Feeding routines, again...

Cheesepuff

Reaction score
I am struggling to get my LO to eat solids.... I started weaning him at 5 months, but started slow with baby porridge and fruit purees. He is nearly 7 months old now and if the food doesn't take his fancy, he will not open his mouth for the spoon.... So, I'm wondering if you could post your feeding routines, as I'm not sure I'm doing this right. His current schedule is:

6.30 - 7am Porridge (loves this) + yoghurt
8.30 am Bottle (5-6 oz)
11 am Lunch - some solids & 5 oz bottle
3 pm Bottle of 5 oz
6pm Dinner of solids, most of it refused & 5 oz bottle
7/8pm Bottle before bed of 6 oz

I have tried all sorts of solids, but he only seems to like the Ella's kitchen ready made ones and seems to refuse my homemade dishes. Loves youghurt though & I try to give him fingerdoods like toast etc.

Should I also try to introduce snacks? I am getting worried that he isn't getting enough nutrition, as he really doesn't take more than couple of spoonfuls of solids at a time...

I had a similar problem with Sam. We started weaning at dead on 6 months and he refused to open his mouth for a spoon and would get very upset if I pushed. I tried just giving just finger foods but he wasn't bothered with feeding himself either!I stopped trying in the end and then tried again about 3/4 weeks ago and he suddenly started eating. I now know he just wasn't ready before. I'm sure your LO will eat when he is ready. Our current feeding routine is roughly as follows:

6.30am 5oz bottle
7.30am ready brek followed by a yoghurt or banana
12pm lunch
3.30pm 5oz bottle
5pm tea
7pm bottle

He has snacks in between as well and I have tried to get him to take more milk but he has never been a big milk drinker and refuses to take any more although he sometimes has a bottle in the night as well.

Ruby never has opened her mouth for a spoon. One option is to do BLW instead, this is what we've done.

Thanks :) I will look into the BLW, as he seems to love his fingerfood, even though hardly any of it makes it into his mouth yet ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->