• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feed intervals getting shorter

Katteh

Reaction score
My little boy has generally gone 3 hours between feeds since he was about 2 weeks old, with one 4 hour stretch at night, and taken 45 mins to an hour to feed. Last Saturday (5 weeks and 5 days old) he started going 2-2.5 hourly between feeds and then mostly 3 hourly overnight, with the exception of some nights where he goes 4-5 hours. He is also starting to only take 30 mins to feed, which is something at least.

Does this sound like the 6 week growth spurt? Is there any chance he might start going longer again?!

You are lucky to have had three hours between feeds to start with! Babies will vary their nursing as the grow and hit milestones/ growth spurts. My baby was nursing were hour during the day at six weeks!

Could be but my daughter never left my boob for 2 weeks during the 6 week growth spurt not even for sleep ..but yes he should go back to sleeping longer hours maybe even longer than before if your lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->