Feel let down and like giving up

lorr1911

<a href="https://lilypie.c
Reaction score
Hi ladies, i have had 4 cons m/cs been to my hospital for tests which all came back clear,had an hsg test and swabs.I have heard about other tests such as FSH test whch needs doing on cycle day 3 so i couldnt of had that,does anyone know,is this not routinely done? my progesterone was checked once over a year ago at day 21 and not since! i have also heard of a DHEA test too, i am 39 so thinking my problem could be with my eggs.Even in my last hospital appt (the first one i madeit too whilst still pg before m/c) they didnt even check my blood levels or progesterone there,i called my gp who was no help either.Just dont believe they have done all they can,or maybe they just dont bother! does anyone know??? xxx

ive had 3 early losses and the only test ive had is my hormone levels (day 21 tests). All my doctor said was 80% of all pregnancies wont last and pregnancy tests are too sensitive nowadays. It is really fustrating that they dont seem to care. Maybe you could go and see another doctor, as i think yours should be doing a bit more. I hope you find someone that will listen and help you x

Thanks hun, i have made an appt for diff gp at same surgery as the one i usually see is pg now too so that doesnt help.Have u been refered to the hospital? Mine refered me to the gynaecologist but she didnt seem experienced in m/c,if i had genital warts or something im sure she could of sorted me out.Are u not getting any help either at the mo?xxx

Lorr - I think the cd3 tests will help to tell you the quality of your eggs and I would have the cd21 (7dpo) test done again. If it is a matter of low progesterone, they can help you with that the next time you get your BFP. If it still doesn't help, you could see if they will test you for NK cells, blood clotting disorders or genetic testing. Sometimes I think docs only want to take the easy way out and tell you there is nothing that can be done.

Good luck :dust:

Thanks dazed,i defo want that fsh test as i am 39!! so am concerned about my eggs, and a DHEA test,have u heard of that one? its to do with egg reserves.Might have to ask ask to go to diff hospital as i saw the consultant who said they done all the tests they can but they were just done then and there none on day 3 or 21 so they couldnt of checked for those things?!! and the blood they took from me was a week after my 2nd m/c so dont think they could of got accurate readings!

I would definately request to be sent to a different doc.
Thats the problem with some of these tests is that they have to be done on specific days. The day 21 should be done at 7dpo or your progest. levels will be off. I accidently did mine too early so they were on the low side but a doc could take it as you aren't ovulating and prescribe something to help.
I have only briefly heard about the DHEA, but if you can get them to do it, then do it. Anything that can shed light on you body can only help. I am currenly undergoing the testing as well and still have to do my cd3 tests to check my FHS, E2 (estradil) and TSH.

Good Luck! :dust:

Thanks hun, i have made an appt for diff gp at same surgery as the one i usually see is pg now too so that doesnt help.Have u been refered to the hospital? Mine refered me to the gynaecologist but she didnt seem experienced in m/c,if i had genital warts or something im sure she could of sorted me out.Are u not getting any help either at the mo?xxx
No i dont find them very helpful at all! i have one child already so the doctor says there couldnt be anything wrong with me (although i have read alot of stories that would think different) she also said i looked on google too much. I think if you keep going to see them eventually they will have to do something. Im sure if they had suffered the upset you have they would think twice about helping x

I have 3 children but none with dp,who has not got any maybe thats why they not helping me but something isnt right to have 4 m/c in a row,i ned to have the tests to check my eggs due to my age xxxx

There is more they can do to figure out what's happening to cause you to have these MCs. The technology is definitely there.

I've also been having early miscarriages, and I really think something's going on with my hormones. I did some googling on "progesterone deficiency" and the symptoms really seemed to fit. I have the HSG scheduled for next week, so then we can know for sure if something is wrong with my tubes, since they suspected the 1st MC was ectopic. But since we've already had kids, they can cross some stuff off the list and continue looking for other problems. I just can't believe they're telling you they've done all they can. Some of the stories on here are seriously amazing. Until they have exhausted every resource available to them, they need to keep looking and figure out why this keeps happening. I only had 2 MC before I went to my FS. You've had 4 and they still haven't been able to find out why. I would definitely expect more from them if I were you. If you can go somewhere else, get a fresh set of eyes on your case, do it. You shouldn't have to keep putting yourself through this with no answers.

Thanks hun, i researched myself and thought i could have low progesterone and even used progetserone cream in my last p/g but still m/c. All they kept stressing is that over half of infertility is unexplained,which didnt help.I am seeing a diff gp next week and going to ask for a referral to another hospital x

I hope they figure stuff out for you ASAP. My BFF had all sorts of tests done and they never revealed any problems but she was only able to successfully carry a pregnancy after they prescribed Clomid and Progesterone. Sometimes the tests don't give you all the answers, but at least having a game plan can give you some hope. Just because they can't explain what's wrong, that doesn't mean you are out of options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->