Feeding

RaJaKen

Reaction score
I have a problem with my 2year old and 10 mos. son. He can not still eat family food.He is dependent on milk and cerelac.I try to mash the boiled potato,squash and etc. I also make a rice porridge but he can not swallow them.What should I do and what other food do I give to him?

I have a problem with my 2year old and 10 mos. son. He can not still eat family food.He is dependent on milk and cerelac.I try to mash the boiled potato,squash and etc. I also make a rice porridge but he can not swallow them.What should I do and what other food do I give to him?

has he ever eaten food?
have you seen a doctor about it as at almost 3 he should literally eat anything - and you say he cant swallow even porridge - have you had this checked out?

Is the issue with the 10 month old or the 2 year old ??

When did you start weaning ??

Do they have finger foods ?

Is the issue with the 10 month old or the 2 year old ??

When did you start weaning ??

Do they have finger foods ?

I wondered that - but I found an old post by the OP here: https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/76976-chewing.html#post1175272

which says she was having this same issue in Nov 2008 with a 21 month old...which now would be a 2yr & 10 months old - so I assumed (maybe wrongly) that this is a almost 3 yr old with the same issue.

It was suggested she saw a doctor back then....

i would be very worried if a nearly 3 year old was not eating any food without prior medical issues - and if there were medical issues these shoudl be seen as urgent medical matter !

We've been to three different doctors but they had the same advice-"he'll just learn it as the time goes by because he has no medical problem or whatsoever"

We've been to three different doctors but they had the same advice-"he'll just learn it as the time goes by because he has no medical problem or whatsoever"

hmm, I'd like to be able to help - but I think a 3 year old is way out of my experience!!! sorry

I hope you get it sorted.

TBH I'd push the doctors to do tests on his swallow. Lots of people have swallowing issues. Does he get any breathing/chest issues or pneumonia/cough at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->