Feel like the pregnancy pariah.. or something like that

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Something that's been bugging me....

My husband's cousin's wife (phew) and I were pregnant at the same time, her 2 months further along than me, when I miscarried. She was really sweet to me, but then when her baby was born it was like she didn't want me near him. We went to visit and if I moved near she'd move away... I know some new Mummys are really protective, but I did kind of take it personally, like she thought I'd try and steal her baby or something!! It hasn't got better with time (he's 7 months now) and I've sort of given up with her. There's no chance of a deep conversation, her only language is Italian and mine doesn't go far enough to express those kind of things.

Anyhow, recently a very good friend of mine told me she was pregnant. She's been with me through my problems the last couple of years, and has been TTC herself for about 6 months. She's 10 weeks now. Anyhow, I was the last person she told in our group of friends, which I can understand as maybe she wasn't sure how I'd take it. I'm really happy for her, but I feel myself being kept at arms length.... I don't know, maybe I'm paranoid. I will talk to her (I'm at home this week after a lap) but just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced something similar. I've had a few mcs (1 whilst TTC) and 1 ectopic, just had a blocked fallopian tube removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->