Feeding and Bedtime Routines Help

Gwizz

Boys Rule!
Reaction score
My LO has had a routine of feeding (breast) every 2 hours since birth and its becoming very tiring now hes 5+ weeks. We have started in the last 2 weeks to give him a formula bottle as his last night feed but that doesnt work, even tried hungry baby formula - i just cant get more than 2 hours :(

I also have trouble getting him back down to sleep at night, he will nod off fine after feeding then wake as soon as I lay him back down (can take up to an hour which means he normally wants feeding within the next hour :( ) - he seems to hate being on his back to sleep and makes lots of wierd moaning noises for about 30 mins after!

I dont know what to try and extend this, atm I dont bath him every night but should I start this as a 'routine' now? and at what time?

Also should I place the moses basket in the cot in the nursery? (opposite the bedroom) to see if this would extend the time between feeds as I think sometimes we are waking each other up.

Any advice or tips greatly appreciated from a very tired, unsure, first mummy

xxx

He is still very young hun. Oscar was the same until about 9 weeks when he started going longer at night although he still feeds every two hours in the day. His tummy is still really small so he cant take alot of formula in one go which is why he is waking so often. The only thing I can suggest is a dummy. This did help us get an extra hour or so sometimes. He will grow out of it though, the first 8 weeks are the hardest!

Ty babes its just quite disheartening when im so very tired and just thinking anything , just anything might be worth a try lol. Heres to the next few weeks !

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"