Feel crappy, put on weight since miscarriage :(

There are definitely differences of opinions in the medical field about exercise. Being a big runner~ I researched it to NO END and quite a few doctors say it's safe. I've been exercising for YEARS so I kid you not- I was FLOORED when I was told by my OB and FS to do no more than brisk walking in the 2ww and I don't think it's totally without merit. I'd say just take it easy overall- continue- but take it easy! :hugs:

so my excuse is always "what if I exercise and I over do it and I find out I'm pregnant and I lose the baby" I know it's not a rational way of thinking it's an "excuse".

Hey, I feel the same way about exercising.... I'm so afraid that the exercise I'm doing right now will reduce my chances of conceiving. I go to a cardio class that is running and squats, and i'm worried that will cause the baby not to implant or cause a m/c. It's not stupid, it's a real concern.

To add to the "taking it easy" thing... My doctor told me to continue the same exercise I was doing before. He said that as long as you don't start a new difficult exercise program, you're fine. He encourages working out... I also told him I was concerned about it causing a m/c... He had to keep repeating himself: NOTHING YOU DID/OR DO WILL CAUSE A MISCARRIAGE. That's just my doctor's opinion.
My FS said the same thing. She encouraged me to continue exercising and said it is good for me. I'm not running though, so I'm not sure about that. I'm doing mostly biking and elliptical along with weights.

I lost my Ava 8 weeks ago at 18 weeks we buried her on March 11th. I lost about 40 pds 2 yrs before I got pregnant. I have 3 boys 20,17 and 11 and at 40 I got the SHOCK of my life being pregnant, well I gained back it all and now Ava is gone and I am a fat lard ass :cry: Plus I have a Thyroid problem and after loosing her in March i was supposed to get my bloods done to get back on the proper dose , well i never went. I finally went on April-12 and now i am on the correct does and I have been running again but the weight wont come off till my meds kick in which is about another 4 weeks. So don't feel bad it happens. Now I am left her with nothing just emptiness, I hope this gets better for me :cry: I figured working out like walking and running will help me get my stress down, who knows, I hope so xoxoxo:hugs::hugs:

Hey AndyPanda,

Exercise has really helped me cope with my loss. I hope it helps for you.

There are definitely differences of opinions in the medical field about exercise. Being a big runner~ I researched it to NO END and quite a few doctors say it's safe. I've been exercising for YEARS so I kid you not- I was FLOORED when I was told by my OB and FS to do no more than brisk walking in the 2ww and I don't think it's totally without merit. I'd say just take it easy overall- continue- but take it easy! :hugs:
I have also seen online some people saying their docs told them to stop running. For me, I have gained 10lbs because all I keep doing is getting pregnant, immediately stopping my exercise, miscarry, get fatter, repeat. Sucks :wacko: So, I've decided I'm going to continue exercising. But, I do plan to keep my heart rate reasonable once I get my bfp. I think overdoing it is not a good idea either.

I'm so glad you had the courage to put this on.

I lost about 30lbs then fell pregnant last June. I've had two MMC since then and have put 3 stone on. I'm so miserable but TTC again is helping me to eat healthier. I'm definitely an emotional eater :(

I have also been putting on weight. I'm finding it really difficult to eat healthy.

I think I was initially in denial hoping that I hadn't miscarried so kept on eating for two :(

I just don't think emotionaly and physicaly after a miscarriage your weight or how much your gaining or how you look really matters and I'm realiseing this, weight can always be lost but I think everyone needs to grieve in their own way after a loss and mine and many ladies ways was comfort eating.

Agree about the comfort eating. I haven't felt able to deny myself chocolate treats etc.

I'm the same like before if I thought oh I want to lose a few pounds to fit into a smaller size I'd find motivation easy but since I'm just not motivated.

hi missbabyface. I am so sorry for your loss. I had a mmc in December and like you have just taken comfort in all the wrong sorts of foods! My miscarriage was very drawn out as I chose to wait for nature, and then I didn't stop bleeding for a further 4 weeks so I had to have an ERPC. All in all it's been so tough, and then to make it worse I have put on loads of weight so that gets me down too!! Arghhhhhh!!!

I have about 2.5 stone to lose (some of which was weight from before the mmc!) but I have recently joined a gym and hope to get some motivation from somewhere. Having a sad few days at the mo so it prob won't be this week!!!!!

Am here if you wanna talk/moan etc etc about it all hun.

Hugs xxx

hi missbabyface. I am so sorry for your loss. I had a mmc in December and like you have just taken comfort in all the wrong sorts of foods! My miscarriage was very drawn out as I chose to wait for nature, and then I didn't stop bleeding for a further 4 weeks so I had to have an ERPC. All in all it's been so tough, and then to make it worse I have put on loads of weight so that gets me down too!! Arghhhhhh!!!

I have about 2.5 stone to lose (some of which was weight from before the mmc!) but I have recently joined a gym and hope to get some motivation from somewhere. Having a sad few days at the mo so it prob won't be this week!!!!!

Am here if you wanna talk/moan etc etc about it all hun.

Hugs xxx

Thanks hun so sorry for your loss and I hope you have a sticky baby soon xx

I have also put on weight since my m/c. :( We lost our baby in December and I have gained almost 30 pounds since then. I don't know what my problem is, I just can't seem to stick with anything long enough to get it off, I just get so sad and lose all motivation to keep going. Hugs to all of you that are coping with a loss, it's not easy.

I have also seen online some people saying their docs told them to stop running. For me, I have gained 10lbs because all I keep doing is getting pregnant, immediately stopping my exercise, miscarry, get fatter, repeat. Sucks :wacko: So, I've decided I'm going to continue exercising. But, I do plan to keep my heart rate reasonable once I get my bfp. I think overdoing it is not a good idea either.

This is exactly the same for me, after my 3 miscarriages last year a little bit more weight goes on each time.., I love my little treats and am finding it so hard to give them up.I'm 8 weeks pregnant just now, and this pregnancy so far has had its issues, So I'm unable to do any exercise..... my bmi is tipping over 30, my thighs are rubbing together(tmi!) god I hate it...
First appointment with the midwife today and I know I will be recieving a lecture.... I will probably be found at the fruit and veg counter of my local supermarket later this afternoon lol.

im sorry yall lost, when i lost mine i gained 48lbs its been 10 months and we been tryin but no luck nothing. Its hard im still a lil depressed about it. Hopefully we all we get our turns to be a mommy soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->