Feel like the worst mom ( please no mean comments)

Finny88

Reaction score
So I just found out I'm pregnant this week. I feel bad cuz last week and the weeks before I drank alcohol, coffee, ate sushi and painted my nails. As soon as I found out I stopped all of that but do you think I fid a ton of damage. I didn't know I was pregnant so I didn't do it on purpose.

Don't feel bad sweetheart, you can't help it if you didn't know! The weekend before I found out I was expecting my son, I went on a weekend long bender, smoked insane amounts of cigs through drinking.

We wernt trying so I didn't even think in my wildest dreams I may be pregnant. As soon as I found out, no more drink and quit smoking, no harm done :)

Honestly though, you arnt psychic, so don't beat yourself up over it :)

No because the placenta hasn't even formed yet so nothing in your blood will have passed to the baby.
Why can't you paint your nails?
Most sushi is safe to eat, and most of the risk is that if you get ill it may cause uterine contractions and cause a mmiscarriage.
Don't panic xx

I think most people who arent trying drink alcohol in the early weeks. The risk with the food is getting ill which you obviously didnt so no harm done. Im not strict about what i eat at all this time round, I'm sat here waiting for my fried egg with runny yolk as we speak. And why cant you paint your nails?

Don't worry Hun!

Last pregnancy I got bladdered at 5 weeks pregnant, this time went on a lot of roller coasters at 4 weeks!

I read that the chemicals are bad. I'm like that really sucks cuz I just graduated nursing school where I couldn't have my nails painted and now they say I can't cuz I'm preggo geez lol

Have you looked into CND nail shellac? It doesn't have all of the hormone mimicking chemicals that leach into your body as normal nail polish. I bought the light off ebay for $10 and some CND shellac off an online website and learned through a salon treatment and YouTube how to do it myself. Very much like gel nails it lasts for 2-3 weeks without chipping AND without having to file your nail right down like with gel nails AND without the toxic chemicals. I have French manicure on right now with a sparkle overcoat (VIP color) and love it! Google about nail polish toxicity and CND, it's pretty great stuff!

Don't worry about your sushi and boozing, baby was not connected at that time. Start now with a good diet and prenatal vit with folic acid or methyl folate (even better).

With my now 4 year old my pregnancy didn't show up until I was already past the first trimester! I had been doing a lot of drinking and things and my son is fine. I think you will be ok. And you didn't know you were pregnant just like I didn't if you don't know you can't help it. It's not your fault and I honestly feel baby will be just fine! Hope this helps. :hugs:

Have you looked into CND nail shellac? It doesn't have all of the hormone mimicking chemicals that leach into your body as normal nail polish. I bought the light off ebay for $10 and some CND shellac off an online website and learned through a salon treatment and YouTube how to do it myself. Very much like gel nails it lasts for 2-3 weeks but without having to file your nail right down and without the toxic chemicals. I have French manicure on right now with a sparkle overcoat (VIP color) and love it! Google about nail polish toxicity and CND, it's pretty great stuff!

Don't worry about your sushi and boozing, baby was not connected at that time. Start now with a good diet and prenatal vit with folic acid or methyl folate (even better).

That is a pretty good price for a light. I will look into that. I like shellac better anyway

You are fine. I binged drank while I was about 2 weeks pregnant with my daughter because I didn't know I was pregannt and attended a wedding!

Haha. I love these posts cos they remind me of myself. LITERALLY, every time I've had alcohol, I've found out I'm expecting 1-3 days after. With my first, I had my usual cocktail and it was AWFUL! The next day, I got a BFP. The second time, my OH and decided that we'd get drunk for OH's birthday, and we drank up a storm! I drank half a bottle of tequila, tons of whiskey, and some vodka, and I just couldn't feel anything! The next day, with no hangover, thinking that was REALLY weird, I tested - BFP! This time, we went to my cousin's party, and I had a shot of Jack, and my OH joked that I'd find out I'm pregnant. A few days later, BFP!

Also, this time, I found out late. I was eating RARE steak, RAW eggs, drinking 5 cups of coffee a day, etc. But, now I'm 21 weeks along with a perfect baby. :) I doubt you've done any damage. My doctor thought I was silly for bothering with asking about all the dumb things I was doing when I found out I'm expecting this one and went on to tell me about how she went on a trip to an amusement park and rode all the rides, got drunk, had sushi, ate mystery meat from a truck on the side of the road, etc. before finding out she was 3 months pregnant with her first. :haha: Her philosophy is that you've gotta give yourself a clean slate once you find out you're expecting and not do those things any MORE. :)

That is a pretty good price for a light. I will look into that. I like shellac better anyway

https://www.thestar.com/life/2012/08/03/beauty_columnist_tries_out_shellac_manicure_and_pedicure_with_her_daughter.html
https://skincare.about.com/od/caringforyourfeet/a/CDNShellac.htm

I was in the same boat as you, but was told that risk is very minimal at early gestation because placenta is not in place yet, and you are obviously not doing those things anymore. The thing about sushi - it's only because if you get food poisoning it may be harder to handle being pregnant (I had food poisoning last time, not because of sushi, but ended up in hosp). You will not get lysteria from sushi, most of it is safe. Nailpolish - as far as I understand doing your nails or coloring hair is totally fine as long as you are in well ventilated place so don't worry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->