feel a bit pathetic

joea

Reaction score
i decided to work up to 39 weeks but at nearly 33 weeks I thinking about taking early maternity at the end of the week. i feel completely knackered and not coping with my spd and all the stairs at work plus struggling to have energy to get a decent dinner for my 3 kids when i come home from work. I've always worked up until the end so I feel a bit of a failure giving up 7 weeks before hand especially when it means less time off work with baby. I know I have valid reasons but can't shake this feeling off.

I understand just how hard it is to work at this stage with being pregnant, its tiring and if you find you need to take early maternity leave then I would advise it as you need to rest and get prepared for your new arrival! :hugs:

Oh gosh, there is no way that it should make you feel pathetic! You are growing a baby, and if you feel like you need to stop work because its too much for your body to handle, then do it!

If you are feeling too tired and worn out from work then it's best for your baby to stop earlier, you should not feel worried about it at all. Just remember in your previous pregnancies you didn't have as many kids at home to care for, so it's understandable you'd be more tired this time.

I bought my mat leave forward by a few weeks and I'm so glad I did!

Oh huni im the same as u but this is my first... I had full intensions of working til the end... 3days before my section) and im so over it and thinking of pulling the plug... im tired and exhausted and working full time is so hard right now... please dont feel like a failure coz u have every right to be tired and had enough... especially since ur already a mummy.

X

Go with your gut feeling. I was planning to work until almost 38 weeks, but actually decided I needed to stop a week earlier. I was otherwise feeling great (just that work was stressing me out and I was working so many extra hours trying to tie up all the loose ends - I am self-employed so had to finish several projects first). I got really emotional and just felt I had to stop and give myself some time to prepare. Good thing I did because I woke up at 37+5 at 2am on the day that would have originally been my last day of work to my waters breaking and I had my daughter 12 hours later. My body obviously knew I needed some time off first and I'm so glad I took it. You'll know what feels right. :thumbup:

I finished at 31 weeks and I'm soooooo glad that I did. I couldn't imagine working longer, I was exhausted!!

It's hard business this pregnancy. All pregnancies are different so if you feel like you can't manage it this time around then I don't think that makes you sound pathetic at all! It makes you sound like an excellent mummy! Good luck and listen to your body! x

Thank you. My doctor and midwife just gave me a stern 'take mat leave now' as i work with autistic students and due to placenta previa they are worried about me getting hit/ shoved. I've just brought a 4 storey house so I guess I could spent the time bullying the builders into finishing on time :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->