrassment when MIL told me :oops:

:lol:

Corrrr are we all feeling better after our rants? :rofl:

It is D day for us today, we will know if we are buying the property or not.......the talks are happening with OH as I type :? there is a big family get together :roll:

But I am feeling much better :D oohhhhhhhhhhh here is Paul.........[color]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->