Feel like my own worst enemy

missVN

Reaction score
I hear a lot about boyfriends, family and friends 'sabotaging' weight loss attempts but I seem to do nothing but sabotage my own :dohh:
It doesn't seem to matter what diet I'm on, currently the cambridge diet which has been the most successful, I just seem to be on the path to self destruction.
I can do great for 3 or 4 days and then I'll have a day where I just can't stop eating, I'll eat to the point where I feel so sick, all the time telling myself I don't want or need it. It doesn't stop me though :nope:
I need to lose weight and I do really want to, been in tears so many times over it and I know I can do so why do I do this to myself :shrug:
I've lost nearly two and half stone already, dropped nearly 2 dress sizes and feel great so why doesn't this spur me on? Short of sewing my mouth up, what can I do?

are you an emotional eater? Is something spurring you on to feel like you need to eat?

When you do diet are you overly strict with yourself? I've found that for me I have to have one "cheat" day a week where I can relax myself and eat what I want. It helps me to stay focused for the rest of the week and helps me to not feel deprived

I know I am an emotional/ boredom eater at times but I really don't feel like it is that at the moment, I'm pretty good at realising I'm doing that and can usually stop myself. I'm on the Cambridge diet at the moment so, yes it is strict but at the moment it seems like the best option for me. I've done slimming world and weight watchers in the past, and haven't been strict with myself but I still have these days where I just eat and eat and eat! I do give myself a cheat day, every day after I've been weighed I allow myself to eat whatever- but one slice of toast turns into 6, and one slice of cheese turns into half a block. I know I shouldn't be doing it but its like I can stop myself and these days inevitably turn into two.

Thank you for taking the time to reply :flower:

Hey, there are a few things that you can do.

Write down EVERYTHING that you eat (LOL - on some days I could fill an A4 sheet)
Keep diet drinks in the fridge - everytime you go on a fridge raid, have a drink instead.
Paint your nails
Go for a walk
DON'T be so hard on yourself
Do a diet that is easy to stick to - if you starve yourself you will end up bingeing at the end of the day xx

Hugs
xx

I know I am an emotional/ boredom eater at times but I really don't feel like it is that at the moment, I'm pretty good at realising I'm doing that and can usually stop myself. I'm on the Cambridge diet at the moment so, yes it is strict but at the moment it seems like the best option for me. I've done slimming world and weight watchers in the past, and haven't been strict with myself but I still have these days where I just eat and eat and eat! I do give myself a cheat day, every day after I've been weighed I allow myself to eat whatever- but one slice of toast turns into 6, and one slice of cheese turns into half a block. I know I shouldn't be doing it but its like I can stop myself and these days inevitably turn into two.

Thank you for taking the time to reply :flower:

Personally for that reason alone, i dont think CB is right diet for you.
Yes, it can give you fabulous results but thing is you dont learn much as you go along, why when women stop it, huge urge to eat (not eat in the whole process of doing things slowly) can very quickly go back to where you started.

I would say i was bit of an emotional eater myself, over last 18 months ive learnt alot, ive learnt to control my emotions alot more, sometimes its through exercise, to completely honest i AM still my own worse ememy dont think that will ever change to a point because i still have moments how i feel can take over i will eat crap.
Ive had bad addictions which certain foods its taken me months after months to get rid of that, but i have. I feel if i had just got rid 1 day it wouldnt work for me.

Good luck with your journey it is possible! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->