feeding and being tired

L

louloubelle76

How long is your baby going between feeds?

During the day she goes 3/4 hours but of a night its 2/3 hours and im shattered

How are you ladies coping with tiredness?:sleep:

Alex feeds every 4 hours during the day and demand feeds at night. Sometimes he wake up 4 hourly and sometimes he sleeps through till 5/6

I found the tiredness super hard with both girls, looking back I was up longer with our 27weeker and I dont know how I did it! I remember sleeping in and taking naps while she did. Impossible with 2 though, feeding my second was really hard as I was breast feeding and no-one could help there! Matchsticks to keep my eyes open! :shock:

It does pass though, remind yourself she won't be waking in the night forever!

We are on 4-5.5hourly feeds which is pretty good. Are you breast feeding?
It does get better tiredness wise, and I found it much harder with No 1 than No 2 who is a much easier baby, plus I think you get a bit immune to it.

no not breast feeding didnt produce any,

I keep telling myself the tiredness and sleepless nights isnt forever lol

My son was bang on 3 hours for the first 3 weeks then went to 4 hours till he was 6 weeks then slept through... I was one of the lucky ones. Remember every baby is different and it still is early days. Have you tried a soother? xx

My son eats every 3 hours. At night he gets up like clockwork. My pediatrician said to not let him sleep for more 3 hours during the day, let him sleep longer at night and don't feed him early. So sometimes I wake him up during the day if he doesn't wake up after 3 hours.

It is hard! But hang in there, it does get better. After 2 1/2 months he still gets up every three hours and I pump after every feeding so I get like 2 hours of sleep at a time. Your body will adjust :) Taking naps while they sleep throughout the day helps!

Today I finally got the go ahead from the pediatrician to give him a little cereal to keep him fuller longer. So I am hoping he sleeps longer at night! Fingers crossed :-D You can ask your doctor to see if this is an option for you.

Is your LO having "awake" periods yet? If so try to keep them up during the day. This has been sooo hard to do, but we are working on it.

Hang in there! Sending hugs your way!

thanks ladies for your reply's sorry havent been on you know how it is lol

last night she managed to go 3 and half hours was very pleased with her, im feeling not so tired anymore, could be the caffiene lol

she does has a dummy when she doesnt settle but last night she didnt need it

she is now on 4 oz im very pleased

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back